Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

front suspension fixes and facts

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-09, 02:48 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

$200 per side thud =..... Any Source for them stateside at that rate? (100)?
Old 11-01-09, 07:15 PM
RUSSOM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sounds like the plan then will be to find some salvage caster arms from an 03-05 car then install with the 00-05 Daizen kit.

Thanks guys I really appreciate your information and efforts.
Old 11-02-09, 07:38 AM
GS4K
Driver

Default 2 Weeks After Control Arm Bushings Install

If anyone cares....Two weeks after I installed the Control Arm Bushings, my vibration at highway speeds has almost went away without me doing anything. Weird! It was pretty noticeable at 65 mph. Funny thing is it got better after I tried to eliminate a bent wheel. I took my spare and slapped it on each side to see if the vibration would go away. Each time the vibration got less and less. After I took the spare off and put the original wheels on the vibration is a lot better! One thing I noticed when I was doing the Bushing install was that the rotor are held on by wheel and the lugnuts. I couldn't believe this, seems pretty generic. I'm starting to think my vibration might have something to do with how much torque I use on the lugnuts!! BTW I used a torque wrench at 85 ft/lbs.

And for the clunking noise I have, the only time I get it is when I'm braking around a turn. If I brake going straight no noise, if I go around a turn with no braking no noise!!
Old 11-03-09, 12:31 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GS4K
If anyone cares....Two weeks after I installed the Control Arm Bushings, my vibration at highway speeds has almost went away without me doing anything. Weird! It was pretty noticeable at 65 mph. Funny thing is it got better after I tried to eliminate a bent wheel. I took my spare and slapped it on each side to see if the vibration would go away. Each time the vibration got less and less. After I took the spare off and put the original wheels on the vibration is a lot better! One thing I noticed when I was doing the Bushing install was that the rotor are held on by wheel and the lugnuts. I couldn't believe this, seems pretty generic. I'm starting to think my vibration might have something to do with how much torque I use on the lugnuts!! BTW I used a torque wrench at 85 ft/lbs.

And for the clunking noise I have, the only time I get it is when I'm braking around a turn. If I brake going straight no noise, if I go around a turn with no braking no noise!!
THanks... I get the clunking noise while braking and turning out of the driveway..

Thanks for sharing your update..
Old 11-03-09, 03:22 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Ok, I need some help here, I ordered this Dazen bushings kit, but Im getting quoted like $1100 to install it ($750 for lower arms and $350 for upper), furthermore half the dealers wont even touch it. I know SKperformance you just installed some of the bushings, the question is exactly which ones and what can I expect to pay for labor on those ones? Also i am a total car noob so if I could see a pic of where (or what for that matter) they are that would be great. I bought the OEM ball joints as well but according to your first post there is no point installing those unless I switch out these bushing as well? Any help would be greatly appreciated and yes I know my knowledge of cars is non-existent but still would like to get this done to get my vibration issues fixed. Thanks again.
Old 11-03-09, 05:31 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

You can replace the balljoints, but if your bushings are shot, your alignment will still be off regardless.

Down here, labor is usually $300-400 for everything.

Just find a shop that can press out the bushings for you and then reinstall the arms yourself.
Old 11-03-09, 07:32 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
You can replace the balljoints, but if your bushings are shot, your alignment will still be off regardless.

Down here, labor is usually $300-400 for everything.

Just find a shop that can press out the bushings for you and then reinstall the arms yourself.
Thats exactly my question which arms and which bushings lol? Is there a pic somewhere? Im totally clueless with this stuff...
Old 11-03-09, 08:08 PM
Red Bully
Lexus Test Driver

so i put in my new uca oem and it made a diffrance if feels less stiff than the dazin bushings but i still have the clunking sound when on some uneven roads. the only bushing iam using out of the dazin kit is the caster arm and that made a huge diffrance the rest iam selling. My question is what do i change next i have the poly steering rack and the sways. i replace the ucas and the balljoints and the outter tie rod ends and the shocks i didnt replace the bump stop in the shocks and the rubber insultor (if it makes a diffrance at all). Should my next step b the replacement of the lower arm?
Old 11-04-09, 06:33 AM
GS4K
Driver

Default Pics

pizdets17,
Most people here would tell you to do a search and you'll find what you need. But I'm feeling nice today. Goto page 4 of this link:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...d-final-4.html
Old 11-04-09, 11:35 PM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this thread has all the pics posted by members of the arms in question and the bushings replaced.

If you are hunting down a noise then get someone with more experiance to help you find it as you need to dynamically stress parts . Just changing parts hoping it is the right ones has no logic .

If you have no shop to do it reasonable find a local performance shop in the yellow pages or try Google . Anyone who sells suspension techniques or energy suspension should have a place who can swap bushings.

Otherwise buy some used arms and get any shop to press them in and then take those arms to be swapped by your mechanic .
Old 11-06-09, 06:27 PM
RUSSOM
Driver

If you have another car, leave yours on jackstands and you could probably just send them to sk. I'm sure he'll put together a price for you on just the R&R of the bushings.
Old 11-09-09, 09:52 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by Red Bully
so i put in my new uca oem and it made a diffrance if feels less stiff than the dazin bushings but i still have the clunking sound when on some uneven roads. the only bushing iam using out of the dazin kit is the caster arm and that made a huge diffrance the rest iam selling. My question is what do i change next i have the poly steering rack and the sways. i replace the ucas and the balljoints and the outter tie rod ends and the shocks i didnt replace the bump stop in the shocks and the rubber insultor (if it makes a diffrance at all). Should my next step b the replacement of the lower arm?
I think you should have replaced all the bushings with the Daizens to make it 1 complete unit..
Old 11-10-09, 02:16 AM
skperformance
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

If you wanted I suppose i could get it done here for you but it shouldn't be hard to find locally.
Old 11-16-09, 02:47 PM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
As for the chassis, in Japan, everyone calls the GS like...
98-00 = zenki
00-03 = chuki
03-05 = kouki
b/c things changed majorly in those years. I didn't research much about ball joints so I can't say anything for sure.

As for the tension rod, I was afraid that since I got information from researching sites from Japan and calling up Netz and TRD in Japan that it might not fit, but 03-05 arm is a direct bolt on to a 98-00 chassis, my GS is a proven fact that it'll even work on USDM GSs.

Beefier arm and bigger bushings from what I can see. From what I researched, these bushings are stiffer than 98-00 OEM and have TRD equivalent bushings. The TRD site even says that 03-05 has TRD equivalent bushing or something like that. Parts number match from the Japanese sites I looked at. HOWEVER, listen up Lexus, you're a ****ing rip off. Lower arm no2 are sold in Japan for 50bucks per side. In the States? 200 per side. What a bunch of horse****, seriously.

No idea about the material and durability. It's hard to compare since most people wear the **** out of these bushings and then change them to a newer arm in Japan.... but, from that torn bushings, I think it gets A LOT of stress, especially if slammed. Converting it to a heim joint may not be a bad idea if you want to super slammed and drive a lot.

yes. lower arm no2 in toyota speak. I think usually referred to as a tension rod.

Hope that helps. I'm here help out but don't expect me to be a black box that'll spit out information that you want (meaning don't send me a PM asking me some stupid *****).

So how and where did you get these arms? directly from Japan? I need mine fixed quick, like within 1-2 weeks, I've ordered from Daisen over 2 weeks ago without anything... if I get these arms, I could do it myself quickly before I drive the 1200+mile trip again...
Old 11-16-09, 06:45 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Solo_D33A
So how and where did you get these arms? directly from Japan? I need mine fixed quick, like within 1-2 weeks, I've ordered from Daisen over 2 weeks ago without anything... if I get these arms, I could do it myself quickly before I drive the 1200+mile trip again...
McGrath Lexus in Chicago, I coughed up the cash but it was worth it. They didn't have it in stock but I got it in like 1-2 days.

Quick Reply: front suspension fixes and facts