Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Garage Excellent Aristo - Slammed on coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-09 | 07:25 PM
EvilAristo
Rookie

Car looks good, but the chrome door handles don't go with the black wheels, roof, and side mirrors. If you black them out as well or match the paint of the car it would look better in my opinion.
Old 09-28-09 | 09:27 PM
vinh
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
FAR from VIP. Off the top of my head, Bippupxr is the closest to VIP. Flush is NOT VIP. VIP must have bags, must have lip kissed with 30* of camber , and HUGE lips on rims (to name a few)
oh dear.............
Old 09-28-09 | 09:49 PM
Str8 VIP
Pole Position

dam that car is "dropped'' (by rich boy, check the song out) looks good but u converted to single exhaust? thats a first, something new i guess but it's good
Old 09-28-09 | 10:20 PM
LiLJ0HN7i4
Rookie

slammmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmed
Old 09-28-09 | 11:53 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

i dont think all the roads are that good in japan, i think they all just man up ovre there and grind over everything a lot and constantly repair their aero.

they also all run 20kg/mm ++ spring rates
Old 09-29-09 | 06:10 PM
genetic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
FAR from VIP. Off the top of my head, Bippupxr is the closest to VIP. Flush is NOT VIP. VIP must have bags, must have lip kissed with 30* of camber , and HUGE lips on rims (to name a few)
lol, you're real funny.

Real vip cars have wheels that actually fit.
Old 09-29-09 | 09:16 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

^ define fit?

Vip cars have several different types of wheel fitment... some are flush on stock guards, some are very flush on radiused guards, some are widebody, some have shaved guards & tuck rim, some have crazy amounts of camber like bippu's car did. Its all up to how you want it to look.

as i said, i think the issue with this car is it doesnt stick to any one 'approach' to VIP so it seems a bit disjointed in its style
Old 09-29-09 | 09:29 PM
EN_VY
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ElitistK

you are now the biggest clown for naming bippu's car as "the closest to vip".

seriously, just don't post for a month and get an education.
Wow that is extremely rude. Lets keep the personal attacks to ourselves, shall we? I hope he keeps on posting, as ALOT of his post have been very informative to me.
Old 09-29-09 | 10:00 PM
SoloKaMGS
Lead Lap

i low the suspension work done on this ride. i honestly have to say wish i can ride like this.
Old 09-29-09 | 11:02 PM
airmax
Pole Position

Originally Posted by EN_VY
Wow that is extremely rude. Lets keep the personal attacks to ourselves, shall we? I hope he keeps on posting, as ALOT of his post have been very informative to me.
i dont see why? his kit is a tuner kit, which =/= VIP. nice wheels, nice parts, but the kit will always keep him from being a "true VIP car". i like james and his car (for the most part), but his car isnt the first thing i think of when i think VIP. might not have been the best approach to get that point across, but hes still right.
Old 09-30-09 | 11:52 AM
AsGs300
Instructor

WOW ! BUT HOW?.. Danm it i want those fenders!
Old 09-30-09 | 05:10 PM
genetic
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by [ant]
^ define fit?

Vip cars have several different types of wheel fitment... some are flush on stock guards, some are very flush on radiused guards, some are widebody, some have shaved guards & tuck rim, some have crazy amounts of camber like bippu's car did. Its all up to how you want it to look.

as i said, i think the issue with this car is it doesnt stick to any one 'approach' to VIP so it seems a bit disjointed in its style
I rather be driving that "disjointed style" Garage Excellent car, than this

and you call that fitment? those wheels don't even fit that car.
Old 09-30-09 | 06:59 PM
ElitistK
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by EN_VY
I don't see how it is a personal attack if I am disproving a false statement that is insulting to a vip style car owner

It's almost as bad as saying "nice Lamborghini" to a Ferrari owner.

^ define fit?

first rule is to be flush. doesn't matter if it's a 100mm overfender, the wheels have to be flush.
Old 09-30-09 | 09:46 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

^ define fit?

VIP is how clean things fit. not FORCING them to fit. bippu's car isnt "VIP" IMO.
Old 09-30-09 | 09:51 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

genetic - i cant see the pic cause i'm at work. but the point i was trying to make is that there are different approaches to VIP wheel fitment, it doesnt necessarily have to be any one extreme. i think the thing that lets that Excellent car down is its lack of flow more than any one thing in particular. its up to you if you dont want an extreme camber VIP Car, doesnt make that any less VIP than anything else.

to illustrate my point here ssome pics. these cars are all VIP styled and have different approaches to wheel fitment. they may not be the most awesome examples but theyre just whats on my work computer.
Attached Thumbnails Garage Excellent Aristo - Slammed on coilovers-12.jpg   Garage Excellent Aristo - Slammed on coilovers-39.jpg   Garage Excellent Aristo - Slammed on coilovers-43.jpg   Garage Excellent Aristo - Slammed on coilovers-55.jpg   Garage Excellent Aristo - Slammed on coilovers-115.jpg  

Quick Reply: Garage Excellent Aristo - Slammed on coilovers