Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

What springs do you recommend?

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-09, 04:02 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by eggwoll
Do Eibach 250 springs cause greater premature shock wear than the Eibach 350 springs on an IS350?
I'd say we can guess that there might be some difference.
Old 08-21-09, 05:09 PM
galvanhect
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I recommend the Eibach lowering springs over coilovers. You get a smoth ride and they are very reliable.
Old 08-22-09, 10:51 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by galvanhect
I recommend the Eibach lowering springs over coilovers. You get a smoth ride and they are very reliable.
That's wonderful, but tell us more about actual experiences that lead to this conclusion.
Old 08-22-09, 11:10 AM
silentbob
Driver

250's or 350's?
Old 08-22-09, 11:31 AM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

if i'm reading your post correctly, are you basing your recommendation on your opinion that eibach lowering springs are smoother and more reliable than coilovers?

because that's a bit of a stretch... a BIG bit...

Originally Posted by IS-SV
That's wonderful, but tell us more about actual experiences that lead to this conclusion.
+1.
Old 08-22-09, 01:10 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by projectdna
if i'm reading your post correctly, are you basing your recommendation on your opinion that eibach lowering springs are smoother and more reliable than coilovers?

because that's a bit of a stretch... a BIG bit...
His words were chosen carefully enough, not to say he's wrong. Because a mild drop on set of Eibach 350's does give a more comfortable ride than anything severly lowered, springs or coilovers. And good springs themselves are durable enough, of course they are reliable. The shock wear thing is mostly based on endless speculation, although coilover rebuilds have actually been done by some posters before.

But the real question was what are his recommendations based on, would like to hear about real experiences, preferrably with Lexus cars.
Old 08-23-09, 12:45 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

His words were chosen carefully enough, not to say he's wrong. Because a mild drop on set of Eibach 350's does give a more comfortable ride than anything severly lowered, springs or coilovers. And good springs themselves are durable enough, of course they are reliable. The shock wear thing is mostly based on endless speculation, although coilover rebuilds have actually been done by some posters before.

But the real question was what are his recommendations based on, would like to hear about real experiences, preferrably with Lexus cars.
Springs on stock shocks more comfortable than coilovers? Don't think so.. my Tein CS coilovers ride more comfortable than stock even though it is lowered with 0 finger gap
Old 08-23-09, 10:20 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Springs on stock shocks more comfortable than coilovers? Don't think so.. my Tein CS coilovers ride more comfortable than stock even though it is lowered with 0 finger gap
Sounds wonderful, until you hit a speedbump, pothole or any substantial bump at California freeway speeds of 75-85mph. We know how cars that are extremely lowered are driven, I've watched them enter driveways, crawl over speedbumps, swerve around potholes, slow for railroad tracks, etc.
Old 08-23-09, 10:36 AM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

Sounds wonderful, until you hit a speedbump, pothole or any substantial bump at California freeway speeds of 75-85mph. We know how cars that are extremely lowered are driven, I've watched them enter driveways, crawl over speedbumps, swerve around potholes, slow for railroad tracks, etc.
Let me tell you this. Although my car is nearly slammed. I have no problem going up a speed bump without angling my car what so ever. I also do not touch the parking block at all. I been driving on my lowered car for over 1 year and encountered no problems. I even have the GFX kit.

I have no problem going in San Francisco city driving or 280/101/5/etc. I drive a average of 85 MPH on the freeway also. And have no problems entering my driveway, go over speedbump, or railroad tracks. I don't know what you are talking about but I don't have much problem with my car. I daily drive my car 50 miles a day if that matters.
Old 08-23-09, 07:41 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by smokyis350
Let me tell you this. Although my car is nearly slammed. I have no problem going up a speed bump without angling my car what so ever. I also do not touch the parking block at all. I been driving on my lowered car for over 1 year and encountered no problems. I even have the GFX kit.

I have no problem going in San Francisco city driving or 280/101/5/etc. I drive a average of 85 MPH on the freeway also. And have no problems entering my driveway, go over speedbump, or railroad tracks. I don't know what you are talking about but I don't have much problem with my car. I daily drive my car 50 miles a day if that matters.
Sounds like an ideal suspension setup, unlike many of the others.