Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Going to do the TSIB for the F-Sports Springs

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-10, 01:49 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Going to do the TSIB for the F-Sports Springs

I'm planning to go to Lexus of Westminister, CA tomorrow to get the TSIB campaign done for the rear springs. I read from another tread saying that people who had it done claim it's better and raises the back higher is that correct? That is the main reason why I want it done since my rear is much lower than the front. Also is there anyone plan on going there as well?
Old 01-13-10, 02:50 PM
TommyT
Lead Lap

hey
i just wonder did you install the f-sport springs yourself or ????
Old 01-13-10, 03:16 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

hey loftus - i do plan on heading out to lexus of westminister to take care of my dash rattle and also the vibrating rear view mirror. A buddy said to work with Charlie. Not sure last name, but there should only be 1 charlie. He is a good service advisor and should take good care for you (according to my buddy). Good luck and let me know how it went !
Old 01-13-10, 03:42 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by TommyT
hey
i just wonder did you install the f-sport springs yourself or ????
I took my car to a local shop to install. I don't have the clunking issue but only the height issue on the rear since I notice almost all the coils on the rear is all sorta crunched together.

Originally Posted by funnie
hey loftus - i do plan on heading out to lexus of westminister to take care of my dash rattle and also the vibrating rear view mirror. A buddy said to work with Charlie. Not sure last name, but there should only be 1 charlie. He is a good service advisor and should take good care for you (according to my buddy). Good luck and let me know how it went !
Oh it's Charlie, not Richard? I saw on the thread to look for Richard but he seems awfully busy most of the time. Thanks, I'll definitely keep that in mind if anything. Btw, when are you getting your car done? I'm going tomorrow since it was raining/wet today.
Old 01-13-10, 04:32 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

howdy loftus - im thinking sometime at the end of this month. its also going to rain next week. maybe when the weather is nice n sunny again. I am in socal, n gotta drive out to westminister... its a farrr drive for me. ..
Old 01-13-10, 04:37 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

howdy loftus - im thinking sometime at the end of this month. its also going to rain next week. maybe when the weather is nice n sunny again. I am in socal, n gotta drive out to westminister... its a farrr drive for me. ..
Hey sup funnie, I don't get something. If it's just for fixing noises then, you can just take it to your local Lexus dealer no? The reason why I'm driving from LA county to OC is because I don't have the springs receipt but it was from there.
Old 01-13-10, 08:15 PM
funnie
Lexus Test Driver

i've done some research and it seems like some of my local dealerships might refuse looking at my problems because they can just say "its normal". I don't want to spend the time nor energy arguing against the local dealerships.

A buddy of mine had the same RV mirror issue and he was serviced by Charlie at lexus of westminister, fixed with no questions asked. In regards to the rattle in my dash, i've heard horrible stories where the connections behind the dash were not connected properly when they removed the dash to attempt to fix the noise issue. I would want it done correctly the first time and not have to return back to dealership because they messed up something in my car while trying to fix something else.

If service is good at lexus of westminister, i wouldn't mind taking my car over there to service on a regular basis. So far every dealership (locally) that I have dealt with has just been bad or below average service. I am going to take my friend's recommendation and try one more time at a dealership. If not, I guess I will have to live with the dash / shaking RV mirror, but will seriously consider another car manufacturer in the future purchases.
Hope all works out for u with the springs. PM me n let know how it goes ! thanks in advanced.
Old 01-13-10, 08:47 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

i've done some research and it seems like some of my local dealerships might refuse looking at my problems because they can just say "its normal". I don't want to spend the time nor energy arguing against the local dealerships.

A buddy of mine had the same RV mirror issue and he was serviced by Charlie at lexus of westminister, fixed with no questions asked. In regards to the rattle in my dash, i've heard horrible stories where the connections behind the dash were not connected properly when they removed the dash to attempt to fix the noise issue. I would want it done correctly the first time and not have to return back to dealership because they messed up something in my car while trying to fix something else.

If service is good at lexus of westminister, i wouldn't mind taking my car over there to service on a regular basis. So far every dealership (locally) that I have dealt with has just been bad or below average service. I am going to take my friend's recommendation and try one more time at a dealership. If not, I guess I will have to live with the dash / shaking RV mirror, but will seriously consider another car manufacturer in the future purchases.
Hope all works out for u with the springs. PM me n let know how it goes ! thanks in advanced.

Good Luck and hope all goes well with your fixes. About the violent shake of the rear view mirror, it's a known issue so that should be done without a hitch. I got mines done at my dealer.