Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Best high performance suspension for GS

Search this Thread

Old 11-01-09, 02:45 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think there might be a set of Moton's or ATS's? Too bad no KW's
Old 11-02-09, 08:35 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by LexGS
I ordered the two rear coilovers to replace the Bilstein PSS Crap... I got the shocks within 5 days. Today I had them installed. WOW what a difference! The installer actually had to turn the locking rings up about 1/4 inch to get the top of my wheelwell 26 inches from the ground, the way it was with the Blistein's, pretty cool. The control **** is at the half way mark (so I guess it is at 15, since it goes from 1 to 30) before they installed them. The rear feels tight, real tight, love it. Over bumps it tracks nice and feel tight! Over dips the rear doesn't move. The actual coilovers look GREAT, very strong and nicely made. Once my Bilstein goes in the front, out they go and BC Racing is going in! No more Bilstein for my Lex! So far very happy, let us see how long they last... Mike from BC Racing really did good by me, so thumbs up

253LEXX did you get the colivoers yet, have you installed them, what is your first impression, having all four...

Thanks

LexGS
Cool, glad you got what you needed. Let us know if you have any more questions on your suspension setup
Old 11-04-09, 01:28 PM
4ntvings
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

hks hipermax RS or LS or LS+, imho, > tein
Old 11-04-09, 08:50 PM
253LEXX
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Sorry for not replying sooner but I've been working on everyone elses cars instead of mine! I had been told it would take up to two weeks for the coilovers to ship to me and at the end of two weeks I was wondering why I hadn't recieved any shipping info yet. I was going to email Circuit that day when my UPS guy came to my door with them and commented that it must have cost a ton to overnight the package from Taiwan! I was happy to say the least. They look great, quality would appear to be equal to or better than my Teins. I installed the fronts with no adjustment to the height and they were a couple inches higher than I would have liked so I dropped them all the way. They are still about a half inch higher than I'd like so I'm going to drop the spring perch to make up the difference when I get a chance. I lowered the rear height adjustment about an inch from how they were figuring they might be set too high like the fronts. Uh, wow they get low in the rear! The tire was tucked about an inch into the fender well! I was very pleased with the extreme adjustability of the rears. After raising them so the tire is just flush with the fender lip I took it for a test drive. I am very happy with the 12k/10k setup, definitely better damped than the Teins and not too much harsher, but handles sooo much flatter, and feels way more secure on the road. Up to 100 mph they felt great, and they are only on 8 of 30 right now I believe. I had to leave town the day after I installed them so I haven't had more time to play with them yet but I'll get beck next week and let you guys know about the various damping settings and how they affect ride. So far I am very pleased with my purchase!
Old 11-07-09, 08:48 AM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Congrats on the purchase. It sounds like you are enjoying them.

Out of curiosity, do you have sways on the car? You mentioned new suspension components but said nothing about additional bracing. If flat handling was important, sway bars would have helped greatly.
Old 11-08-09, 01:11 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Glad we got these to you in time Lexx, sorry for the slight delay.

Very happy to hear you are enjoying them so much!