Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport Springs - Was great, now just ok

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-10, 09:38 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

After getting my 1st set of coilovers I realized that lowering springs are a waste of money
Old 01-29-10, 05:12 PM
JimIs350
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default More F-Sport Lowering Spring experiences?

I was considering the F-Sport Lowering Springs, but some of the [detailed] negative write ups have discouraged me. If others could add their good/bad results with the F-Sport Lowering Springs it would be greatly appreciated.

I don't plan on adding the Bilstein shocks with the springs since all reviews I have read note the harsh ride. The progressive springs would be ideal if they actually work well so one can have a nice cruise and tear up the curves. Having lowered the car an inch will of course help with the latter.

Thanks in advance!
Old 01-29-10, 07:24 PM
JoshIS408
- - G T V I P - -

Received 119 Likes on 45 Posts

^

Ive got the shocks and springs. At times i wish i was lower, i currently have a finger gap in the front and back, but i realized if i was tire tucking, i would probally end up rubbing or messing up my rim. I came to the conclusion that 1 finger gap in front and back is the practical ride height for me. Doesnt look 4x4 like the stock is, but doesn't look dumped.
Old 02-03-10, 12:48 PM
rcracer
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Uneven Chassis Height

I notice something today while I was staring at the car in my garage. The chassis height from driver side vs the passenger side is different. So I break out my tape measure and measured it from the floor to the topmost part of the wheel well, the driver side front and back is lower by a little over 1/8" I know it's not much but if you really stare at it you'll see it. Car was bought from the dealer with the F-sport springs already installed. I now have just over 2k miles on the car, maybe because most of the time I'm driving without a passenger. I only weigh 155lbs so i'm a lightweight. Anyone else can verify this before I take it back to the dealer. I know it's not my garage floor because I turn the car around and remeasured it and the passenger side is still a bit higher.
Old 02-03-10, 12:56 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

I wouldn't expect much luck expecting the dealer to fix a supposed difference of 1/8 inch.
Old 02-03-10, 02:41 PM
dojoman
Lead Lap

Received 269 Likes on 216 Posts

Originally Posted by rcracer
I notice something today while I was staring at the car in my garage. The chassis height from driver side vs the passenger side is different. So I break out my tape measure and measured it from the floor to the topmost part of the wheel well, the driver side front and back is lower by a little over 1/8" I know it's not much but if you really stare at it you'll see it. Car was bought from the dealer with the F-sport springs already installed. I now have just over 2k miles on the car, maybe because most of the time I'm driving without a passenger. I only weigh 155lbs so i'm a lightweight. Anyone else can verify this before I take it back to the dealer. I know it's not my garage floor because I turn the car around and remeasured it and the passenger side is still a bit higher.
It's normal for most Japanese cars, not sure what the reason. I also measured my brothers Infiniti G35, the same thing, drivers side is lowered. I'm surprised you noticed it from just looking.
Old 02-03-10, 05:19 PM
rcracer
Pole Position

I used to work for NUMMI as a QE so I got a trained eye

I guess they just got that gangsta lean
Old 02-03-10, 07:16 PM
juice14
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

same thing on my previous mazda it was lower on the drivers side. thats why i got coilover fo the 350. I couldnt STAND it
Old 02-03-10, 09:18 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

It's normal for the height difference specially when you lower it, than it becomes very obvious. FYI: if you have or will get the F-sport springs, make sure to get the revised one. The rear springs was pretty junky and soft. Now with the new TSB rear springs, it's great and I would say it made a world of a difference in terms and suspension/handling/ride.
Old 03-02-10, 08:46 AM
Duke02
Driver

does anybody know of a ramp that will work with the lowered clearance with the f-sport springs. I already scrape my rhino ramps with the sport suspension
Old 03-02-10, 09:29 AM
norapat01
Former Sponsor

My IS already comes with Sport Package, I can't imagine how harsh the ride would be with F-Sport spring. Guess I'm gonna stay stock, hates to lose ride quality just for the looks...not to mention rattles in the cabin from harsh suspension.
Old 03-02-10, 10:26 AM
Duke02
Driver

I'm actually swapping out my stock sport for the f-sport because I'm hoping it will ride better because the f-sport springs are progressive and the stock sport springs are linear. Anybody let me know if this is stupidity, but from what I've read, the f-sport rides similiar to the stock non-sport suspension until you hit a big bump so I'm guessing it'll be better than the stock sport.

Thanks
Old 03-02-10, 11:45 AM
hellasboy
Lexus Test Driver

My rear shocks are dead. I was tempted to do coilovers but opted to go with F-Sport shocks because I don't want to deal with rebuilding them every 25k miles (or more) and the price to rebuild and reinstall them. I plan on moving to a larger car in 2-3 years and I think the F-sports will hurt my resale the least.

I'm also doing F-sport springs (the new ones w/o clunking). I LOVE my road magnet springs. I never had clunks, driver side lean (need to measure to be sure), and it rides fantastic. The guy that did the install did a terrific job. But the drop is too low for me. My fiancee never wants to drive my car anymore (she scraped the underside once not paying attention) and I now drive into Baltimore frequently and the roads are simply horrible.

Hopefully I'll get these installed in the next month or so.
Old 03-03-10, 03:42 AM
MrHarris
Intermediate

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by dojoman
It's normal for most Japanese cars, not sure what the reason. I also measured my brothers Infiniti G35, the same thing, drivers side is lowered. I'm surprised you noticed it from just looking.
Weird, the drivers side should be higher to accommodate the drivers weight.
Old 03-04-10, 11:58 PM
whoster
Lexus Test Driver

you guys realize that in Japan the driver's side is our "higher" side.

my GS has the gangsta lean too.

Quick Reply: F-Sport Springs - Was great, now just ok