Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

NEW TSB: Noise with F-sport Springs!! Released 10-14-09

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-09, 03:33 AM
SilvaIS350
Advanced

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

Try going to Westminister Lexus and ask for Richard Service consultant
Old 12-19-09, 09:28 PM
MKsky
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You sure they won't ask for receipe or something... cause westminister is kinda far from my house tho.... but if they will replace it without any question... i'll drive down no doubt.
Old 12-20-09, 01:02 AM
Little E
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Mine made a little noise at first (even with the silencers), but after awhile the noise went away; I don't hear any noise now. I'm not too anxious to have this tsb done on my springs because I don't trust the dealership removing and/or touching my wheels.
Old 12-26-09, 04:54 PM
Floorance
Rookie

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

I just got denied the service to change my springs here at Longo Longo lexus. They said I had to of had it installed by a Lexus dealership (Tommy @ Musicbox did the install ). They see the tsb and acknowledge the noise , even though I have the reciept ( I purchased from Westminster Lexus) They are just giving me the runaround. This right after my 15 k service I'm not thrilled with this at all
Old 12-26-09, 09:52 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Received 167 Likes on 99 Posts

Originally Posted by Floorance
I just got denied the service to change my springs here at Longo Longo lexus. They said I had to of had it installed by a Lexus dealership (Tommy @ Musicbox did the install ). They see the tsb and acknowledge the noise , even though I have the reciept ( I purchased from Westminster Lexus) They are just giving me the runaround. This right after my 15 k service I'm not thrilled with this at all
Seems to be very hit and miss with this issue and varies by dealership. As some have mentioned, Westminster seems to be one of the few that will do the work even if it wasn't originally installed by a dealership. Talk to "Richard" in service.
Old 01-01-10, 02:08 AM
Mr2KiEu
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i just got the F Sport springs as a birthday present and it has the OLD part number. gonna see if i can swap them out for the NEW part number before i install them. i'm surprised the dealer still had the old part number springs in stock for sale.
Old 01-01-10, 12:06 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr2KiEu
i just got the F Sport springs as a birthday present and it has the OLD part number. gonna see if i can swap them out for the NEW part number before i install them. i'm surprised the dealer still had the old part number springs in stock for sale.
I'm not surprised. This problem could have been greatly reduced if that old inventory was purged months ago.
Old 01-01-10, 02:24 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Mr2KiEu
I was in the same boat. After waiting a year to go for it, I ordered and installed mine three weeks before the TSB surfaced. What's that about Murphy's Law?
Old 01-04-10, 08:34 AM
Sewell
Parts Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We've had MORE than our fair share of phone calls regarding the TSiB (Technical Support Information Bulletin) regarding the clicking noise from the rear of those IS models equipped with the F-Sport springs.

There was at one time a 'field fix' to resolve the clicking noise and that involved a coil insulator. I believe someone referred to the TEIN sleeves. Lexus however used the sleeves from another model in the attempt to fix the clicking noise. For whatever happened with this, Lexus later came out with the TSiB that was posted on the first page - see post #6, page 1. Here it is again if needed:

F-Sport Rear Coil Spring Click Noise

PTR07-53080 - The original part number on the F-Sport Spring Set
PTR07-53090 – The newer, superseded part number including the two rear spring revisions. (newer part number became available early November)
PTR07-53091 - TSiB spring part number. VERY LIMITED availability and includes just 2 rear springs (not the complete set of 4)

If I ordered every new revised spring part number available in the country, I would have enough to cover just over 20% of all those customers who purchased the F-Sport Springs from us since the F-Sport springs were made available in March 2008. I am hoping that for what everyone commenting on their own IS, the clicking noise will be isolated to just a very few number of cases. Only in the case in which a Condition (concern or complaint) is created at a Lexus dealership, can a Dealership attempt to implement or execute a TSiB.

Like all warranty concerns, a receipt or proof of purchase is needed to establish the beginning of the warranty time period. If your parts were purchased over-the-counter, then the original receipt or purchase history would be kept at the purchasing store. Over-the-counter parts purchases are unfortunately not updated in the Lexus National Service History database. FYI - we keep excellent records.

Darrel

Last edited by Sewell; 02-20-10 at 02:38 PM.
Old 01-16-10, 03:51 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Just got the springs TSIB done and Now it's a suspension upgrade. Before the old rear springs were soft and the coils were crunch together (also making my rear much lower than the front), my suspension was not that good at all even with the F-Sport sway. Now I can actually feel a difference and much stiffer too.

I would highly recommend to do the TSIB if you have the old part #.
Old 01-16-10, 04:10 PM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Lexus-Parts
We've had MORE than our fair share of phone calls regarding the TSiB (Technical Support Information Bulletin) regarding the clicking noise from the rear of those IS models equipped with the F-Sport springs.

There was at one time a 'field fix' to resolve the clicking noise and that involved a coil insulator. I believe someone referred to the TEIN sleeves. Lexus however used the sleeves from another model in the attempt to fix the clicking noise. For whatever happened with this, Lexus later came out with the TSiB that was posted on the first page - see post #6, page 1. Here it is again if needed:

F-Sport Rear Coil Spring Click Noise

PTR07-53080 - The original part number on the F-Sport Spring Set
PTR07-53090 – The newer, superseded part number including the two rear spring revisions. (newer part number became available early November)
PTR07-53091 - TSiB spring part number. VERY LIMITED availability and includes just 2 rear springs (not the complete set of 4)

If I ordered every new revised spring part number available in the country, I would have enough to cover just over 20% of all those customers who purchased the F-Sport Springs from us since the F-Sport springs were made available in March 2008. I am hoping that for what everyone commenting on their own IS, the clicking noise will be isolated to just a very few number of cases. Only in the case in which a Condition (concern or complaint) is created at a Lexus dealership, can a Dealership attempt to implement or execute a TSiB.

Like all warranty concerns, a receipt or proof of purchase is needed to establish the beginning of the warranty time period. If your parts were purchased over-the-counter, then the original receipt or purchase history would be kept at the purchasing store. Over-the-counter parts purchases are unfortunately not updated in the Lexus National Service History database. FYI - we keep excellent records.

Darrel
Hi I'm canadian and i bought the F sport springs from you
how would I go about requesting a TSIB?

thanks
Old 01-17-10, 12:49 AM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by loftus112
Just got the springs TSIB done and Now it's a suspension upgrade. Before the old rear springs were soft and the coils were crunch together (also making my rear much lower than the front), my suspension was not that good at all even with the F-Sport sway. Now I can actually feel a difference and much stiffer too.

I would highly recommend to do the TSIB if you have the old part #.
Not so sure I'd recommend the new springs. I just had my bad springs replaced with the new revised springs and the ride is significantly choppier and bumpier. I hope I get used to this or they soften up a bit. As of now, I am wondering what kind of mess I just got myself into. At least the clunking is now gone. TBC
Old 01-17-10, 11:10 AM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Fizzboy7
Not so sure I'd recommend the new springs. I just had my bad springs replaced with the new revised springs and the ride is significantly choppier and bumpier. I hope I get used to this or they soften up a bit. As of now, I am wondering what kind of mess I just got myself into. At least the clunking is now gone. TBC
Don't know about that cause there is more than two people on here says it's great that's why I went to get mines done. Even my SA told me the new springs are better. Turn out to be true.
Old 01-17-10, 03:00 PM
Fizzboy7
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by loftus112
Don't know about that cause there is more than two people on here says it's great that's why I went to get mines done. Even my SA told me the new springs are better. Turn out to be true.
Are they saying it's great because it's quieter and corners better? I agree with that. But it also rides a lot rougher. Or at least mine do. Ride was a key concern for me when I embarked on the original springs.
Old 01-17-10, 03:04 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

^

I have the new springs installed and my ride isnt rough at all. Just keep em for no then save and get coils

Quick Reply: NEW TSB: Noise with F-sport Springs!! Released 10-14-09