Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sway Bars

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-09, 05:22 AM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Och
Do TRD bushings squeak like the daizens? Can I put TRD bushings on Daizen front bar?
I think the supplier is the same, as long as they're greased the squeeking should stay nominal
Old 12-29-09, 10:38 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

The TRD bushings are rubber. They aren't prone to squeaking like the Daizen's polyurethane. I never once had squeaks with the TRDs. Daizen on the other hand, I have to regrease once every few months. They do squeak more often in colder climates though.
Old 12-29-09, 01:07 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
The TRD bushings are rubber. They aren't prone to squeaking like the Daizen's polyurethane. I never once had squeaks with the TRDs. Daizen on the other hand, I have to regrease once every few months. They do squeak more often in colder climates though.
SO should i not use the Daizen sway bar bushings are they really that bad?
Old 12-29-09, 01:27 PM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

They are rubber?
How did you confirm.. not doubting just curious.
Old 12-29-09, 01:49 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I have Daizens...flattened the car out around curves quite a bit and kept a very nice ride...but I'd be interested driving a car with TRD blues (stiffer than Daizens).

Never had a squeak with my poly bushings, but I lubed 'em like no tomorrow when I put em on a year ago!
Old 12-30-09, 05:24 PM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by tmf2004
wonder the dame thing, these have been sitting on my floor for a few months now
Old 12-30-09, 09:53 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by GSJake
They are rubber?
Because I had both TRD and Daizen sways
Old 12-30-09, 09:59 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Originally Posted by tmf2004
Well the daizen bushings and the TRD bushings are not interchangeable. Their diameters are different. If you have Daizen sways, then you must use their bushings. Can't replace it with OEM or TRDs.

The key is to lube them very well. There is a point of diminishing return when it comes to lubing. It gets to the point where you can only stuff so much grease between the bar and the bushing that excess grease will be pushed out. Mine got a bit dry after a while, hence the squeak. Someone on here integrated a grease fitting to make greasing easier. A small hole in the bushing will probably not affect the strength of the bushing too much so you might want to look into it. I would have been happy if Daizen created a few small grooves to channel the grease.
Old 12-30-09, 10:53 PM
GS300-2002
Pole Position

so which one did u like more and what are the noticible differences between the 2
i heard the daizen are much more comfortable but slightly less performance
this true?
Old 12-30-09, 11:21 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Well lets just say that when I had my Daizen with Ltuned springs, they rode rougher than my friend's Tanabe springs with TRD sways, and his car handled flatter in the corner.

I went from TRD to Daizen because I thought being able to adjust the rear link was a neat idea. I started off with the softest setting and it was definitely noticeable in the amount of body roll gained. Eventually I went to the middle setting and it's still had more roll than the TRDs. Before I sold the bar, I switched to the stiffest setting Daizen had to offer. Still more body roll than with the TRD and the ride quality wasn't any better. On rough roads, you could definitely tell the ride was kind of harsh. With the TRDs, they felt more 'firm' instead of harsh. It's been a few years since I had the bars but I would say the Daizens were much more comfortable. It's probably true on the softest setting but you sacrifice handling quite a bit. Downside to the TRD is that they cost more.
Old 01-02-10, 07:25 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks!

I wonder why Toyota would choose rubber over poly. I thought that polyurethane, although louder, was the way to go for its hardness and durability?
Old 01-02-10, 08:58 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Probably because its cheaper and most of the suspension already consists of rubber. It wouldn't be luxurious to hear squeaks. Not to mention they'll need grease for polyurethane and that adds up to more money for them.
Old 01-02-10, 09:46 AM
FLIPMOE
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSJake
They are rubber?
Yeah its rubber not poly
Old 01-02-10, 10:08 AM
GSJake
Lexus Test Driver

Probably because its cheaper and most of the suspension already consists of rubber. It wouldn't be luxurious to hear squeaks. Not to mention they'll need grease for polyurethane and that adds up to more money for them.
Originally Posted by FLIPMOE
Yeah its rubber not poly
Okay. Thanks guys.

I will have a set of TRD's soon and planning to go with a Daizen full poly bushing kit in the future will this be a weak link?
Old 01-02-10, 10:29 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Not at all. They'll only become a weak link when the rubber gets really old to the point where it easily compresses. When they're new, they feel almost like urethane.

Quick Reply: Sway Bars