Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

NEW TSB: Noise with F-sport Springs!! Released 10-14-09

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-09, 01:07 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Sounds like you were dealing with 2 lame SA's. Glad you finally got it worked out.
yea the advisors were wack but thanks to CL got the info i needed to put them in there place..
Old 11-25-09, 11:53 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

got my car back today and no more clunk noise and the dealership didn't even ask me for proof of purchase thanks again to CL for providing that TSB #...
Old 11-26-09, 02:32 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Has anyone had any luck taking it to a dealer that did not do the original install or sell the springs? My local dealer keeps refusing to do the swap, stating it has to go to the dealer that sold me the springs (an hour away).
Old 11-27-09, 09:14 AM
Enginerd
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 600rr05
got my car back today and no more clunk noise and the dealership didn't even ask me for proof of purchase thanks again to CL for providing that TSB #...
Hey, saw you were in SD, which dealer did you take it to? I've always had a hard time at Kearny Mesa for just about anything, but El Cajon seems to have better service. I need to have this fixed as well so just curious who took care of it for you.

Thanks
Old 11-29-09, 09:33 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Enginerd
Hey, saw you were in SD, which dealer did you take it to? I've always had a hard time at Kearny Mesa for just about anything, but El Cajon seems to have better service. I need to have this fixed as well so just curious who took care of it for you.

Thanks
I took mine to Kearny Mesa Lexus if you go there just make sure to print out the TSB # if you need it send me a PM i got the PDF file from another forum member....

**** hit the 1,000 Post ****
Old 11-30-09, 09:25 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Has anyone had any luck taking it to a dealer that did not do the original install or sell the springs? My local dealer keeps refusing to do the swap, stating it has to go to the dealer that sold me the springs (an hour away).
Interesting, I hope this is not the dealer you bought the car from. If so, end of return business.
Old 11-30-09, 09:58 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Interesting, I hope this is not the dealer you bought the car from. If so, end of return business.
Actually, it's my local dealer refusing to do the work. But I did not buy the car from them. The dealer I bought it from is an hour away and they also happen to be the ones who I bought the springs from too.
I have some more phone calls to make. I don't want to do the drive! =)
Old 12-01-09, 09:01 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

I also have the same clunk noice problems even with the spring silencer but didn't install mine at the dealer tho. Which dealer will you guys recomend to go for TSB? i have two place in mind right now, it's either go to longo lexus or newport lexus.
Old 12-02-09, 01:39 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MKsky
I also have the same clunk noice problems even with the spring silencer but didn't install mine at the dealer tho. Which dealer will you guys recomend to go for TSB? i have two place in mind right now, it's either go to longo lexus or newport lexus.
The official statement I got from Lexus was I have to take car in to dealer who sold me the springs. This was right when the whole thing broke public, so maybe it's more laxed now. I'm about to call my local dealer which I did not buy the springs from and see if they will reconsider doing the work. When I first inquired about the TSB, they didn't even know what I was talking about. I am sure the two dealers you listed are qualified and aware of the bad springs by now.
Old 12-03-09, 05:52 PM
cjlazar84
Pole Position

I used to work in the auto industry in SD. take it to el cajon. I have delt with them many times in the past when i had my is300. never a problem.

I take my baby in tomorrow to get her work done. Cant wait to get her back.

Lazar
Old 12-04-09, 02:06 AM
SilvaIS350
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

I had the tsb done at Westminister Lexus when i got the car back the rear sits a little higher then before and the SA told me that it will settle in a few days. Is that true? Also when i looked at the spring the spring # says 53090 is that the wrong spring souldn't it be 53091? my car is 07 is350 did they use the wrong spring on my car?
Old 12-04-09, 09:36 PM
Weapon F

Received 250 Likes on 136 Posts

Had mine done 4 weeks ago not only is coil slap noise gone, the car rides smooth, nice and firm but not to harsh way better than before it feels like they change spring rate. Also when they removed my right side spring they saw my shock was leaking it was blown, they order new one and replaced it for free.

Very happy with F-Sports now Lexus stepped up on this one and redesigned this product in typical Lexus manner with a high quality fix. They"ve been aware of problem since release of F-Sport spring so it took them about year to fix it but they did great job.

When I had mine springs installed my dealership, Lexus of Greenwich went as far as to have regional tech manager check my car it was the first F-sport spring they had installed and were not aware of this problem. After having my car week we put Tein sleeves on them to mask the noise but this was just quick fix. Lexus informed me that they were working on fix and would inform me when it was ready.

Well 6 weeks ago when I brought my car in for its 10k oil change the service manager pulls me over to side and told me that TSB came out for springs and he was ordering a replacement set and that it would take two weeks for them to come in. I have great dealership they never gave me hard time,they followed up with me, my service manager even called me twice to check of status of springs. He even installed my CAI for free because of issue I had with springs. How many dealerships do anything for free.

Loving the new springs I would advise anyone with F-Sports Springs go in and tell your local dealer that your here noise even if they can't duplicate noise they have to fix the problem due to TSB out on springs especially since one of my shocks was blown I would definitely get this done. As longer as you had your dealer install them it should be 100% free.
Old 12-09-09, 10:14 AM
SilvaIS350
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by davcrz5
Had mine done 4 weeks ago not only is coil slap noise gone, the car rides smooth, nice and firm but not to harsh way better than before it feels like they change spring rate. Also when they removed my right side spring they saw my shock was leaking it was blown, they order new one and replaced it for free.

Very happy with F-Sports now Lexus stepped up on this one and redesigned this product in typical Lexus manner with a high quality fix. They"ve been aware of problem since release of F-Sport spring so it took them about year to fix it but they did great job.

When I had mine springs installed my dealership, Lexus of Greenwich went as far as to have regional tech manager check my car it was the first F-sport spring they had installed and were not aware of this problem. After having my car week we put Tein sleeves on them to mask the noise but this was just quick fix. Lexus informed me that they were working on fix and would inform me when it was ready.

Well 6 weeks ago when I brought my car in for its 10k oil change the service manager pulls me over to side and told me that TSB came out for springs and he was ordering a replacement set and that it would take two weeks for them to come in. I have great dealership they never gave me hard time,they followed up with me, my service manager even called me twice to check of status of springs. He even installed my CAI for free because of issue I had with springs. How many dealerships do anything for free.

Loving the new springs I would advise anyone with F-Sports Springs go in and tell your local dealer that your here noise even if they can't duplicate noise they have to fix the problem due to TSB out on springs especially since one of my shocks was blown I would definitely get this done. As longer as you had your dealer install them it should be 100% free.
Is ur height the same or does it sit a little a higher then before?
Old 12-09-09, 11:06 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

any canadians here manage to get their replaced ?
or anyone that bought from sewell managed to get a replacement from them ?
Old 12-10-09, 12:30 PM
600rr05
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by SilvaIS350
Is ur height the same or does it sit a little a higher then before?
mine sits a bit higher then before also but it will settle in more give it time.

Quick Reply: NEW TSB: Noise with F-sport Springs!! Released 10-14-09