Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

clunking on eibach 350's?

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-09, 02:58 PM
silentbob
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default clunking on eibach 350's?

anyone have or have heard of clunking issues on eibach 350's? i know these are supposedly the same as f-sports, but i've only read of clunking stories with f-sports, not with eibachs, so i'm a little confused. if this is the case, i might just go with the 350's to have a better chance of being clunk free...thanks!
Old 09-03-09, 03:01 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good question, because I have not experienced it with Eibach 350's on my IS350.

2nd question, there's been mention of "proper spring installation" contributing to the F-Sport/Eibach springs being quiet, what does that mean?
Old 09-03-09, 04:06 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Good question, because I have not experienced it with Eibach 350's on my IS350.

2nd question, there's been mention of "proper spring installation" contributing to the F-Sport/Eibach springs being quiet, what does that mean?
I'm wondering the same thing. I highly doubt dealer couldn't do springs install properly.
Old 09-03-09, 06:27 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by dojoman
I'm wondering the same thing. I highly doubt dealer couldn't do springs install properly.
The Lexus dealers are good at mechanical, maintenance, and electrical work not much exposure to mods; especially changing out springs in which those seldomly break after over 90K+ miles.

And if there is really a defect on the F-sport springs (rebadged Eibach) itself, don't you think Lexus would have recalled or rectify the product by now. To top it off, base on the CL polls 60% don't / 40% do get the clunking noise. If there is an issue with just the springs, most of us should have the problem not majority don't.

Last edited by loftus112; 09-03-09 at 07:17 PM.
Old 09-03-09, 10:33 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by loftus112
The Lexus dealers are good at mechanical, maintenance, and electrical work not much exposure to mods; especially changing out springs in which those seldomly break after over 90K+ miles.

And if there is really a defect on the F-sport springs (rebadged Eibach) itself, don't you think Lexus would have recalled or rectify the product by now. To top it off, base on the CL polls 60% don't / 40% do get the clunking noise. If there is an issue with just the springs, most of us should have the problem not majority don't.
Certainly a mystery on the noise. The Lexus shop he used in Fremont should have a fair amount of experience installing F Sport springs, because of the number and demographics of the Lexus buyers here. But in my opinion a couple of the best independent shops locally have done many more suspension mods (including springs) to Lexus cars.

So the mystery remains, as to the cause....
Old 09-04-09, 08:01 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Certainly a mystery on the noise. The Lexus shop he used in Fremont should have a fair amount of experience installing F Sport springs, because of the number and demographics of the Lexus buyers here. But in my opinion a couple of the best independent shops locally have done many more suspension mods (including springs) to Lexus cars.

So the mystery remains, as to the cause....
yeah I still don't buy it the fact the dealer couldn't even do springs install. They ARE certified mechanic afterall, they have the same experience if not more than mod shops. One tech, who used to work there and CL member as well is very knowledgeable even down to every detail of the car.
Old 09-04-09, 04:17 PM
silentbob
Driver

what about installs done by tommy at music box? apparently he's done a ton for socal people here. are they clunking?

so i guess no other eibach 350's besides IS-SV?