Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

need more help with F-Spring clunking issues...

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-09, 02:52 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
I wonder what's the outcome with Fizzboy,s clunking problem..............
And the story keeps unfolding. Now, as of Friday, I am informed from the O.C. dealer the springs are indeed flawed and they are offering to replace mine at no charge. Only problem is they are an hour+ away and I have already bought the Tein sleeves. When I asked what was the actual problem with the current springs and how are the new ones are different, I was not given an answer. It sounds like a hush hush thing so far or this particular dealership is being gracious while others are not. I haven't called my local dealer yet, but I'd prefer to take it to them since they are a few minutes away. Yet I didn't buy the springs from them. Yet it's a defective Lexus part, which should make any dealer eligable for the service. Also, the far away one specializes in modding and my local one does not. I would be getting better work at the far away one. I'm considering my options, but I really do not want to put the miles on my car.
More phone calls coming Monday morning....

Last edited by Fizzboy7; 10-03-09 at 08:33 PM.
Old 10-03-09, 08:14 PM
TommyT
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I will wait more info before install mine springs....

Thanks Fizzboy7
Old 10-03-09, 08:37 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TommyT
I will wait more info before install mine springs....

Thanks Fizzboy7
No problem. I'll keep everyone updated. Be advised, there are now two part numbers to the rear springs. The "bad" ones and now the revised ones. Or at least that's what the service guy tells me.
Old 10-03-09, 09:14 PM
TommyT
Lead Lap

i checked the f-sport web site and it still show same part number for RWD IS250
Old 10-03-09, 09:21 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

i checked the f-sport web site and it still show same part number for RWD IS250
Maybe that would explain why I never got a call back from the dealer after requesting the new part number. That, or the whole thing is "unofficial?" I don't know. So much still does not make sense. I'm told by the service department there is a revised spring, yet no one knows of a part number, there's been no official notice to the public, nor has there been any recall of any sorts. This also angers me when I think about the springs I bought at the end of July. Did the dealer or Lexus know these could have been faulty units and still sold them to me? I sense a call to corporate coming with complaint in hand. This is very un-Lexus-like.
Old 10-03-09, 11:08 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

In my experience the best bet is to just get your springs directly from Eibach via an experienced independent shop. I've had no issues with my Eibach 350's ordered/delivered/installed in May 2009.

Let's see what the Lexus dealer of Fizzboy finds out. My guess is that the Lexus dealers still have a lot of older F springs (that may have been revised in more recent production runs).
Old 10-06-09, 05:46 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by dojoman
I installed Tein rubber sleeves and clunking noise is completely gone. Get 6 rubber sleeves medium size and install them on dead coils 2 and 4 just like others have said. Problem solved!!!
So the springs are working well? (now that the siliencers have been on for a few days)...............................
Old 10-06-09, 05:49 PM
GiantsFan
Lexus Fanatic

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Maybe that would explain why I never got a call back from the dealer after requesting the new part number. That, or the whole thing is "unofficial?" I don't know. So much still does not make sense. I'm told by the service department there is a revised spring, yet no one knows of a part number, there's been no official notice to the public, nor has there been any recall of any sorts. This also angers me when I think about the springs I bought at the end of July. Did the dealer or Lexus know these could have been faulty units and still sold them to me? I sense a call to corporate coming with complaint in hand. This is very un-Lexus-like.
Any update?
Old 10-06-09, 09:19 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Talked to the dealer today. The "improved" springs are out of stock and I have to wait for the next shipment. No biggie. Apparently they are the springs from the new ISC, so supply is limited. There is not much more information as to what is changed with these.
Old 10-06-09, 09:57 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Interesting, so they just keep pushing the old F-sport springs until they are sold out?
Old 10-06-09, 10:04 PM
TommyT
Lead Lap

is that mean ISC springs (PTR07-53100) can be use on IS250/350 ?????

Talked to the dealer today. The "improved" springs are out of stock and I have to wait for the next shipment. No biggie. Apparently they are the springs from the new ISC, so supply is limited. There is not much more information as to what is changed with these.
Old 10-06-09, 10:16 PM
SD.IS
Lexus Test Driver

i spoke with my service adviser today at lexus of westminster and he confirms that isc springs do fit on our 2is minus awd of course. the springs will be shipped sometime in the near future as soon as f-sport fully releases the "remade" springs for the 2is. as of right now all i know is the coiling is different. i will keep you guys updated as much as i can, he promised me the 1st set haha
Old 10-07-09, 06:12 AM
mikes rx
I use "..." ....... a lot

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Apparently they are the springs from the new ISC, so supply is limited. There is not much more information as to what is changed with these.
is that mean ISC springs (PTR07-53100) can be use on IS250/350 ?????
Originally Posted by Lex v2.5.0
i spoke with my service adviser today at lexus of westminster and he confirms that isc springs do fit on our 2is minus awd of course.
This is VERY interesting, because the IS-C F-sport springs have a different spring rate AND wire size than the sedan springs, according to the F-sport website.

Also, the ISC springs lower the car at a different rate front/rear.....although that would be true if the stock IS-C sits higher than the sedan stock (which is does slightly in the front)

Just doesn't seem right, and I can't see lexus doing that. I would think that if they could, they would've just used the same part # for both the sedan and vert ----> less manufacturing costs/etc to just have one part #

Last edited by mikes rx; 10-07-09 at 06:16 AM.
Old 10-07-09, 07:39 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Mmmm, a lot of guessing and only a trickle of info from dealers on this issue. Not a good reflection on F-Sport so far.
Old 10-07-09, 08:34 AM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 270 Likes on 217 Posts

Originally Posted by IS-SV
So the springs are working well? (now that the siliencers have been on for a few days)...............................
I think the springs still make clunking noise if driving over bumps really fast. The sound is less pronounce and no noise if I slowly go over. Before I got the sleeves, I hear clunks over pot holes too but it's gone now. The rubber sleeves are doing their job but it won't remove the noise completely. BTW do yours Eibach compress fully and dead coils are touching each other when the car is parked. Mine are completely touching each other.

Quick Reply: need more help with F-Spring clunking issues...