Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

front suspension fixes and facts

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-09, 12:52 PM
Sxy Lexy
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sk you are the man. We will need to dicuss this when I call you.
Old 11-23-09, 02:32 PM
sivikvtec
Intermediate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

forgive my ignorance but how come that daizen bushing (the red one in the pic) looks huge compared with the OEM one. The oem one is within the hole of the arm and that big thing sticks way out on either side???
Old 11-23-09, 02:47 PM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Optical illusion. The red stands out more.
Old 11-25-09, 10:33 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

great thread. I've had the daizen kit sitting in my garage for almost a year. I need to do this
Old 11-25-09, 11:26 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

get em done speed it is so worth it .
Old 11-26-09, 09:19 AM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

thanks for the informative posts...really...I'm going to get this done as soon as the car is out of the shop
Old 11-26-09, 04:45 PM
Emil
Pole Position

i've got the Daizen kit,only installed the lower control arm bush though,also have Daizen steering bushes installed,with HSD coilover's and fron RCA's

i went to Paris,and all was good,when i come back and went to install my CA bush,found out one of the bolts on RCA was fubar,fixed this,installed CA bushes only on both sides,and now I have a vibration from 65-75mph,and real bad shudder when highspeed braking...

it wasn't that bad before i had the CA bushes fitted,however i've not had it aligned since they were fitted...

also got a vibration/noise from driver's footwell (RHD car) at all speeds/times,and i've replaced my ball joints 10,000 miles ago

any tips on what i can check,i'll be taking the wheel's off and checking everythings tight and should be,but i don't know what else it could be,not sure i want to get alignment done if i'm going to have to change stuff again..
Old 11-27-09, 01:16 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Like i mentioned in the first post , you need to get an alignment .
How can you even start to diagnose anything before you base line the cars geometry ?
If you want to change the rest then do that before the alignment . I am not really sure what you expected to hear if you didn't do the basics first ?
Old 11-27-09, 08:50 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Emil
i've got the Daizen kit,only installed the lower control arm bush though,also have Daizen steering bushes installed,with HSD coilover's and fron RCA's

i went to Paris,and all was good,when i come back and went to install my CA bush,found out one of the bolts on RCA was fubar,fixed this,installed CA bushes only on both sides,and now I have a vibration from 65-75mph,and real bad shudder when highspeed braking...

it wasn't that bad before i had the CA bushes fitted,however i've not had it aligned since they were fitted...

also got a vibration/noise from driver's footwell (RHD car) at all speeds/times,and i've replaced my ball joints 10,000 miles ago

any tips on what i can check,i'll be taking the wheel's off and checking everythings tight and should be,but i don't know what else it could be,not sure i want to get alignment done if i'm going to have to change stuff again..

There was an article about not replacing the Lower Control arm bushings due to trailing or tramaling on the road.. IT was from a few years ago.. Everything should be replaced not just bits and pieces.. GL
Old 11-27-09, 09:03 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skperformance
Like i mentioned in the first post , you need to get an alignment .
How can you even start to diagnose anything before you base line the cars geometry ?
If you want to change the rest then do that before the alignment . I am not really sure what you expected to hear if you didn't do the basics first ?
i thought clublexus was some sort of blackbox that spits out an answer everytime I ask a question?
Old 11-27-09, 09:23 PM
pharcyde
Driver School Candidate

I'm still a little unclear about this. I have a 2000 GS300 and plan on trying the Daizen bushing kit. Is there any benefit to upgrading to the 2001+ arms?
Old 11-28-09, 01:34 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by pharcyde
I'm still a little unclear about this. I have a 2000 GS300 and plan on trying the Daizen bushing kit. Is there any benefit to upgrading to the 2001+ arms?
From the threads and posts it seems only the 03-05 caster arms are beneficial and have the TRD bushing per Coco-Buns threads..
Old 11-28-09, 11:18 AM
bonestock5
Driver School Candidate

My clunking and creaking ended up being my passenger lower ball joint. Found out the hard way last night. The joint broke as I was backing down my friends drive way last night. From what I saw the ABS sensor wire snapped and the fender is a little bit out of shape. I am upset that I didn't get it taken care of after hearing all the symptoms but glad it did not happen when I was on the freeway or on the road going 45. We ended up pushing my car to the curb with the passenger side on a jack. I will be seeing the carnage in about an hour. Got the DIY ball joint and ABS wire threads printed, hopefully I can get'em done today.
Old 11-28-09, 09:36 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by bonestock5
My clunking and creaking ended up being my passenger lower ball joint. Found out the hard way last night. The joint broke as I was backing down my friends drive way last night. From what I saw the ABS sensor wire snapped and the fender is a little bit out of shape. I am upset that I didn't get it taken care of after hearing all the symptoms but glad it did not happen when I was on the freeway or on the road going 45. We ended up pushing my car to the curb with the passenger side on a jack. I will be seeing the carnage in about an hour. Got the DIY ball joint and ABS wire threads printed, hopefully I can get'em done today.
Sorry to hear that.. Like you said at least you were in the driveway and not the highway.. I hear popping also leaving the driveway and braking while coming to a complete stop.. This is a must fix.. Get the Daizen kit and replace everything.. Don't just replace the Balljoints.. (thats what i did)
Old 11-29-09, 02:52 AM
bonestock5
Driver School Candidate

After replacing the passenger side lower ball joint today I dont have anymore clunking or creaking from the passenger side at all, but I hear a very light clunk sometimes when backing out from the driver side which has me worried about my driver side joint. Definitely going to check that out ASAP. FYI a sign of bad lower ball joint can be outter tire wear which was evident on my passenger side.

Quick Reply: front suspension fixes and facts