Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Stock strut vs tein CS for air suspension?

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-09, 06:17 PM
hksw20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock strut vs tein CS for air suspension?

Any greater advantage to using a tein strut vs a oem or oem replacement strut for the air bag system? I see that uas can use either, however for stock or stock styled strut you must use their upper adapters.

Trying to recouperate some of the cost of my teins if i dont need to use them, and no greater advantage is acheived by using them vs stock struts.
Old 11-18-09, 08:04 AM
c4lvin
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by hksw20
Any greater advantage to using a tein strut vs a oem or oem replacement strut for the air bag system? I see that uas can use either, however for stock or stock styled strut you must use their upper adapters.

Trying to recouperate some of the cost of my teins if i dont need to use them, and no greater advantage is acheived by using them vs stock struts.
Theoretically, the Teins will have more strut travel/internal stroke than stock struts as well as they were valved internally for at least a decent drop.

Though, I have seen people get "low" on stock struts, if you already have the Teins, there's no reason you shouldn't re-use them. You would be able to get lower on the Teins with air, anyway.
Old 11-18-09, 05:16 PM
hksw20
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by c4lvin
Theoretically, the Teins will have more strut travel/internal stroke than stock struts as well as they were valved internally for at least a decent drop.

Though, I have seen people get "low" on stock struts, if you already have the Teins, there's no reason you shouldn't re-use them. You would be able to get lower on the Teins with air, anyway.
Thats all i need to know, thank you!
Old 11-20-09, 08:50 PM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The TEIN struts are higher quality than the OEM ones, and not to mention they can be damper adjusted.