Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suggestions for lowering/stances/

Search this Thread

Old 01-29-10, 05:39 PM
norcal2jz
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Suggestions for lowering/stances/

i was looking at the tien basic coilover setup for my 95 sc300 2jzge 5spd.......
This is a daily driver for the time being so dont want anything too crazy.......any suggestion?
Maybe leaving the coilovers and getting sport springs and shocks????
Basically looking to drop it a bit to give it more of a stance......
Keep in mind i live in a big city wt lots of hills.....
Old 01-29-10, 05:49 PM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

if you're concerned about the ride, stick with spring/shock combo. people DD with coilovers but that doesnt mean its for everyone. if you really want coilovers, you have to be willing to sacrifice the Lexus ride.
Old 01-29-10, 06:27 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

for DD I would suggest Eibach and KYB AGX's for the TT Supra or Tokico Blues with Espilier springs..both give a very nice stance and you still get a comfortable ride, and adjustability with the AGX shocks..unless like Kevin stated, your not concerned with a smooth ride all the time, coilovers.
Old 01-30-10, 07:10 PM
MAJones
Driver School Candidate

Has anyone used the Tanabe N210 springs with stock struts or aftermarket struts before? How does the ride height / quality compare to the Supra TT Eibachs? I want a small drop, very comfortable ride, with just a little less tire movement and a quicker rebound than OEM.
Old 01-31-10, 08:30 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Might wanna try powerd by max coilovers i finally got on thier site yesterday. i didnt know that they stock alot of stuff for the jzz and uzz http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?5thier was a member by da name of 1985zcar that used to have them before his car got totaled

the best thing is that these are fully threaded i was thinking about selling my zeals for these i know that big wavesc has these as well

i have had to shock and spring combos thier not even worth it just save in the long run u will be more happyer in the long run

Last edited by t70 supra; 01-31-10 at 08:57 AM.
Old 01-31-10, 01:23 PM
TheKevin
Lexus Champion

fenderub and i have the the PBM/PSM coilovers. these are far from comfort coilovers.
Old 01-31-10, 01:33 PM
blisiono
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MAJones
Has anyone used the Tanabe N210 springs with stock struts or aftermarket struts before? How does the ride height / quality compare to the Supra TT Eibachs? I want a small drop, very comfortable ride, with just a little less tire movement and a quicker rebound than OEM.
I've used the Tanabe's on stock struts. Ride is basically the same as OEM since it's hard to tell the slight increase in stiffness. As for the drop, it's about an inch all around which helps lessen the wheel gap. I haven't tried Supra TT Eibachs yet so I can't really compare them.
Old 01-31-10, 03:28 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The BCR coilovers are a good choice because they offer rubber mounts for the coilovers which will give a softer ride and produce less noise. They also offer custom spring rates if you'd like to choose your own.

Shoot us a PM if you are interested and we can answer any questions or get you setup
Old 02-01-10, 02:06 AM
simplgreen
Pole Position

not meaning to thread jack, but what brand gives you the lowest drop on springs?
Old 02-01-10, 08:19 AM
blisiono
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by rhsc400
not meaning to thread jack, but what brand gives you the lowest drop on springs?
If you want to use SC spec springs, then Espelirs would be your best bet. If you're going to use Supra spec shocks and springs, then there's a pretty big range of springs you can use.
Old 02-01-10, 10:12 AM
wickedsc3
Driver

Hey i am looking at what coilovers to get also. I noticed that no one said anything about the fact that most coilovers have adj. dampers??? Just curious is it that they really dont make that much of a difference??? Cuz i thought that most could be adjusted softer for the street and then stiffen them up for the track?? I am not for sure on this but that is what i thought the damper did.
Old 02-01-10, 01:21 PM
blisiono
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by wickedsc3
Hey i am looking at what coilovers to get also. I noticed that no one said anything about the fact that most coilovers have adj. dampers??? Just curious is it that they really dont make that much of a difference??? Cuz i thought that most could be adjusted softer for the street and then stiffen them up for the track?? I am not for sure on this but that is what i thought the damper did.
I guess no one really talks about them because it all depends on how stiff or soft each individual has. I'm pretty sure they make a difference it's just that one person's idea of a harsh ride might not be as bad to someone else.
Old 02-01-10, 01:35 PM
wickedsc3
Driver

ok that is what i was thinking as the stiffness of a ride is pretty open to interpertation. But i have a feeling that the ride on coilovers no matter what damper setting u are on its going to be harsher than stock. Im not for sure but that is my quess.
Old 02-07-10, 10:56 AM
BigWaveSC
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheKevin
if you're concerned about the ride, stick with spring/shock combo. people DD with coilovers but that doesnt mean its for everyone. if you really want coilovers, you have to be willing to sacrifice the Lexus ride.
This is it, there is no magic coilover.
Old 02-07-10, 01:48 PM
sillyboi12
Banned from selling! Respond to your PMs

Originally Posted by t70 supra
Might wanna try powerd by max coilovers i finally got on thier site yesterday. i didnt know that they stock alot of stuff for the jzz and uzz http://www.gtfactory.jp/cms/page.php?5thier was a member by da name of 1985zcar that used to have them before his car got totaled

the best thing is that these are fully threaded i was thinking about selling my zeals for these i know that big wavesc has these as well

i have had to shock and spring combos thier not even worth it just save in the long run u will be more happyer in the long run
what are the specs on that wheels? spacers and all! i love the rims!

Quick Reply: Suggestions for lowering/stances/