Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Your opinion?

Search this Thread

Old 01-28-10, 04:24 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Your opinion?

Hey guys. I am just doing a little bit of research because im thinking about throwing some coilovers on my future car and didnt want to spend a whole lot of money. What do you guys feel is the best bang for your buck? I prefer a stiff ride with good performance, but some ground clearence. I know megan coilovers are under $1k but whats the difference from tein? Thanks for the help guys!
Old 01-28-10, 08:30 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Default Your opinion?

Hey guys. I am just doing a little bit of research because im thinking about throwing some coilovers on my future car and didnt want to spend a whole lot of money. What do you guys feel is the best bang for your buck? I prefer a stiff ride with good performance, but some ground clearence. I know megan coilovers are under $1k but whats the difference in ride quality from tein? Thanks for the help guys!
Old 01-28-10, 08:35 PM
Hey Johnny
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Hey guys. I am just doing a little bit of research because im thinking about throwing some coilovers on my future car and didnt want to spend a whole lot of money. What do you guys feel is the best bang for your buck? I prefer a stiff ride with good performance, but some ground clearence. I know megan coilovers are under $1k but whats the difference in ride quality from tein? Thanks for the help guys!

What is your true budget?

Are you installing yourself?

Looking for drop or performance?
Old 01-28-10, 09:53 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

KW or DG5
msglength
Old 01-28-10, 11:07 PM
kit cat

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ok your threads can be answered by using something called a "search" located on the top right and typing in a keyword; kinda like word association. If you want o know more about coilovers, type in "coilovers". There also is a section dedicated to suspension.

BUT, I understand that you don't know what you don't know. So, I advise that you go to google.com, type in "What is a coilover" and start from there. THen, maybe you can learn how a coilover works and how different variables affect the handling dynamics.

If you get to that point, I'm sure you'll know what you want before asking us. Good luck.
Old 01-29-10, 03:52 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Coco-bun
Ok your threads can be answered by using something called a "search" located on the top right and typing in a keyword; kinda like word association. If you want o know more about coilovers, type in "coilovers". There also is a section dedicated to suspension.

BUT, I understand that you don't know what you don't know. So, I advise that you go to google.com, type in "What is a coilover" and start from there. THen, maybe you can learn how a coilover works and how different variables affect the handling dynamics.

If you get to that point, I'm sure you'll know what you want before asking us. Good luck.
I have searched. I was just wondering what they thought was best. I'm leaning towards tein flex or megan coilovers. Thanks for the help.
Old 01-29-10, 05:35 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

tein flex are hard riding.

if you have the pockets, find some HKS Hipermax.

On a budget, megans are fine, or Tein SS.

If you want a really good ride and a subtle drop, Tein SS.

JICs are stupid money but the best you can buy IMO.
Old 01-29-10, 07:49 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
tein flex are hard riding.

if you have the pockets, find some HKS Hipermax.

On a budget, megans are fine, or Tein SS.

If you want a really good ride and a subtle drop, Tein SS.

JICs are stupid money but the best you can buy IMO.
Jcat pretty much answered it all right here..
Old 01-29-10, 08:10 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Thanks for the help guys. Guess im going to get some megan coilovers! Prob my first mod
Old 01-29-10, 08:22 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the help guys. Guess im going to get some megan coilovers! Prob my first mod
i say solid decision. You can always upgrade.
Old 01-29-10, 08:46 PM
lunatyk
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

No mention of stances? I don't know from experience, but I was planning on going with stances. About 1100-1200, go stupid low, and ride is nice from what I hear.
Old 01-29-10, 08:56 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lunatyk
No mention of stances? I don't know from experience, but I was planning on going with stances. About 1100-1200, go stupid low, and ride is nice from what I hear.
stance GR+ are pretty good, I had forgotten about those. Definitely worth the 300 more than megans if you have them.
Old 01-29-10, 09:31 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you need some help with a coilover purchase or decision just shoot us a PM and we can help
Old 01-30-10, 10:58 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
stance GR+ are pretty good, I had forgotten about those. Definitely worth the 300 more than megans if you have them.
Whats the difference from Megans? As far as ride quality and stiffness. Im not really worried about the drop since its going to be my DD and theres speedbumps everywhere around my town.Thanks for the help
Old 01-30-10, 10:59 AM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
If you need some help with a coilover purchase or decision just shoot us a PM and we can help
Thank you. I'm just doing a little bit of research right now and once i get my car i'll contact you.

Quick Reply: Your opinion?