Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

fsport springs bad ride

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-09, 03:58 PM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default fsport springs bad ride

guys i just installed the fsport springs 2 days ago and i already planning go back to stock. not to mention the infamous noise, the ride sucks with 18" tires, its bouncy as hell. my friend's IS250 was lowered by H.TECH he didnt have the problems i have.
Old 08-22-09, 04:04 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 25 Likes on 23 Posts

you're not much of a modder, are you?

who did the install - you, your friend/buddy, a local shop, or an authorized lexus service center?

iirc, the clunking noise should be fixed with rubber silencers. and f-sport springs will reduce ride height about an inch more than h-techs. as such, your ride quality will be altered.

you probably had the wrong expectations of f-sport springs, whatever they might have been.
Old 08-22-09, 04:12 PM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

i installed at dealer
Old 08-22-09, 04:14 PM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

can i place the rubber silencer without taking off the springs? or no way?
Old 08-22-09, 06:32 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

iirc, rubber silencers can be installed without removing the springs.

btw, since an authorized lexus service center installed your f-sport springs, wouldn't it make sense to go back to them and tell them your issues w/ your f-sport springs? after all, they are covered by the factory warranty since the authorized lexus service center installed them.
Old 08-22-09, 07:24 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Tein's are soft. F sport are not.

When you go lower with soft springs, its a lot worse for the car since the shocks is doing more work outside of its comfort zone. At least with stiffer springs its not likely to be compressed and depressed as much.
Old 08-22-09, 08:15 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

wow this is the first time i heard something about the Fsport ride. Hmm tried the Eibach springs. I drove my friends IS250 with these springs and they felt absolutely stock.
Old 08-22-09, 08:39 PM
mikez
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

You have to drive over bumps at highway speeds man, I was driving through Conn and I was absolutely white knuckled, the car was almost uncontrollable during dips and bumps, I felt like the car was getting air, changing lanes during the dips makes the car sway and suddenly the steering goes super soft and then when i get the stiffness back the car pulls left and right. Taking banking turns on uneven paved highways was like a nightmare, I don't know how I made it home lol, I've driven cars with 150 series tires with more confidence.
Old 08-22-09, 08:39 PM
blake0387
Driver

Originally Posted by projectdna
you probably had the wrong expectations of f-sport springs, whatever they might have been.
I'm with projectdna on this one, you have to expect there to be a tradeoff in return for the increase in handling.

I'm not sure of exactly what you were expecting, but that's the way it works with a lot of mods.
Old 08-22-09, 09:16 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

I've very recently installed the F-Sport springs on my IS and I love the handling and the looks w/out any clunking noise or poor ride quality whatsoever (even going through dips and bumps). I didn't even install any rubber pieces nor any silencers so I really don't see what the problem is with these perfectly great springs. IMO, those noises are cause by inaccurate installation not by the F-/Eibach springs. So I recommend to ya'll that take it to a very reputable local mod shop rather than the dealers to safe yourself the headache.
Old 08-22-09, 10:22 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very possible something is wrong with the installation. I tend to agree that a very experienced independent shop can often do a better job of installing springs (w/alignment) than the dealer.
Old 08-22-09, 10:49 PM
smokyis350
Lexus Champion

should of just got some coilovers.. peace of mind..

PS: for you people who say that they aren't a real car enthusiast that actually need coilovers and don't want to angle their car every time they go on a speed bump.. blah blah blah.. I get absolutely no scrapes on my front end going straight into a speed bump with GFX kit. My front end is lowered to the point where you have to angle your finger to actually fit.
Old 08-22-09, 11:03 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

^ shouldn't you probably ask why he got f-sport springs in the first place, instead of giving an uninformed, biased suggestion that may or may not be within his budget and/or need?
Old 08-23-09, 07:27 AM
rule1223
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by projectdna
^ shouldn't you probably ask why he got f-sport springs in the first place, instead of giving an uninformed, biased suggestion that may or may not be within his budget and/or need?
i got the fsport because i wanted a drop that wont void the factory warrenty
to make the car look better. i don't really care about performance. but for the person who said he didnt have the clunking noise from the springs, i think he is just lucky. 9/10 of us got that noise.
Old 08-23-09, 09:17 AM
blake0387
Driver

Yea, the clunk noise has been reported from all types of installation. (dealer, shops, diy, etc.) And it is definitely not caused by incorrect installation, if you didn't get it, you're just lucky, or you're not hitting stuff at the right angle/speed to cause it.

Quick Reply: fsport springs bad ride