Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Installed Front & Rear RCA, did wheel alignment...here is the result

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-09, 01:13 AM
gapxguy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which Firestone is this?
Old 11-20-09, 07:55 AM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
The camber in the rear is fixed and can't be adjusted on the alignment rack. The only way to change the camber angles is with inserts.

What are inserts and where can I get some?!
Old 11-20-09, 09:32 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

GS300ToM : i'm on 17 stock now...will post pic when I have decent pics

gapxguy : the one in buena park...

how to fix the rear right toe then ? go back to firestone again ??
Old 11-20-09, 08:22 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

if ur toe is maxed out there no more adjusting...
Old 11-20-09, 10:22 PM
NemeGuero
Lexus Test Driver

unless you go with adjustable toe links..
Old 01-20-10, 11:26 AM
kennylexsc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just my alignment today at sears, I did not see alot of improvement, steering wheel is straight but car still pulls to the left, this is before alignment and the same after alignment, techician says have to go to body to readjust or fix caster because they manufacturer won't do front caster,
any opininons anyone on wheel alignment?
Old 01-20-10, 01:35 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

caster... check your bushings upper lower #2 as well.. tires low on psi
Old 05-04-10, 11:01 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

alright just installed pair of yokohama advan sport for front (thanks to Dean) and got alignment right away.

the rear is pretty much maxed out and my car height is (crappy cellphone pic ) :

question : my front is 19x8 (+38) using 235/35/19, the inner side of front tires were badly rubbing with something (i don't know what it is yet) when i hit uneven road, will put a spacer give more clearance in that inner area ? i'll take a picture of my old front tires, the inner was bad....some of the white wires were out.

Last edited by masboy; 05-04-10 at 11:05 PM.
Old 05-05-10, 12:38 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Your front tires are wearing inside because of too much cross toe with that kind of camber. Normally you don't see camber wear until you've hit about -2.5 degrees, and you're slightly over that. With that kind of camber angle, I would have zero'ed out the toe if you really care about tire wear. Straight line tracking may be not be as good as before, but nothing unbearable.

As for the rear toe, you need to get the rear passenger side checked out. It could possibly be the rear toe link gone bad or the adjusting cam is not seated the way it should be (something that happened to my rear driver side). Rear camber looks fantastic though.
Old 05-05-10, 10:17 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
As for the rear toe, you need to get the rear passenger side checked out. It could possibly be the rear toe link gone bad or the adjusting cam is not seated the way it should be (something that happened to my rear driver side). Rear camber looks fantastic though.
dang it...seems like i better do this soon before go worse. thanks Henry!
Old 05-05-10, 10:52 AM
RMMGS4
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Your total rear toe is -.75. That's eventually going to chew up the inside of your tires. Get adjustable toe arms ASAP. You need to get that number down to zero or slightly positive, but negative toe is a death sentence for tires.

What camber hole setting are you using on your rear RCAs ?

And btw when you drive , doesn't the rear feel loose going quick around turns?

Since your front camber is waaaay out of spec a little positive front toe is actually helpful in reducing inner tire wear. Zero toe is only good when camber is in spec.

Last edited by RMMGS4; 05-05-10 at 11:16 AM.
Old 05-05-10, 11:41 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

maybe its time for some SPC adjustable front adjustable upper ball joint for your front camber.

that rear pass toe is still messed up....try removing that tire and see where the toe bolt (looks like rear oem camber bolt) is currently set...take a pic if possible.
Old 05-05-10, 03:37 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Your total rear toe is -.75. That's eventually going to chew up the inside of your tires. Get adjustable toe arms ASAP. You need to get that number down to zero or slightly positive, but negative toe is a death sentence for tires.

What camber hole setting are you using on your rear RCAs ?

And btw when you drive , doesn't the rear feel loose going quick around turns?

Since your front camber is waaaay out of spec a little positive front toe is actually helpful in reducing inner tire wear. Zero toe is only good when camber is in spec.
camber hole ? you mean which hole ? hmm I don't remember i'll check it this weekend.

Hmmm i didn't really pay attention on rear feel loose or not, i drove like grandma...so maybe that's why. I'll try do a quick turns next time.

Originally Posted by PHML
maybe its time for some SPC adjustable front adjustable upper ball joint for your front camber.

that rear pass toe is still messed up....try removing that tire and see where the toe bolt (looks like rear oem camber bolt) is currently set...take a pic if possible.
o boy, another dollarsss to spend :x i'll try to take a picture this weekend, let see how it goes.

where can I find the FRONT toe adjustable ? only found a rear one on ebay

Last edited by masboy; 05-05-10 at 04:03 PM.
Old 05-05-10, 09:24 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 99 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by masboy
alright just installed pair of yokohama advan sport for front (thanks to Dean) and got alignment right away.

the rear is pretty much maxed out and my car height is (crappy cellphone pic ) :

question : my front is 19x8 (+38) using 235/35/19, the inner side of front tires were badly rubbing with something (i don't know what it is yet) when i hit uneven road, will put a spacer give more clearance in that inner area ? i'll take a picture of my old front tires, the inner was bad....some of the white wires were out.
If you look at the paper... Looks like he only adjusted the right fronts the most and not much on the left. And as for the rear, it almost look the same like he didn't even touched it. The rear is very in bad shape. And your thrust angle went up compared to the previous alignment results. The max for thrust angle is .10 degrees. Your car is definitely gonna pull.
Old 05-05-10, 10:16 PM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS4_Fiend
If you look at the paper... Looks like he only adjusted the right fronts the most and not much on the left. And as for the rear, it almost look the same like he didn't even touched it. The rear is very in bad shape. And your thrust angle went up compared to the previous alignment results. The max for thrust angle is .10 degrees. Your car is definitely gonna pull.
pardon me for my lack of knowledge on this stuff, so what should I do to somehow make it close to 'excellent' or 'good' toe/camber specs w/ that kind of height ? should I try another alignment place, such as Darrin @ west end ? or i need to get adjustable aftermarket or something ?? i'm totally clueless

Quick Reply: Installed Front & Rear RCA, did wheel alignment...here is the result