Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Adjustable toe arms?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-09, 06:53 PM
1.5jzsupra
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Adjustable toe arms?

Does anybody know if any other Lexus's have the same rear toe control arms? Particularly the IS? There were some for sale on ebay that said they were for the IS and GS, I think they were Top Speeds? There isn't any for sale at the time for the GS but a ton for the IS and SC.
I also heard Megan made some for the GS, does anybody know for sure?

Thanks ahead of time!
Old 09-28-09, 08:28 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

i wouldnt trust my life to MEGAN brand products.
too many stories and experiences with their parts failing.
even 240 owners hate on megan
Old 09-28-09, 08:34 PM
1.5jzsupra
Rookie

Really? I thought they were good? Does anybody have any experience with there parts failing? I have megan springs and haven't had any problems, but they are springs..

Anyway I found out that the 01 body style IS300 has the same rear suspension as the GS!! I looked at the part numbers on Sewell. So that means adjustable toe arms!!
Old 09-29-09, 12:51 AM
GS Yakuza
Driver School Candidate

I came from the 240 scene and to be very honest with you, DO NOT BUY THEM! I've seen pictures of tie rod ends stripping off. Luckily for those guys, they heard popping noises and what not and check only to find many threads on the tie rod ends stripped.

Stick with brand name (i.e. Tein, Bilstein, Tanabe) Dunno who else is good for our cars, but please dont buy that taiwan replica crap.

Oh yeah, Megan replicates Apexi structure, but internal settings etc are way off.
Old 09-29-09, 03:08 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Nothing wrong with Megan stuff, use them all the time on 240's Toyota and Lexus.. Most of the beef is people that payed more for top name parts look down on the cheaper stuff.
Old 09-29-09, 09:53 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

i can confirm that the megan toe arm for the IS fits GS.... TOP SPEED toe arms are the exact one from megans from what my friend said when talked to one of the megan representatives...one guy has them on his car DASHOCKER... shoot him a pm or search for RCA and youll find the link

im boutta get some soon too
Old 09-29-09, 03:30 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

when u buy big name products, u dont pay for the BRAND, u pay for the quality and RnD that is put into it. megan just copies others products and puts the cheapest amount of money into replicating it. their pillowball joints are a joke. those that defend megan are blinded by their purchases.

240 owners experiences

Originally Posted by brewster240
think i can weld these too? mr tie rod ends for s chassis.

put these in on saturday, broke on wednesday. this is the side that their heim joint threads into. i threaded the heim in as far as it could, that tightened down the lock nut.

the hole is now oval, and the threads ripped out. thank god i felt a wobble in the steering (i think thats from when the metal started stretching) and as i was making a right turn in a parking lot after slowing down, the end ripped completly out of the sleeve.

not to mention the heims themselves have a lot of play in them. this is after less then a week, and less the 500 miles.

Originally Posted by Jesster
So i've got some megan coilovers, and they are sweet. So i decide what better way to top it off than with some megan ruca's. Y'know camber adjustment, woo. So i get them in the mail and one is good, but the other is not even frikken welded up all the way (see pic). Now keep in mind, this is from megan racing, a respected? company that has to upkeep safety and quality standards. It's bull**** right?

but it gets better. long story short i send them back, wait frikken forever to get a new "good" set. And when i get them, again, one is good, but more bull**** from the other. The links are threaded wrong so to adjust them you must unbolt the arm, and the threads are significantly shorter that the other good arm.

I'm not going to put these things on my car, i've already contacted megan AGAIN. It's frustrating and stupid. If you have these, or are getting them be cautious because appearently they have no control over quality.

Old 09-29-09, 08:48 PM
1.5jzsupra
Rookie

man why you gotta be telling me this stuff?? i dont have the money for ikeya's, those are what? upward $600?

Does anybody know if dashocker has had any problems with his?
Old 09-30-09, 12:34 AM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

i guess ikeyas are expensive becuz they are the only one that makes em right now.
Old 09-30-09, 08:30 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by 1.5jzsupra
man why you gotta be telling me this stuff?? i dont have the money for ikeya's, those are what? upward $600?

better to know it will fail n have it fail then not know it will fail n it failing
Old 09-30-09, 08:41 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

i guess we gotta sue megan then if something else fails
Old 09-30-09, 08:41 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by 1.5jzsupra

he said its still holding up tight and no noise or complaints
Old 10-01-09, 05:11 AM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Originally Posted by 5t341th
when u buy big name products, u dont pay for the BRAND, u pay for the quality and RnD that is put into it. megan just copies others products and puts the cheapest amount of money into replicating it. their pillowball joints are a joke. those that defend megan are blinded by their purchases.

240 owners experiences
I have both of those parts on my personnel 240 and no problem's most 240 owners are kids and DIY and dont instal to well not to mention nissans are cheap stuff and abused. I have been a Megan dealer for 5 years and never got a defective product. And my vision is 20/20 playa.
Old 10-01-09, 09:12 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

my friend is also been a vendor of megans for a while and never had a problem as well... idk about jesster product but i stand behind megans product tho
Old 10-12-09, 08:47 AM
bojzs147
Rookie

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by GS300ToM
my friend is also been a vendor of megans for a while and never had a problem as well... idk about jesster product but i stand behind megans product tho

yub.... i got MEGAN on my 1gs for 4 years now.......

Quick Reply: Adjustable toe arms?