Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Lowering Springs? Alignment?

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-09, 07:08 PM
93sprucesc
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lowering Springs? Alignment?

hello everyone,
I lowered my sc300 not more than 2 months ago and at the same day, had it aligned. Now, i lowered my car with espelir springs and two months later my brand new falken tires are completely worn out. However, it is not the inside camber, the outside is worn out. So i took it back to complain about the alignment and expecting for them to give me two new free tires (the rears are fine). They explained to me that my car got even lowered through the time and messed up the alignment again. The first time i brought my car it was able to go onto the rack but the second time they had a hard time. So my question is, guessing that the car settles in more and lowers, does that messed up the alignment? Please let me know.
Old 11-12-09, 07:11 PM
ALLWiTE2JZ
Lead Lap

Yes, as the car lowers itself more and the springs settle, the alignment will be off no matter what. I would have waited to get the alignment unless it was bad and REALLY off when you first lowered it. You should give the springs a couple more weeks to COMPLETELY settle and then get an alignment for the last time.

BTW, what springs did you use? Also, did you just put lowering springs on stock struts?
Old 11-16-09, 12:35 AM
wexpac
Rookie

Originally Posted by rooticon
BTW, what springs did you use? Also, did you just put lowering springs on stock struts?
Was wondering the same exact question because I almost bought some springs for my stock struts the other day... good, bad, or horrible idea?
Old 11-16-09, 09:09 AM
kez
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by wexpac
Was wondering the same exact question because I almost bought some springs for my stock struts the other day... good, bad, or horrible idea?
bad bad idea the stock struts wont hold up with the stress from the lowering springs
Old 11-23-09, 12:56 PM
TrackMonky
Driver

Originally Posted by 93sprucesc
hello everyone,
I lowered my sc300 not more than 2 months ago and at the same day, had it aligned. Now, i lowered my car with espelir springs and two months later my brand new falken tires are completely worn out. However, it is not the inside camber, the outside is worn out. So i took it back to complain about the alignment and expecting for them to give me two new free tires (the rears are fine). They explained to me that my car got even lowered through the time and messed up the alignment again. The first time i brought my car it was able to go onto the rack but the second time they had a hard time. So my question is, guessing that the car settles in more and lowers, does that messed up the alignment? Please let me know.

i have a question for the espelir spring on ur car...i was wondering hows the ride quality....is it soft? Stiffer? or close to stock comfort???
Old 11-23-09, 04:58 PM
edwinbong
Lead Lap

should let suspension settle before getting alignment.. or see if the place has some type of warranty
Old 11-23-09, 06:35 PM
nfordhk
Lead Lap

Espelir are suppose to ride just like stock well until you go over a bump haha. And my brother is lowered on springs stock shocks over a year now no problems. I think eventually its a good idea to get upgraded shocks but right away? Not needed.
Old 11-24-09, 12:14 AM
TrackMonky
Driver

Originally Posted by nfordhk
Espelir are suppose to ride just like stock well until you go over a bump haha. And my brother is lowered on springs stock shocks over a year now no problems. I think eventually its a good idea to get upgraded shocks but right away? Not needed.
sorrie to ask but the tanabe springs dont have as a aggressive drop from what i hear,,,,please correct me if im wrong!!!