Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen DIY

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-09, 11:33 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
well since i havent done this on my gs yet, i cant quote it but i did torch my del sol, integra, civic'(s) bushings out and i had no problems with them. this is a great write up, i have said that already though.

OP i have heard some people didnt install this whole kit due to harshness on DD it....do you dont think you lost anything in comfort with this?

wish u were local to me OP. would def have u do this for me...what part of FL u in? i have family in tampa and west palm
He's down in Coral Springs.. I maybe trying to work something out as well.. Very impressed with the write up and pics.. This could be done in a day with 2 people..
Old 12-08-09, 01:56 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
He's down in Coral Springs.. I maybe trying to work something out as well.. Very impressed with the write up and pics.. This could be done in a day with 2 people..
coral springs.....hmm i think this is where we swam with the manatees about 6 months ago. no wait that was crystal river. where is coral springs? it is a great write up..def wish i was closer i would have him do it for me. i am thinking bout going to west palm next march though lol
Old 12-08-09, 02:50 PM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey thanks everyone for the comments...
it was a big pain in the @ss to take pictures with my greasy hands and keep the cam clean but it paid off.
i hope this will serve well to anyone looking to do the DIY.

I would be happy to help anyone do this or any other work on the car in the local area. This job can be easily done in 8 hours, if the tech knows his way around.

Will someone already sticky it hehehe

I was going to do another DIY today for spark plugs as i just installed my new Torque Masters. But i got lazy. easy job tho. and boy do i recommend those to any Lexus owner. You can really tell they make a difference because on initial start up of car and the first few miles of driving ... the ECU was like WTF?!?!? and eventually tuned itself out and the car feels awesome. The engine seems to spin more freely and on perfect time.

As far as the question regarding comfort and Daizen.

I replaced all of the bushings. This is my second time doing the job. Prior to this install I had AirRunner on the car and decided to leave out the Caster bushings. The upper and lower control arm bushings made a BIG difference themselves. I will have to disagree with anyone who complains with comfort loss of the car.

To me the big sluggish boat feeling of the GS is what takes the comfort and stability away. The Daizen completely tightens up the front end making the car not feel so heavy around turns and in general. Like i said before the steering is GREATLY improved as well as braking. oh and did i mention... NO VIBRATIONS!!!! this of course has alot to do with the quality of your wheels. i had one piece Zenettis.. 2 diff models... the GS did not like them at all... drove like crap... im not rollin on Spirits Vientrays.. and i feel no vibrations. sometimes.. a little bit but im talkin like .05% compared to the 10% that it might have been in the past... btw im super sensitive to noise and whatever else. so im pretty good at diagnosing. anyway...

thanks.
Old 12-09-09, 12:50 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by sakataj
coral springs.....hmm i think this is where we swam with the manatees about 6 months ago. no wait that was crystal river. where is coral springs? it is a great write up..def wish i was closer i would have him do it for me. i am thinking bout going to west palm next march though lol
Coral spring is bascially Ft. lauderdale area..
Old 12-09-09, 02:16 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by DruMnBaSS
Hey thanks everyone for the comments...
it was a big pain in the @ss to take pictures with my greasy hands and keep the cam clean but it paid off.
i hope this will serve well to anyone looking to do the DIY.

I would be happy to help anyone do this or any other work on the car in the local area. This job can be easily done in 8 hours, if the tech knows his way around.

Will someone already sticky it hehehe

I was going to do another DIY today for spark plugs as i just installed my new Torque Masters. But i got lazy. easy job tho. and boy do i recommend those to any Lexus owner. You can really tell they make a difference because on initial start up of car and the first few miles of driving ... the ECU was like WTF?!?!? and eventually tuned itself out and the car feels awesome. The engine seems to spin more freely and on perfect time.

As far as the question regarding comfort and Daizen.

I replaced all of the bushings. This is my second time doing the job. Prior to this install I had AirRunner on the car and decided to leave out the Caster bushings. The upper and lower control arm bushings made a BIG difference themselves. I will have to disagree with anyone who complains with comfort loss of the car.

To me the big sluggish boat feeling of the GS is what takes the comfort and stability away. The Daizen completely tightens up the front end making the car not feel so heavy around turns and in general. Like i said before the steering is GREATLY improved as well as braking. oh and did i mention... NO VIBRATIONS!!!! this of course has alot to do with the quality of your wheels. i had one piece Zenettis.. 2 diff models... the GS did not like them at all... drove like crap... im not rollin on Spirits Vientrays.. and i feel no vibrations. sometimes.. a little bit but im talkin like .05% compared to the 10% that it might have been in the past... btw im super sensitive to noise and whatever else. so im pretty good at diagnosing. anyway...

thanks.
thanks OP, if im down there in a few months, i might take u up on this

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Coral spring is bascially Ft. lauderdale area..
gotcha, thanks
Old 12-17-09, 01:25 PM
pharcyde
Driver School Candidate

I know that the caster arm bushing and sleave are a PITA to remove. But how about the lower control arm and the upper control arm? Do the bushings need to be pressed out and do they have a metal sleeve?

Also wanted to confirm that I can remove the caster arm sleeve without an air chissell? I can just use a hack saw and screw driver right?
Old 12-17-09, 09:09 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

All the bushings needs to be pressed out. It's only the caster arm that requires a press for re-installation. Everything else can be done by hand.

An air chisel is not necessary, but it's a hell lot faster than a hack saw. But it's definitely doable with a hacksaw.
Old 12-27-09, 06:38 PM
SPhoto
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

what kinda car was this done on? i think i may have to replace my bushings
Old 12-27-09, 06:39 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by naes
what kinda car was this done on? i think i may have to replace my bushings
GS 300 or 400...
Old 12-27-09, 08:38 PM
SPhoto
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

would this apply for an 91 ls400 too? my front wheels shake when i drive that's why and im thinking this could be my fix
Old 12-29-09, 02:21 PM
alexly
Driver

Ordered mine last week, can't wait to get it done. My car feels horrible, even after replacing lower ball joints.
Old 01-12-10, 02:31 PM
mcgyver24
Driver

Great write up!!!!!

What kind of ball joint breaker tool did you use?
Old 01-13-10, 10:31 AM
DruMnBaSS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mcgyver24
Great write up!!!!!

What kind of ball joint breaker tool did you use?
reg one from autozone
Old 01-13-10, 10:50 AM
mcgyver24
Driver

Is this the one you used? Does it work well?

http://www.autozone.com/autozone/cat...questid=387067
Old 01-13-10, 06:59 PM
lexusondubs
dubsonlexus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

great writeup roman !!

Quick Reply: Daizen DIY