Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Debate: Stance LX+, Stance GR+, Megan LP, JIC Coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-09, 12:17 AM
Calviin
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Debate: Stance LX+, Stance GR+, Megan LP, JIC Coilovers

Which of these would go the lowest, and will go the stiffest or ride where it's stiff so there's no rub?

Inputs please.
Old 10-06-09, 12:31 AM
johnnyboy
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

i didn't even know stance made coilovers for our cars

calvin.. give me 2 months and im gona sell my zeal coilovers

they probably go the lowest out of all the coilovers.. i have like 50 coils left on mine lol
Old 10-06-09, 12:43 AM
Calviin
Lexus Test Driver

2 months?! I'm trying to sell my bags or trade them for some coils and money on top! My friend was going to sell me his zeals but he's taking forever to remove them, so I'll just go my own way, cause I need it asap! And yeah he told me that the zeals have a lot of DROP. So sell it to me now! And Stance ? I think it's new, jsut went on their site, 350Z rep them a lot!
Old 10-06-09, 06:13 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

selling the bags already?

I suggest you look into BC Racing. You can go as low as Megans (its basically the same design as megans but with a few highlights).

1. height - you can go lower then you will realistically set the car at, trust me! I'm already slammed and I can still go another 2-3 inches lower. They go crazy low.
2. stiffness - you can pick what spring rates you want. I'm at 10k/8k. If you want super super stiff I would go 14K/12K. Your car won't move, lol! The nice thing is BC Racing lets you pick your spring rates. I know Megan doesn't... not sure if the other companies listed allow you either, probably not. BC Racing does though so your SURE to get super stiff... Tell them how stiff and they will do it.
3. rubber mounts - megan only offers pillowball (metal mounts) which will add noise inside the cabin
4. price - its in the $1K price range.
Old 10-06-09, 06:17 AM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Stance makes coilovers for the 2IS? Ive had the GR+ on my 2GS, they slam and they are a little more stiff than tein cs but still give a great ride.
Old 10-06-09, 06:51 AM
jpsilvia
Rookie

Stance will go VERY low. if you want to go low and maintain "stock like" dampning, and being able to stiffen it up. go with the LX+.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-is-250-a.html

The GR's are going to be more aggressive. i think they use spherical bearings (pillow ball) mounts, where-as the LX+ uses rubber= less noise.
Old 10-06-09, 07:24 AM
Wierdazndu
Lexus Test Driver

damn calvin, i was gonna sell my bags and get coils too. I was thinking of getting buddy clubs though.

Stole these pics from AM1

Old 10-06-09, 08:20 AM
iSuxeL
Lexus Fanatic

Damn both of you selling your bags already? What's the deal?
Old 10-06-09, 08:50 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

over them or what. i wanna get bags later on. are there cons to run them?
Old 10-06-09, 09:30 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

As mdgrwl said, you should look into the BCR's over what you have listed here.

They will provide a seriously low drop, they are dual height adjustable so you wont lose travel no matter how low you go, and they will provide a nice ride as well.

We can get you setup with whatever spring rate you want, if you want super stiff, we can do it
Old 10-06-09, 09:51 AM
Calviin
Lexus Test Driver

I am getting rid of the bags because I am bored of it and bored of pressing the buttons! And I just wanna go back to my original look... I don't wanna be tucked.. That's why. So far I have BCR will slam me! haha And I need something that will extra slam while the stiffness will create less rubbing because I'm gonna run a very aggressive wheel offset.. So a little more input please!
Old 10-06-09, 10:10 AM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

add more preload to the spring(compress the springs). lower the shock body a little. that should add to the stiffness.
Old 10-06-09, 10:18 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Calviin
I am getting rid of the bags because I am bored of it and bored of pressing the buttons! And I just wanna go back to my original look... I don't wanna be tucked.. That's why. So far I have BCR will slam me! haha And I need something that will extra slam while the stiffness will create less rubbing because I'm gonna run a very aggressive wheel offset.. So a little more input please!
I'm telling you bro, BCR's will give you that 'extra slam' your refering too. If I bottomed out the BCR coilovers I wouldn't be able to drive my car around at all... it wouldn't move as the tires would be so far up into the wheel well they would be in contact with the fenders. You cannot go lower then BCR coilovers.

As far as stiffness, get them with however stiff spring rates you want. They come standard with 10K/8K... but like I said before, you can make the springs hard as a rock of you like... go all the way up to 16K/14K if you like, then set your dampening to full stiff and I doubt your car will even budge with a full 5 people in it...

BCR = as low as you want and as stiff as you want... don't know what else to tell you man...
Old 10-06-09, 06:48 PM
nmpeter
Pole Position

Damn getting rid of bags? By the time I get mine ill probably be the only one! Lol GL with this Calvin.
Old 10-06-09, 08:35 PM
Calviin
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks mdgrwl, but I would like to see it to believe it!
Anyone interested in UAS with the stock struts?
Still on the Debate/Decision!

Quick Reply: Debate: Stance LX+, Stance GR+, Megan LP, JIC Coilovers