Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

BC Racing Coilovers ????

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-10, 12:53 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
Update on the BC coilover. I just received the coilover yesterday and the bolts are not that long. So if you want to install an STB, you will have to remove the black metal ring.

I'm currently on bilstein and I was able to install the STB with the black metal ring with a lot of thread left over.

After I upgrade the BC coils to swift spring, I will attempt to install the coilovers with the ring to see if enough thread is left or not to use the ring at all. I would prefer to keep the ring+STB if possible.
Sam...you gonna swap out the BC coil springs with Swift springs?

Post up pics when u finish.
Old 05-26-10, 02:04 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
Sam...you gonna swap out the BC coil springs with Swift springs?

Post up pics when u finish.
Yep, I'll take pix. I thought I was going to get the swift springs this week but BC called me back to say that they do not have it in stock until possibly next week.
Old 05-26-10, 02:28 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

So you went with the same spring rate as the BC? Any reason for that? Why didn't you install the coilovers to see how they ride before considering the swift springs?
Old 05-26-10, 02:46 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
So you went with the same spring rate as the BC? Any reason for that? Why didn't you install the coilovers to see how they ride before considering the swift springs?
I posed that question in the other thread and wondered. For some reason, I figured since BC come with 10/8, then +2 will only make it a bit stiffer. My ASSumption is BC would not send out something so stiff... so, if swift was more linear... then it'll be okay with a little more stiffness. All this is based on the assumption that BC would not ship a stiff setup. Also, the BC was probably setup for the gs300, which is lighter (I would assume).

I'm hoping it won't be an expensive assumption

If it doesn't go well, worse comes to worse, I'll get to try out the hyperco product. And If I like the quality of swift, I'll get a lower spring rate. Then I'll sell the higher spring rate to the track guys around here.

a whole lot of *** in these sentences LOL.
UPDATE

I did not notice a weight difference when I held it. There is one less coil. Diameter of spring appears the same.

Last edited by sam430; 06-10-10 at 08:54 PM.
Old 05-26-10, 03:14 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 95 Likes on 77 Posts

So how does it feels without the ring??
Old 05-26-10, 04:47 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by sam430
Update on the BC coilover. I just received the coilover yesterday and the bolts are not that long. So if you want to install an STB, you will have to remove the black metal ring.

I'm currently on bilstein and I was able to install the STB with the black metal ring with a lot of thread left over.

After I upgrade the BC coils to swift spring, I will attempt to install the coilovers with the ring to see if enough thread is left or not to use the ring at all. I would prefer to keep the ring+STB if possible.
I have Bilstein's too and yes there was a still a good amount of thread remaining with the my STB and the metal ring. I've since removed the rings though.
Old 05-27-10, 01:32 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

You won't have an Issue with the actual ride or quality of the Swift spring, they make some of the BEST aftermarket springs in the business.
Old 06-02-10, 01:25 PM
motolex722
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i recently installed my bc racing coils. i was running spc upper control arms for about 2 months on tanabe df springs prior to the bcr coils but for some reason when i installed the bc coils it sits about an inch higher than i feel it should. even all the way slammed on the coils it isn't tucking and i know i've seen a bunch of cars here on these coils tucked up front so my question is, is it the coils or the upper control arm? i know someone else posted the exact same problem but never read a definite answer. hopefully someone can shed some light.
Old 06-29-10, 03:58 PM
Rezaxxed
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Bringing the thread back from the dead... I am getting ready to purchase some BC coils also. Just wondering if I can tuck in the front. Lots of members are saying that it doesn't slam very low compare to other coilovers. CMS vendors if you guys can confirm...it would be greatly appreciated.
Old 06-29-10, 05:16 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Tucking depends on the wheel and tire setup, not just coilover height. The general notion is that you can lower the front even more if you remove the lower collar completely. Or just adjust the upper spring perch. You can have other coilovers than can lower your car further with just the shock body adjustment, but they may have crappy ride/build quality. Half an inch or so difference shouldn't have to be a major factor. The Pros of the BC outweighs the Cons.
Old 06-29-10, 05:59 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

A lot of talk about BC coils lately. Last year or two it's been folks asking about Megans or even Stance. Thanks to all who've chimed in about these.
Old 06-29-10, 07:25 PM
lexusscturbo
Lexus Champion

I'm tucking 20's on BC's
Old 06-29-10, 08:12 PM
motolex722
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

I posted a pic of my car fully slammed in the front w/o RCA's in my other thread if you wanna check that out. I have to agree with GSteg, the pros do out weigh the cons. BC coils ride extremely well even fully slammed up front. If you want to tuck tire all you need are RCA's, but just be ready to hear a lot of banging of the UCA on the body.
Old 06-30-10, 11:18 AM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'd have to see a pic of the actual coilover with you guys who are "maxed out" to confirm.

If in fact the only reason you can't go lower is because the locking rings are touching, then all you need to do is remove the middle locking ring, and just have the spring seat ring and the lower mount ring, you can get about another .5-1" drop that way.

Please feel free to PM us for pricing or individual setup questions
Old 06-30-10, 11:47 AM
sam430
Lexus Champion

The body, red bracket, is the max even if you remove the ring. The bottom, in blue box, will not go up further. You can adjust the perch and drop the spring, in blue bracket.

Quick Reply: BC Racing Coilovers ????