Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

r1concepts rotors

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-09, 09:07 AM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I liked Hawk HPS, I actually thought they grabbed better than my EBC green. But the noise...went back to OEM and now on Project mu
Old 10-07-09, 07:55 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Well I got my pads and rotors today. It was pretty quick ordered them on Thursday and got here in about 6 days. So far I'm happy with the quick ship. I will install this next weekend along with a complete tune-up and bleeding the brakes. I'll keep you guys posted on how it turns out.
Old 10-08-09, 01:54 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I don't like my Hawk HPS pads. I had EBC Greenstuff and the Hawk pads have a lower initial bite, stopping power and feel is about the same, but they make dust like crazy and are noisier than my EBC's which had very little dust and was dead quiet. Pads lasted a long time too. At this point I might just switch the pads early with some ceramic pads. Should have bought ceramic to begin with.
damn chris shut up....stop raining on my parade.lol.oh btw how u been? dont think i have spoke to you really since i bought my strut bar from you.

so you think the ebc's are better? i have no dust issues that i noticed (well i havent cleaned the car in god knows how long its rained last 19 outta 25 days) i did JUST develop a low speed squeak but since i havent heard it since it stopped raining im gonna chalk it up to maybe the weather . its at like 1-5 mph and its short but only when i tap brakes so i barely notice it unless its windows down and radio off when i pound the brake though they grab and stop though. how long approx did your ebc pads last?

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
I liked Hawk HPS, I actually thought they grabbed better than my EBC green. But the noise...went back to OEM and now on Project mu
hmmm did u always have noise coco? link to project mu's? i had a BBK from them years ago and loved it. hella $$ though

OP what kinda pads DID u get? i know which rotors u got but not sure on pads
Old 10-16-09, 09:46 PM
tonysgs300
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CK6Speed
I don't like my Hawk HPS pads. I had EBC Greenstuff and the Hawk pads have a lower initial bite, stopping power and feel is about the same, but they make dust like crazy and are noisier than my EBC's which had very little dust and was dead quiet. Pads lasted a long time too. At this point I might just switch the pads early with some ceramic pads. Should have bought ceramic to begin with.
I so agree the EBC greenstuf are some Sick pads!!! they lasted me almost 3 years before they went completley dead. but Awsome pads. where can I get the R1 rotors? and does anyone have a REC on slotted vs x drilled???
Old 10-18-09, 08:07 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Well I installed the Rotors/Pads combo last night. Stopping power good so far. No noise from the brakes, vibrations or squeaks at low speeds or stopping. I did notice a little bit or rust of them already like 1/8th of a inch long about the size of a pen mark on the rotor face itself but i am in WA and it is raining. The brake pedal is still soft like before even though we bleed the brakes. Next on the list is SS brake lines and hope that will solve the soft pedal feeling.
Old 10-18-09, 08:35 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Before my LS400 caliper upgrade, I've always had the mushy feel with OEM brakes. I don't remember which year Lexus upgraded the master cylinder (00 or 01),but the newer GS felt better than the 98 and 99 I've driven. If my master cylinder ever goes out, I think I'm going to see if I can retrofit the 00/01+ into my car.

My R1s are holding up fine so far. my rotors shift back and forth a bit like the OEM rotors, especially when I change from park to reverse/drive. In most Hondas I've worked on, the rotors are screwed into the hub to prevent the rotors from shifting. One of these days I'm going to apply the same method to my car.
Old 10-18-09, 09:43 PM
kevin.tran
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GSteg
Before my LS400 caliper upgrade, I've always had the mushy feel with OEM brakes. I don't remember which year Lexus upgraded the master cylinder (00 or 01),but the newer GS felt better than the 98 and 99 I've driven. If my master cylinder ever goes out, I think I'm going to see if I can retrofit the 00/01+ into my car.

My R1s are holding up fine so far. my rotors shift back and forth a bit like the OEM rotors, especially when I change from park to reverse/drive. In most Hondas I've worked on, the rotors are screwed into the hub to prevent the rotors from shifting. One of these days I'm going to apply the same method to my car.
Yea, I learned something new when I was working on the rotors with my buddy was that we have floating rotors.
Old 02-05-12, 03:58 PM
850Lexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I love my ebc greenstuff pads. I have them on my GS and on my QX56. Hawk are suppose to have more grab but eat the rotor and pads quicker.