Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

New member, Dumped on stock 16's w/ Megan Coilovers. (PICS)

Search this Thread

Old 10-07-09 | 05:54 PM
shoeshine
Driver

welcome. how u liking the megan lp's so far? just swapped out my df210's in favor of the megan coilovers week and a half ago. i'm still messin with the dampening but lovin em so for. great coilovers for the money. anywhats, welcome again and happy modding
Old 10-07-09 | 06:27 PM
amkread
Rookie

car looks great bro! good luck with its future

p.s.
is it just me or........
why does it look like you have the rear struts' adjustable lower mount installed on the front and vise versa??? are the megans just made like that because that'd be very wierd.. i'd check up on thatif i were you bro

[/QUOTE]
Old 10-07-09 | 06:49 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by shoeshine
welcome. how u liking the megan lp's so far? just swapped out my df210's in favor of the megan coilovers week and a half ago. i'm still messin with the dampening but lovin em so for. great coilovers for the money. anywhats, welcome again and happy modding
Loving them. I had no idea it was gonna ride so well. I was assuming a slightly harsher ride. But it is truely a smooth ride, no bouncing, no bottoming.. I had the rears set on 22 at first thinking the rear was quite a bit lighter but it was a little to soft and going over multiple quick bumps it didn't seem to rebound fast enough for the next bump. So I bumped them up to 20 then 18 and haven't tried any higher as it really seemed to respond well so far at 18..

I did find that the damper **** changes don't seem to take right away, it took a bit of driving around for the new settings to become aparent. I'm not sure how it works but I assuming either shocks are still breaking in, or it just takes time the fluid to cycle thru the valving completely.

Last edited by 99 GS3; 10-07-09 at 07:08 PM.
Old 10-07-09 | 06:52 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by amkread
car looks great bro! good luck with its future

p.s.
is it just me or........
why does it look like you have the rear struts' adjustable lower mount installed on the front and vise versa??? are the megans just made like that because that'd be very wierd.. i'd check up on thatif i were you bro
[/QUOTE]

I guess that is just how they are made?

Those pics are just how I pulled them out of the box. I double checked all the instructions before the install and that's what they show?

Old 10-07-09 | 06:56 PM
shoeshine
Driver

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Loving them. I had no idea it was gonna ride so well. I was assuming a slightly harsher ride. But it is truely a smooth ride, no bouncing, no bottoming.. I had the rears set on 10 at first thinking the rear was quite a bit lighter but it was a little to soft and going over multiple quick bumps it didn't seem to rebound fast enough for the next bump. So I bumped them up to 14 then 18 and haven't tried any higher as it really seemed to respond well so far at 18..

I did find that the damper **** changes don't seem to take right away, it took a bit of driving around for the new settings to become aparent. I'm not sure how it works but I assuming either shocks are still breaking in, or it just takes time the fluid to cycle thru the valving completely.
yea 18 all around so far seems to be the best so far. i've went as soft as 21 but it was a lil too soft for my taste
Old 10-14-09 | 12:21 PM
AsGs300
Instructor

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
It's funny how the plain ol' stockers look so much better once you drop it!

I had initially wanted 19's, but I like ridin' low more than I like huge wheels so I'm starting to think going 18's to get a little more meat on the tire and still keep it slammed without turning problems. And to save some money to put in to going turbo.

If I go 19's I really like the axis hiro's. If I go 18's it will be some sort of silver flat/flush 5 spoke sporty wheel.
gotta say , some nice picks you got! oh and TURBO FTW
Old 10-15-09 | 08:49 PM
Nosferatu2
Driver

hey can you do me a favor and measure the distance for me . really like your drop

Old 10-16-09 | 11:07 AM
Blk96Supra
Lead Lap

Welcome to CL. Just like you i also just picked up my first Lexus. And if i didnt know any better i swear we picked up the same car. Except yours has that nice blacked out front grill. (If your ever intersted in a chrome one, let me know. I want one all black)

I just picked up a 98 with 81K miles thats on stock 16s and slammed. Looks almost exactly like yours. Congrats on the pick up.
Old 10-16-09 | 07:29 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Blk96Supra
Welcome to CL. Just like you i also just picked up my first Lexus. And if i didnt know any better i swear we picked up the same car. Except yours has that nice blacked out front grill. (If your ever intersted in a chrome one, let me know. I want one all black)

I just picked up a 98 with 81K miles thats on stock 16s and slammed. Looks almost exactly like yours. Congrats on the pick up.

You bought the one with the chrome 16's and the polished intake right? That was a clean car, I would have bought that at that price also if I was on the west coast.

Thanks, I painted the grille the second day I had the car, while I was waiting for the coilovers to arrive I had to mod something in the meantime. I'm gonna tint the windows 20% in a few days, then they really will be quite similar.
Old 10-16-09 | 07:37 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Nosferatu2
hey can you do me a favor and measure the distance for me . really like your drop

Thanks, the center of arch on the front fender to the ground is 23" exactly and the rear is 23.5". That is also where I measured all around when setting the coilover height and it was measured in the garage with a decently level floor.
Old 10-16-09 | 07:43 PM
dxb_8788
Pole Position

welcome to cl your car is super clean and nice drop on 16" i didnt imagine it will look nice on stock till i saw the pics keep modding

Last edited by dxb_8788; 10-16-09 at 07:52 PM.
Old 10-16-09 | 07:48 PM
Sceptre
Intermediate

Looks good. Black on black I'm liking the black grill too. You may want to look into getting camber kits.
Old 10-16-09 | 08:15 PM
TxLexus400
Lead Lap

the drop looks real good and so does your car, super good condition. im dropped on megan springs with bilstein shocks, it rides good just a little stiff but not boaty like stock.
Old 10-16-09 | 09:06 PM
LEXUS_KID
Lexus Champion

WELCOME 99 GS3
Old 10-16-09 | 09:49 PM
tonysgs300
Lead Lap

WOW you could eat a steak off that car! anywhere on that car. That thing is UBER clean! Great pick up my friend

Quick Reply: New member, Dumped on stock 16's w/ Megan Coilovers. (PICS)