Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Nervous as hell... (installing F sport springs tomorrow)

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-09, 09:57 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts
Default Nervous as hell... (installing F sport springs tomorrow)

After a year and a half of debating, I'm going to get my F-springs installed tomorrow. Bye bye old look and ride, hello new sleek and sporty ride with possible clunking and clearance headaches. I hope I'm not opening up a can of worms here. Last time I altered a suspension I regretted it (1993). Hope things have advanced since then. I've researched this prduct, topic, and the shop as far as I can go. Pics to come soon.
Old 09-02-09, 09:59 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

We'll be waiting for the pix.... Where are you having it installed?.... Back in the days sure is very different compared to today's. You'll be fine.
Old 09-02-09, 10:00 PM
aliu603
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

f sport springs are not going to give you any problems with clearance.....youd have to go coilovers and really slam your car to have issues like that especially if you're on oem rims...which i think you are juding by your sig and car
Old 09-02-09, 10:04 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I really want H&Rs... it's the best drop IMO on springs, and is linear compared to the F-Sport's progressive springs (resulting in the clunking noise) but I already scrape on some ares on STOCK suspension ...so even though I don't want to, I may go for f-sports... but im still thinking...

can't wait for some pics!! It may help me decide lol
Old 09-02-09, 10:05 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

I'm on stock rims and will keep it that way.
I'll talk about the shop tomorrow depending on how it comes out. They were recommended here at Club Lexus.
I just know how picky I am because I love my IS so much. I am scared just to have them put a power tool to my lug nuts. But I guess you gotta have some faith sometimes and go by what experienced people tell you.
Old 09-02-09, 10:16 PM
Phil888
Lexus Champion

Dont even worry about it, its barely considered as a drop. Get coilovers and slam that bcthhhhhhh
Old 09-02-09, 10:31 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Phil888
Dont even worry about it, its barely considered as a drop. Get coilovers and slam that bcthhhhhhh
Thanks man. That is the consensus I gather thus far. What I am trying to replicate is how I feel Lexus should have made this car from the start. Nothing too street-looking, but definitely sportier. This is my middle finger up in protest against the Euro Pedestrian law that was passed in 2004, effectively bastardizing most sport sedans.
Old 09-02-09, 10:32 PM
CAIFAN_64
Lexus Champion

Received 22 Likes on 19 Posts

Many members added tein silencers with the f-sport springs, that eliminated the clunk noise
Old 09-02-09, 10:34 PM
hapaboy
Lexus Champion

clearance is fine. if i can do it, anyone can.
Old 09-02-09, 10:38 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CAIFAN_64
Many members added tein silencers with the f-sport springs, that eliminated the clunk noise
The guy doing my installation is claiming none of that is neccessary if the installation is done correctly. Not even an alignment. He admits a lot of people dont' know what they are doing out there. My gut feeling is he knows his work. He does custom cars for SEMA and is also working on his own IS250 for SEMA. I have faith so far but we shall see...
Old 09-02-09, 10:59 PM
nsxiboi
Lead Lap

nice, keep us updated!
Old 09-02-09, 11:02 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
The guy doing my installation is claiming none of that is neccessary if the installation is done correctly. Not even an alignment. He admits a lot of people dont' know what they are doing out there. My gut feeling is he knows his work. He does custom cars for SEMA and is also working on his own IS250 for SEMA. I have faith so far but we shall see...
I see you are also in CA.... where are you getting the install done?
Old 09-02-09, 11:03 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GiantsFan
I see you are also in CA.... where are you getting the install done?
Sit tight and I'll disclose everything and the results tomorrow.
Old 09-02-09, 11:16 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
wow no alignment needed. let me know who the magic man is. cant wait to find out the place that yur getting em installed from.
Old 09-02-09, 11:36 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

There is really so much the guy can do to replace the suspension coils. If you are just removing the shocks/struts to get into the springs, replace it and put it back, the car will still drive straight. However, the camber, toe, thrust angle would be a little off depending on how low you lowered the car. An alignment is still recommended for peace of mind. Just my opinion ya'll... I've been lowering cars for quite some time now and just speaking from experience. I'm sure that guy who will lower his car will do an awesome job.

Quick Reply: Nervous as hell... (installing F sport springs tomorrow)