Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

NEW TSB: Noise with F-sport Springs!! Released 10-14-09

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-09, 01:00 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,966 Likes on 2,402 Posts

Originally Posted by 600rr05
mine sits a bit higher then before also but it will settle in more give it time.
Really? The springs are so soft they're going to sag that quickly?

How about doing the install right and setting the bushings to a neutral position at normal ride height. Then you won't be breaking down the bushings as your springs "settle". BTW, springs don't settle - the bushings fatigue and break down giving the impression of settling.
Old 12-11-09, 11:33 AM
SilvaIS350
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
Really? The springs are so soft they're going to sag that quickly?

How about doing the install right and setting the bushings to a neutral position at normal ride height. Then you won't be breaking down the bushings as your springs "settle". BTW, springs don't settle - the bushings fatigue and break down giving the impression of settling.
I had it done at westminister lexus did they install my f sport wrong cause it sits a little higher then before?
Old 12-12-09, 03:16 AM
SilvaIS350
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Anybody have a picture with old f sport rear springs and the new f sport springs? R they indentical?
Old 12-14-09, 04:54 PM
vtrusty
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

do any of you get the vibration issue with the fsports?
Old 12-15-09, 09:28 AM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by vtrusty
do any of you get the vibration issue with the fsports?
occasionally, but only at a stop when the car is in drive. and i mostly just feel it in the brake pedal, so it's not like the whole cabin is vibrating or something. also the vibration isn't that strong (at least not to the point of bothering me), but i guess that's subjective.

edit: fyi my car is AWD.

Last edited by raptor22; 12-15-09 at 09:39 AM.
Old 12-15-09, 09:36 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by raptor22
occasionally, but only at a stop when the car is in drive. and i mostly just feel it in the brake pedal, so it's not like the whole cabin is vibrating or something. also the vibration isn't that strong (at least not to the point of bothering me), but i guess that's subjective.
Is your car AWD?
Old 12-15-09, 09:38 AM
raptor22
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IS-SV
Is your car AWD?
oops yes. sorry. forgot to mention. will edit my previous post to point that out.
Old 12-16-09, 03:38 PM
smokeygee
Driver School Candidate

The dealership that I dealt with has been extremely courteous and professional when I requested to have the F-Sport springs replaced, they did not even request a copy of the TSIB nor did they verify if I had the original springs installed by them even though I had a third party mechanic install my original set. They even took it one step further by replacing my right rear strut under warranty due to a leak! As a matter of fact, I also had them replace the front brake pads and rearview mirror per TSIB's...again no compliants on their behalf.

As for the results of the replacement, I too noticed that the new springs sits approximately 1/8" higher than the original. I would rather have it this way and not deal with the clunking noise. Kudos to my dealership (Larry H. Miller Lexus, UTAH).
Old 12-16-09, 03:50 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Smokeygee - Sounds like a very good dealer experience.

"Approximately 1/8 inch" is virtually nothing, not verifiable, not an issue, can't even be certain the surface the car is parked on is that flat.
Old 12-16-09, 05:27 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

whats with all these IS taking off their F-sport springs and realizing their shocks are leaking ...

i thought they were suppose to be compatible
Old 12-16-09, 05:31 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by panda327
whats with all these IS taking off their F-sport springs and realizing their shocks are leaking ...

i thought they were suppose to be compatible
The leaking shocks have happened with and without F-Sport springs, still a rare incident either way.
Old 12-16-09, 08:04 PM
cjlazar84
Pole Position

Had them do the whole TSB recall and the new springs feel way different. A lot better in my opinion. More stiff, they do feel a little hoppy but im sure once they get some where and tear things will go to norm.
Old 12-17-09, 08:04 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

I took my car in today for inspection and they did noticed the clunk noise that i claimed but the they told me they can't do the recall unless i provided the recipe(I dont' have it) where i brought my spring from which totally wasted my 4 hours at the longo lexus today... what should i do next?
Old 12-17-09, 11:04 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by MKsky
I took my car in today for inspection and they did noticed the clunk noise that i claimed but the they told me they can't do the recall unless i provided the recipe(I dont' have it) where i brought my spring from which totally wasted my 4 hours at the longo lexus today... what should i do next?
That's been the issue I've been writing about since the TSB came out. My dealer says the same thing. But they at least made that clear to me before I signed up for any repairs. Did you mention to them before they started the work that you didn't have them do the install?
Old 12-17-09, 11:20 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

Same here, They told me to provide recipe before they order and repair my car, That's why i have spended 4 hours today at the delar ship and didn't get anything done...

Quick Reply: NEW TSB: Noise with F-sport Springs!! Released 10-14-09