Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

how low are you?????

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-09, 10:51 AM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default how low are you?????

Post up pics of your car, for people with suspension. State how low of a drop you are, what suspension you are running (coilovers or spring/strut), size of wheels, and how you like the ride quality.

Sorry if this has been done before, if it has please close

I would start this thread but i dont have suspension, im trying looking to buy, thats what sparked my interes
Old 11-10-09, 01:34 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I dont care if there is a thread like this already, I'll play along..

Approx 2.25'' drop using TT Supra KYB AGX shocks, and TT Supra Eibach Pro Kit rolling on TT Supra 17's..Love the ride, especially with the adjustable shocks.

Picture:

Old 11-10-09, 04:48 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

turbodremz: what are your tire specs? I have an IS300 wheels i need to put new tires on. I'd like to put the highest profile I can for the drop I have. I'm on KYB w/Espelir. You think I can get away with like 50 series profile? like 225x50/17 for the IS300 wheels I have?

thanks!
Old 11-10-09, 05:01 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

The tires are the factory recommended for the TT Supra. 245/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear

You might be able to get away with a 50 series tire, but to be on the safe side go with a 45 sidewall..cause even with the 45 on the fronts, I rub over bumpier roads.
Old 11-10-09, 05:34 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Not low enough.
Old 11-10-09, 05:51 PM
Maeve
Instructor

I am running Tein CST rolling on stock wheels. From the chassis to the ground is 3.7 inches. I have Supra front LCA with its OEM bushings and Prothane bushings for everything else and also Energy Suspension for the F/R swaybar bushings.

It rides like a go cart on the stiffest setting. I think now I have the coilovers set on medium (6 clicks back from the stiffest setting).
Old 11-10-09, 05:57 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GS FONZy
Not low enough.
for daily driving on crappy streets, plenty low enough.
Old 11-10-09, 07:44 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by turbodremz
for daily driving on crappy streets, plenty low enough.
I was talking about me
Old 11-10-09, 07:54 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

I was talking about me
oh ..well in your sig it looks lower than my sc..what are you sitting on?
Old 11-10-09, 09:20 PM
GS FONZy
Lexus Champion

oh ..well in your sig it looks lower than my sc..what are you sitting on?
Lol, no worries, I probably would have thought the same thing.
I'm on Tein coils, it sits a little lower now too because I'm on stock GS wheels untill I get some tires for the 19's.

But I wanted to dump this car, I just don't want to mod anything I can't put back to factory, so rolling fenders is out the window. I feel bad molesting a 97 5spd hardtop
Old 11-10-09, 09:39 PM
wagomaniac
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dont care if there is a thread like this already, I'll play along..

Approx 2.25'' drop using TT Supra KYB AGX shocks, and TT Supra Eibach Pro Kit rolling on TT Supra 17's..Love the ride, especially with the adjustable shocks.

Picture:

thats the attitude!!!! thanks

oh and since you love the ride would you reccomend it???? and how would you the drop would look on 19's?
Old 11-10-09, 09:39 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

im offroading with my sc lol
Old 11-10-09, 09:56 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

The tires are the factory recommended for the TT Supra. 245/45/17 front and 255/40/17 rear

You might be able to get away with a 50 series tire, but to be on the safe side go with a 45 sidewall..cause even with the 45 on the fronts, I rub over bumpier roads.
That big picture you posted... thats lowered already? It doesn't look like it. You rub on that? I'm surprise. Thanks for the input on the tires. I'm also assuming that the is300 wheels will not clear my front ls400 calipers so I was thinking of putting 20-25mm spacers front and back for flushness ..... Tires on my 20"s are good tho. Its just one of those things "just in case".... I want to have a set of spare(s)
Old 11-10-09, 09:58 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Lol, no worries, I probably would have thought the same thing.
I'm on Tein coils, it sits a little lower now too because I'm on stock GS wheels untill I get some tires for the 19's.

But I wanted to dump this car, I just don't want to mod anything I can't put back to factory, so rolling fenders is out the window. I feel bad molesting a 97 5spd hardtop
HA!..I feel you on wanting to beable to return it to stock..I'm considering finding another 97+ SC later (hopefully 5-spd) and leaving it 100% stock.

Originally Posted by kingluis6
thats the attitude!!!! thanks

oh and since you love the ride would you reccomend it???? and how would you the drop would look on 19's?
I would highly recommend it, even for the occasional track use. On the shocks softest setting, it almost feels factory but still has a good balance of performance but not harsh(if that makes sense)..and on the higher (firm) settings, I wouldnt hesitate to take it to a track and its still comfortable enough for daily driving, you just feel more of the road.

As for 19's, I couldnt say, but I'm sure it would be a perfect drop, and depending on offsets and tire specs, you could probably get away with a very slight roll, or even just a good stretch on the tires.

Originally Posted by ashtray
im offroading with my sc lol
and I have picture proof of it!! ..I thought your SC was lowered? it looked like it at the mile? or was that just cause of the butterflies weighing everything down
Old 11-10-09, 10:01 PM
ashtray
Pole Position

and I have picture proof of it!! ..I thought your SC was lowered? it looked like it at the mile? or was that just cause of the butterflies weighing everything down
it was the butterflies and dragonflies the size of damn eagles that weighed her down lol...and the somewhat tall grass probably tricked your eyes.

Quick Reply: how low are you?????