Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

I cant believer I just won!:)

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-10 | 08:57 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Default I cant believer I just won!:)

Hello Everyone,
After looking for suspension I thought I might check out famous e bay, and came across these for a 93+ supra and I thought I go ahead and make a single bid to see if I win. Sure enough I did, and now I am waiting for them to ship it to me. I haven't done lot of research on Tom"s racing but after googling them I learned that Tom's racing is like a brabus to benz and dinan to bimmers
Here is the link
I am so excited about this coilover setup!

Please post your comments about these

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...K%3AMEWNX%3AIT

Last edited by LEXXIUM; 02-07-10 at 09:26 PM.
Old 02-07-10 | 08:58 PM
Hil
Lexus Fanatic

Congrats, they look goood
Old 02-07-10 | 09:23 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Thanks Hil,

I hope they're not going to be too stiff being racing set, but I also think thats their basic setup so it might not.
Old 02-07-10 | 09:55 PM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

good buy congrads
Old 02-07-10 | 10:27 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

nice find..Tom's performance parts are pretty hard to find at times
Old 02-07-10 | 10:44 PM
philliptie
Rookie

Nice coilovers but LEXXIUM is correct, alot of JDM coilovers are super stiff, as in not for USA road stiff. I had to find that out the hard way with my last s13 on Kei office coilovers
Old 02-08-10 | 05:23 AM
5sp_jzz30
Lexus Champion

i dont see what the big deal is?

you paid almost a 1000 for used coilovers that, if blow, become paperweights. they are not take-apart dampers and i doubt you will find anyone in the states to service them. the height adjustment is done via dropping the spring, thus if you want a slammed look it will ride like crap and probably bottom out.

to everyone else...just because the coilovers are meant for racing or called "race setups" doesnt mean spring rates have to be very stiff. coilovers are all about the damper. when you have a poorly valved shocks you mask it with high spring rates.

if any of you have ever driven a car on KW coilovers, especially those revalved, by RobiSpec you know what i mean
Old 02-08-10 | 06:57 AM
zhillz
Lead Lap

They look ruff. I wouldnt be suprised if they are blown...

850? no thanks.
Old 02-08-10 | 08:40 AM
wickedsc3
Driver

Yea i looked at those coilovers a couple weeks ago they have been on there for quite a while. I was going to bid on them too but im pretty shure those springs are pretty soft i forgot where i found the numbers but i think it was like 7kg front and 5 kg rear. Too soft for me and too much money when u can but new teins for llike 300 more.
Old 02-08-10 | 08:58 AM
jadu
live.love.laugh.lexus

oo nice win
Old 02-08-10 | 10:00 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

Wicked SC3 is correct. ADvox is a comfort series. That means the spring rate and dampeing is more of a stock feel. If you looking for just a nice comfy lowered ride i think you bought the right thing.

The only thing I really don;t like about them is for thier price its not a thread shock body and by that i mean you adjust ride height by lowering the spring rather than the shock body itself so these typically can't be set to low cause the stress it causes on the internal valving.

But in Japan these are extremely high quality high end damper so i think its still a good score
Old 02-08-10 | 12:33 PM
FuMoFFuTT
Lexus Test Driver

At the local JDM shops I can find PLENTLY of these coilovers for cheap. $500-700 CND.. they don't sell cause people don't know how many km's they have on them and how hard they've been driven. What if they have 90,000 miles and are going to blow after 1 week? That'd suck. Hopefully it doens't happen, and that's why I put a little bit more money to buy brand new coilovers. Rebuilding's a b**** and they usually don't repair them with the original parts. Therefore you're stuck with a Tom's shell.. and something funny inside :P

Anyways, hope they turn out good, if you didn't pay for them yet, I wouldn't.. just my 2 cents

Originally Posted by 5sp_jzz30
i dont see what the big deal is?

you paid almost a 1000 for used coilovers that, if blow, become paperweights. they are not take-apart dampers and i doubt you will find anyone in the states to service them. the height adjustment is done via dropping the spring, thus if you want a slammed look it will ride like crap and probably bottom out.

to everyone else...just because the coilovers are meant for racing or called "race setups" doesnt mean spring rates have to be very stiff. coilovers are all about the damper. when you have a poorly valved shocks you mask it with high spring rates.

if any of you have ever driven a car on KW coilovers, especially those revalved, by RobiSpec you know what i mean
Old 02-08-10 | 02:57 PM
abounly
Lexus Champion

Hopefully it wont blow, my brothers brand new teins blew after about 2 years and he doesn't even drive it hard.

When you said i cant believe i won i thought there would be a bidding war, but it was just you.
Old 02-08-10 | 04:02 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

The coilovers look like they are in good condition. Bottom line is, these are good coilovers.

The reason there was no bidding war is because people are broke these days

Anyway, Good score bro!

Cant wait to see them on.
Old 02-08-10 | 06:47 PM
LEXXIUM
Pole Position

Thanks bro, the reason I went with these is because I didn't want a harsh ride and didnt want to spend $600+ on a new tt eibach supra/tokicos and then have camber problems +more $$ for the camber kit, and on top of that I didnt want to rub, this way I can adjust it and take a guess work out set my ride as high or as low as I want.
I know some of you against going with the used set, but I did some search on these and as far as reliability goes tom'r racing and advox is awesome.
If they are blown I can dispute it through the ebay they are advertised as a "great condition" have them returned, but I doubt it.
Later

Quick Reply: I cant believer I just won!:)