Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

front suspension fixes and facts

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-11, 09:02 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Pizdets, I noticed in the pics you posted in another thread, you have Kumho tires. You can't seriously expect to have vibration free ride with those tires. Get a set of michelins.
Old 10-03-11, 10:53 AM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

You're kidding right? These are the most expensive tires Kumho makes, and they come standard on an Audi a8. If you did read the thread you will also note I have good years, federals, and dunlops before these with same results. Its NOT the tires.

Originally Posted by Och
Pizdets, I noticed in the pics you posted in another thread, you have Kumho tires. You can't seriously expect to have vibration free ride with those tires. Get a set of michelins.
Old 10-03-11, 01:48 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by pizdets17
You're kidding right? These are the most expensive tires Kumho makes, and they come standard on an Audi a8. If you did read the thread you will also note I have good years, federals, and dunlops before these with same results. Its NOT the tires.
It doesn't matter if they are the most expensive Kumhos, they are still Kumhos, they are garbage.

You need to get down here to NYC, I'll prove its your wheels/tires
Old 10-03-11, 02:29 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Well I guess that would fix the 10,000 people posting in this forum with vibration issues eh? Go out and buy 18,19,20" Michellins for $400 a tire. Tell you what, Ill do that, then when it doesnt work you can buy them off me for full retail. These issues have been ongoing for 13 years here, and all any of us have to do is buy a different kind of made in china rubber, what a concept!

Originally Posted by Och
It doesn't matter if they are the most expensive Kumhos, they are still Kumhos, they are garbage.

You need to get down here to NYC, I'll prove its your wheels/tires
Old 10-03-11, 04:10 PM
mrzingh
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help!

My goodness,

I replaced the lower ball joints and lower caster arms on my 99 Lexus GS300 about 4 months ago. All parts were purchased new from Sewell Lexus. After parts were installed, I had an alignment performed on the car. Everything was working just fine, and now, only 4 months later, I am getting some loud squeaking noises coming from the front suspension AND my steering wheel is already slightly off center! What is going on with my car? Any ideas guys? PLEASE help
Old 10-03-11, 04:27 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by mrzingh
My goodness,

I replaced the lower ball joints and lower caster arms on my 99 Lexus GS300 about 4 months ago. All parts were purchased new from Sewell Lexus. After parts were installed, I had an alignment performed on the car. Everything was working just fine, and now, only 4 months later, I am getting some loud squeaking noises coming from the front suspension AND my steering wheel is already slightly off center! What is going on with my car? Any ideas guys? PLEASE help
Sounds like bad tie rods.
Old 10-04-11, 01:48 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Well I guess that would fix the 10,000 people posting in this forum with vibration issues eh? Go out and buy 18,19,20" Michellins for $400 a tire. Tell you what, Ill do that, then when it doesnt work you can buy them off me for full retail. These issues have been ongoing for 13 years here, and all any of us have to do is buy a different kind of made in china rubber, what a concept!
i have $400 michelins (sport ps2 all the way around) and ALL new suspsion parts except the UCA's and my motor mounts ARE shot so they the next thing to be replaced BUT i still have a vibration

i have changed EVERYTHING also, im gonna change my UCA when FIGS gets his outs and i have my motor mounts on hand to change already and im gonna try the zip tie around the steering shaft

so as far as OCH's comment even my nice good quality michelins dont help
Old 10-05-11, 02:25 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

doubt its to do with steering shaft as my rear seats shake too so its rear as well as front...
Originally Posted by sakataj
i have $400 michelins (sport ps2 all the way around) and ALL new suspsion parts except the UCA's and my motor mounts ARE shot so they the next thing to be replaced BUT i still have a vibration

i have changed EVERYTHING also, im gonna change my UCA when FIGS gets his outs and i have my motor mounts on hand to change already and im gonna try the zip tie around the steering shaft

so as far as OCH's comment even my nice good quality michelins dont help
Old 10-05-11, 09:57 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

doubt its to do with steering shaft as my rear seats shake too so its rear as well as front...
true but worth a shot....
Old 10-07-11, 06:33 AM
Och
Lexus Champion

its something in the car that keeps throwing wheels out of balance. All 4. After a road force balance it gets almost 90% perfect, but two weeks later here it is again.
Its not something on the car, its the rims and tires. They are probably not being seated on the rim probably (because either rim or the tire is defective), and as you drive, the beads keep changing positions and balance is lost.

I bet if you road force balance them to perfection, drive them and come back two weeks later and put them on the balancer, the balancer will show that they are out of balance again.
Old 10-07-11, 01:36 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

3 sets of rims and tires later...Is there magic rims I can try?

Originally Posted by Och
Its not something on the car, its the rims and tires. They are probably not being seated on the rim probably (because either rim or the tire is defective), and as you drive, the beads keep changing positions and balance is lost.

I bet if you road force balance them to perfection, drive them and come back two weeks later and put them on the balancer, the balancer will show that they are out of balance again.
Old 10-07-11, 04:02 PM
Och
Lexus Champion

3 sets of rims and tires later...Is there magic rims I can try?
When your shakes start, just take the rims and tires to the balancing shop and let them check the balance. I bet it will be all out of whack.

As far as magic rims? You can probably find a set of first gen LS/GS rims, maybe even with tires, for around $100. Very important to go with first gen, because the alloy they used was virtually undestructable (I had a tire blow out and shread into pieces on my old 1st gen GS at 90mph, and the rim didn't sustain any damage). And the edges on these old rims are shaped differently, more like steel rims, so there's less of a chance for tires not to be seated properly.

Start with that. Its a minimal investment, and if your car doesn't shake with those, then you know theres nothing wrong with the car. This is pretty much how I solved shakes on my car after suffering for several years.
Old 10-07-11, 10:29 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

lets say that does work. Do i just drive around with ugly rims forever? Whats to say that a new set of Work's won't do the same as my 3gs, 2gs, and Kaotiks did?

Originally Posted by Och
When your shakes start, just take the rims and tires to the balancing shop and let them check the balance. I bet it will be all out of whack.

As far as magic rims? You can probably find a set of first gen LS/GS rims, maybe even with tires, for around $100. Very important to go with first gen, because the alloy they used was virtually undestructable (I had a tire blow out and shread into pieces on my old 1st gen GS at 90mph, and the rim didn't sustain any damage). And the edges on these old rims are shaped differently, more like steel rims, so there's less of a chance for tires not to be seated properly.

Start with that. Its a minimal investment, and if your car doesn't shake with those, then you know theres nothing wrong with the car. This is pretty much how I solved shakes on my car after suffering for several years.
Old 10-07-11, 10:33 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

and yes they do go out of balance after about 4 weeks. Been through about a dozen rf balances...
Old 10-07-11, 10:46 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 106 Likes on 84 Posts

Damn.. Am I the only one with stock suspension (besides BC Coils), with aftermarket wheels, staggered setup, that doesn't have vibration problem?

Quick Reply: front suspension fixes and facts