Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F Sport Shocks Will Raise Your Car Again? Or Do They Settle?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-09, 06:39 PM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F Sport Shocks Will Raise Your Car Again? Or Do They Settle?

Hey guys...just installed my F Sport shocks this past week and love the feel. I already had the sway bars, springs and chassis brace so the shocks were the icing on the cake. My questions is...when I got the car back from Lexus...it was noticibly higher than it was before on the OEM Tokico shocks. I asked the service guy and he said that they will settle in a week or so. I said ok and drove home. By the time I'd gotten there it had come down a little bit, but not by much. I'm worried that it's not gone back to somewhat of a scarred cat look and I've lost my drop I'd had with the combination before. I feel a huge
improvement in the way it handles, so it's not a deal breaker for me at all...but I'm wondering if anyone has had the same expierience. Thanks.
Old 10-30-09, 06:55 PM
Wisdom
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I had the F-Sport spring and shocks put on at the same time... From straight stock...

I don't think it'll would raise your ride at all. In comparison, the stock shocks are longer than the F-Sports.
Old 10-30-09, 08:14 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by pjjames1
Hey guys...just installed my F Sport shocks this past week and love the feel. I already had the sway bars, springs and chassis brace so the shocks were the icing on the cake. My questions is...when I got the car back from Lexus...it was noticibly higher than it was before on the OEM Tokico shocks. I asked the service guy and he said that they will settle in a week or so. I said ok and drove home. By the time I'd gotten there it had come down a little bit, but not by much. I'm worried that it's not gone back to somewhat of a scarred cat look and I've lost my drop I'd had with the combination before. I feel a huge
improvement in the way it handles, so it's not a deal breaker for me at all...but I'm wondering if anyone has had the same expierience. Thanks.
Shocks are not a locating part of the suspension, they have nothing at all to do with ride height in either direction.

Springs do, but you don't mention having those done. Springs don't settle either by the way, that's what people who don't know how to install them properly say to explain they didn't properly reset your bushings when they do their job wrong.
Old 10-31-09, 10:46 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

I did have the f sport springs installed too, before the shocks on my oem shocks and it sat a little lower then it does now. I'm getting mixed responses from everyone saying that they will settle and others say they won't, it's just how they are...it's odd. I got under the car yesterday and everything looks good...nothing stood out to me as "wrong". The spring is sitting just as it should. Anyone else have anymore thoughts?
Old 11-03-09, 08:57 AM
DexRox512
Turkey Killer

Morning bump!!!
Old 11-03-09, 09:54 AM
sandwiches
Driver

If it looks good, it looks good. Forget about it and enjoy the ride!
Old 11-03-09, 01:25 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Who knows, without proper measurement it's just a guess.
Old 11-16-09, 06:51 PM
LEXtegra
Driver

I had my f-sport springs on before I got the f-sport shocks. And yeah it did raise it up. But it only raised it maybe 1/4 of an inch.
Old 11-17-09, 07:45 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

1/4 inch with some slopply measurement technique on something less than a flat surface to begin with is essentially 0 inches or not valid. Could easily be variations in body/fenders, etc.