Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Installed Front & Rear RCA, did wheel alignment...here is the result

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-10, 11:34 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by RMMGS4
Your total rear toe is -.75. That's eventually going to chew up the inside of your tires. Get adjustable toe arms ASAP. You need to get that number down to zero or slightly positive, but negative toe is a death sentence for tires.

What camber hole setting are you using on your rear RCAs ?

And btw when you drive , doesn't the rear feel loose going quick around turns?

Since your front camber is waaaay out of spec a little positive front toe is actually helpful in reducing inner tire wear. Zero toe is only good when camber is in spec.
Good info!

Masboy - seeing how your rear toe is outta spec and maxed out on the adjustment i believe it might be in your best interest to look at either Megan adjustable IS300 Toe arms, FIG adjust toe arms, or Top speed toe arms.

hows clearance with your rim/tire/fender right now?
Old 05-06-10, 07:25 AM
masboy
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

vwynn, well my offset is pretty weak, so 1 finger gap in front and 1 finger gap in the rear as well.

ok, thanks for the suggestion. time to look for adjustable toe arms. FIG don't have it on sale yet, aren't they ??
Old 05-06-10, 11:43 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

not sure if they are for sale yet but u can try asking lol.. i might be selling my Megan Toe arms since they've been sitting in my drawer for quite some time now since i had to remove it from the silver car after like 1000 miles after the accident :/ we'll see
Old 06-05-10, 07:48 PM
RUSSOM
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
The camber in the rear is fixed and can't be adjusted on the alignment rack. The only way to change the camber angles is with inserts. That is why the before & after camber values are the same in back. My car is at -1.9, -1.9 in back with the center insert in place. This conservative camber value will not eat up your rear tires. A bit of negative camber is good for handeling as well.. I would leave well enough alone and not go any more positive in the rear. Up front is a different story.. I am now at -1.6, -1.6 camber up front from
-2.1, -2.1. This is without raising the coilovers further.. How did I accomplish this?? The decrease in camber values is a result of my tech adjusting the caster more negative. The end result is a car with more control and feedback. No more wandering on uneven pavement at highway speeds.. My car feels so much more solid & planted than it did in the beginning of this RCA experiment. My toes angles are even all around @ 0.5 thanks to the ability to adjust the rear toe angles at any given value.. Adjustable toe arm links ftw.. Just my experience to date.. How does your car track at present op?
I thought caster was fixed on these cars by the caster arm? If he is adjusting caster what are his tricks?

Thanks,