Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Air suspension: repair-update..UAS/ Kyb struts..

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-10, 04:18 PM
young's 96
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Old 01-10-10, 05:19 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 89 Likes on 81 Posts

Originally Posted by LOLthxKbye
yeah, a buddy of mine still has the rubbing problem. with these new mounts i know right. he has front RCA's they might have taken away the clearance. but i have no idea.
I would think that the rca would drop it back to pretty much the same position it was before the UAS kit for up top...
Old 01-10-10, 05:31 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I would think that the rca would drop it back to pretty much the same position it was before the UAS kit for up top...
you might think that, but i think the front RCA makes releases the stress of the balljoint at the same time drop it. when you drop the car the UCA has to go somewhere which is up. when the UCA moves up the arm moves in as well. closer to the bag when dumped completely. which causes rubbing. depending how low you drive. im just worried about dumping it completely when im at car meets and pop. i'm going to call zack or raymond at UAS on monday. ill have the details.
Old 01-10-10, 05:56 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

you might think that, but i think the front RCA makes releases the stress of the balljoint at the same time drop it. when you drop the car the UCA has to go somewhere which is up. when the UCA moves up the arm moves in as well. closer to the bag when dumped completely. which causes rubbing. depending how low you drive. im just worried about dumping it completely when im at car meets and pop. i'm going to call zack or raymond at UAS on monday. ill have the details.
I thought you told me that you were on coils?

yea let me know what Ray says about the brackets. also, does UAS even claim that its suppose to take care of that problem or recognize that it exists? and now that I think about it... being that its a defect in a product (custom or not) we as buyers shouldnt have to pay to fix something they created i mean when there are 'recalls' on factory defects, the consumer never pays for that

as for the function ( I havent installed mine yet, so dont yet know) I thought that when deflated it completely raised it out of the way of the control arm and when deflated, both the bag and arm moved up out of each others way... IDK, know I'm getting discouraged With the 22's, I dont have this problem, but I dont want to not be able to switch to 20's
cause of this problem still curious on what they will say once you point out that the problem is still present.
Old 01-10-10, 11:22 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

im switching to air with coil's long story shh dont tell anyone lol. i just want air lol. i got everything pretty much it should be together real soon pictures will be up soon. UAS said that those brackets fixed the problem but i dont think they put the RCA drama into consideration. they made the bracket to clear enough, not major clearance imo. im not talking down on UAS or anything but im just trying to make things clear.

heres a picture of my friends car with front RCA's and those brackets on top of that, he also got custom bags, much much shorter. and when its aired down, it still touches.

Old 01-11-10, 12:05 AM
VipDout
19x11.5 -51

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn there is no way around the touch.

Chrispy should update us with his low ride height and see what issues he is having .

Alsooooo

I have the type 1 bags too , bigger and means you guys are or were in the clear until i read this.
Old 01-11-10, 12:11 AM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

the problem seems to lie in the amount of camber you have in the front. the more negative camber the more likely the banana steering knuckle will rub the bag. The bracket and the rca help the bag clear the UCA but not the steering knuckle.

the only solution is to either get a new steering knuckle, or a set of lca/uca setup that can effectively move the steering knuckle away from the bag, or just run the airrunner type bags that are slimmer.

Last edited by ElitistK; 01-11-10 at 12:23 AM.
Old 01-11-10, 12:14 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

heres a picture of my friends car with front RCA's and those brackets on top of that, he also got custom bags, much much shorter. and when its aired down, it still touches.
I see... I was under the impression that it was the actual A-arm that was rubbing and not the the spindle... (at least in my case it is) looks like camber is the issue more than the travel of the upper control arm.
Old 02-07-11, 10:03 PM
DPK*David
Pole Position

is there a part number for this shorter bag or do you just tell the guys at uas you want the shorter bag?
Old 02-07-11, 10:17 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DPK*David
is there a part number for this shorter bag or do you just tell the guys at uas you want the shorter bag?
I believe it is just a custom bag,