Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

My Brakes Plus Lawsuit - Pictures Included.

Search this Thread

Old 11-14-09, 07:37 AM
ChampGS3
Pit Crew

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by McKrevice
WTF. How did Brakes Plus know you were at Firestone?

CONSPIRACY!
If it was just down the street then someone at Brakes Plus may have seen his car and started asking questions. Also, it has been my experience that Mechanics/managers and theses types of small shops tend to hop around a bit in their career. For the most part, they aren't that dependable and one day they end up getting fired or quitting and then find a job down the road.
It's not like they have any other skills so before you know it, everyone know's one another. Also the majority of these type's didn't even graduate high school and are willing to do stupid shi t like this.

Definitely doesn't look like it seperated on its own, that would have been chunky and likely would have been kind of spider webbed as rubber will do over a VERY long period time. These were Absolutely CUT with something sharp, not a sawzall blade as I would have guessed.

BUT like FRANKDORN inquired, if they intercepted these mounts how were you able to get them and post pics???
Old 11-14-09, 12:03 PM
denvergs4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys so here's some more information; the reason Brakes Plus new the car was at Firestone is that Firestone called them to get my wheel locks, so thats how they knew.

Once I found out that brakes plus took the motor mounts from Firestone I immediately called the police to report theft (FN cops here no nothing about the law) so Brakes Plus released them to the police and back to me. WTF how is that not theft, fn cops! So I wrote a letter to the sheriff stating the colorado statue Brakes Plus broke and NO response - so I called his supperior, now I have a meeting with him next week.

So my attorney is pumped - as most of you would agree this motor mount wasn't broke by normal wear and tear. Clearly someone cut them. My attorney is serving Brakes Plus with a $7,000 suite on Monday for punitive damages, wages lost and full repair of the parts.

Here is the note Firestone's manger wrote in regards to Brakes Plus taking my motor mounts.

Last edited by denvergs4; 11-14-09 at 01:45 PM.
Old 11-14-09, 01:28 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Certainly your attorney knows more than I do, but only $7,000? I HATE people that sue for stupid crap to get rich, but isn't there more to the case than a simple $7,000 suit? Like criminal prosecution for vandalism, theft... Emotional distress should be worth a couple grand... I dunno. Not that you'd walk away with a new Maserati and a supermodel on your arm, but somethin!
Old 11-14-09, 01:43 PM
denvergs4
Driver

Well I certainly don't think I'm not suing to get rich, I own several companies but who knows what else they did to my car. The civil suite is just for damages, the attorney and I are also pursing criminal charges with the Arapahoe Sheriff's office as well. I also have an Alumni friend thats a reporter for our local Fox news - he wants the story after the suite is over.

They need to be taught a lesson, what if this was your mom, sister, friend whatever - or someone without the ability to hire an attorney - they would just have to take being screwed over.
Old 11-14-09, 05:44 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm guessing they pulled a stunt like this in the past, but just never got caught. As you said if it was someone else that was not so car savvy, they might of paid Brakes Plus the extra $500 to replace the mounts!
Old 11-14-09, 06:41 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

these guys prey on people that don't know much about cars. They are trained to up-sale brake master cylinders, rotors, whatever...go get them!
Old 11-14-09, 07:50 PM
Sceptre
Intermediate

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by speedaddic
these guys prey on people that don't know much about cars. They are trained to up-sale brake master cylinders, rotors, whatever...go get them!
+1 . This is not the first time I've heard of something like this from Brake plus. I wonder if there is an internal / best (shady) practice type memo floating around they share with other locations. These jokers need to punished and get what they deserve. Don't forget to file it with the BBB also.

Also check these website. Search for "Brakes plus"
http://www.ripoffreport.com/Search/brakes-plus.aspx
and
http://brakes-plus.pissedconsumer.com/

It is like a documented history of them and deceptive practices.

Last edited by Sceptre; 11-14-09 at 08:08 PM.
Old 11-14-09, 08:44 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Don't know where to start on this one except finally a real and legit law suit happening.. Everyone and there mother luvs to sue but this a legitamate case..

Sounds like brake plus Fk up and had to recover the goods before they got caught. Looks like you have pics and proof of this event.. This could have been dangerous to you and your family driving down the road.

Keep us posted on this..
Old 11-14-09, 09:41 PM
o6spdracer
Lead Lap

That really sucks man. I'm going through something similar right now, I just don't know why people are so shady! You are right, its not about the money, just get it fixed and fixed right is all.
Old 11-15-09, 04:49 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

so easy for everyone to say OMG SUE THOSE BASTARDS!!@!!

Anyone ever been involved in a lawsuit? It sucks ***. Even when you're not the defendant. It's tiring, costs money and even if you win, there is no guarantee you will get anything....Even small claims court blows.

I'd rather do it like the old days. You screw me over? We're going to have a duel to the death.
Old 11-16-09, 08:22 AM
denvergs4
Driver

Agreed Suing sucks - but these guys need to be taught a lesson.

***UPDATE - the attorney for brakes plus already called and wants to settle the case, he offered $2000 for us to "go away" - screw that!

Court date is scheduled for the 27th of this month....
Old 11-16-09, 09:20 AM
JoelGs
Lexus Test Driver

That's just another scam...
Old 11-16-09, 10:18 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

sue them for sure.....after i installed my RCA, i brought my car to firestone to get their life time alignment and stripped my TOE bolt and they said they didnt wtf... so i just didnt pay for my alignment, owell... shuda sue them as well
Old 11-16-09, 12:01 PM
m32
Intermediate

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Stay away from Brakes Plus and Jiffy Lube

Edwin
Old 11-16-09, 01:56 PM
Debonair
iModerate

Received 40 Likes on 28 Posts

This is nuts! Subscribed.

Originally Posted by m32
Stay away from Brakes Plus and Jiffy Lube

Edwin
Why pull another company into this one?

Quick Reply: My Brakes Plus Lawsuit - Pictures Included.