Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tanabe TEAS

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-09, 07:53 PM
GenkiRS16
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tanabe TEAS

Hey guys,

For those who have the Tanabe TEAS system installed, have you experienced any problems with it?

I have installed the TEAS system on my car, and it has been giving me problems. The TEAS module works when the car is from a cold start, however, after driving a while and the car warms up (about mid-way on the temperature gauge), once I turn off the car and turn it back on, the TEAS module will show the reading of low voltage at around 13.3v (the TEAS requires at least 13.5v to be functional)...the power comes directly from the battery, so I thought it was a problem with the battery, but it's still the case now that I've changed to an Optima battery.

I've contacted Tanabe and tried everything that the tech guy said to do and that didn't make it go away. I took the car to dealership too and I was told that the car was running at the right voltage...

I spoke to a friend of mine who works at Lexus dealership, and he told me that the car computer controls alternator output, and it increased voltage output when your car has higher electrical load and decreases with a lower load. He also said that the computer can't be programmed to constantly supply higher output.

I'm really running out of options...can any of you guys help me with this issue?

Thanks a lot for any advice!
Old 09-20-09, 09:27 AM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

PM hojin4eva about this. I read he was running TEAS. I was looking into ordering the TEAS along with my tanabe coils but ill have to keep updated with this thread.