Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Spring Fitment

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-10, 02:00 PM
zhillz
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How do you propose to expand the bottom of the spring...
Old 03-03-10, 07:19 PM
Akito san
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bostonSC said he went with TT shocks.

you know how muffler shops expand pipeing, perhaps trying it on the bottom on the spring could do it. never tried it but wonder if its possible.
Old 03-03-10, 07:21 PM
Akito san
Pole Position

Thats true alex it might not be a good idea. used coilovers from japan is what i am trying to get . I need more work hours!!
Old 03-03-10, 09:41 PM
Tylerw1
Rookie

Originally Posted by Alex33
to Turbodremz,

there are dudes like you that follow the rules and never have problems, boring car, boring automotive life.

then theres people who engineer, fabricate,and mechanic, who have amazing cars that are one off peices of automotive art. Sure we may run into problems but we have fun while doin it, and we learn what works and what doesnt so fools like you wont have to take risks and figure it out on your own.

YOUR WELCOME
Lol.. People that follow the rules know what they are doing and always end up with a more realiable car. Sounds to me you are one of those hack job mechanics. If you were a good mechanic you would know putting lowering springs on a OEM shock is no good. But who am I, I only follow the rules so I must have a 'boring' car. Also, it is not safe to install a spring on top of the perch.. That is not where it is meant to sit.

The spring is suppose to sit like the one 3rd from the left, not like the one you installed which is the furthest right.

Seems like you need to go back to school for some learning. But who am I you like to break the rules and own fast not boring cars

I think I'll call you HH. That's short for Hackjob Hippie. Good day.
Old 03-04-10, 09:09 AM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

It seems that everytime i tried to mod something that wasnt supposed to fit ,i ended up screwing everything up and ordering something that fits. LOL

Do it right the first time. BUT i'm still tempted to do it again every time
Old 03-04-10, 07:36 PM
Rex Ruthor
Driver

What is the lash measurement from the ID of the B&G Supra spring and the OD of the shock tube above the perch? If it is flush, then what is the big deal as the base of the spring is fully supported by the top of the perch? If there is lash or a gap between mentioned diameters, then a safety issue does exist.
Old 03-04-10, 08:42 PM
zhillz
Lead Lap

I wonder if some people who have the supra springs on SC shocks have them upside down with the fat end to the shock perch.
Old 03-05-10, 09:50 AM
TheRonTom3
Lexus Test Driver

zhillz you are a complete moron and you leading other people astray with false infromation should see you banned.

No springs for a supra will CORRECTLY/SAFELY fit on SC shocks. Tell me I am wrong.

I have been running JZA80 Supra TT suspension in my car for the years now and have had a few different brands of springs. The are COMPLETELY different from SC springs. The only way i could possibly imagine them possibly working is if you installed them upside down, which basically means you have the IQ lower than a small monkey.

ONCE again readers YOU CAN NOT USE SUPRA SPRINGS ON SC SHOCKS.
Old 03-05-10, 03:45 PM
LEX_MAN
Lexus Test Driver

It would've been cool if this thread got closed right after those words ^^^^

But i screwed it up now
Old 03-05-10, 05:21 PM
BostonSC4
Lexus Test Driver

If I could interupt world war III real quick, what tools do you guys recommend I need to swap out the shocks and such?
Old 03-05-10, 05:33 PM
blisiono
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by BostonSC4
If I could interupt world war III real quick, what tools do you guys recommend I need to swap out the shocks and such?
Various metric sockets (I believe 14mm, 17mm, and 19mm), varying size ratchets (for more torque when tightening or loosening), hex set (for sway bar endlinks), and spring compressors. There could be more, but I don't quite remember. Look for Raine's DIY. Everything you need should be in there if I'm not mistaken.
Old 03-06-10, 03:31 PM
zhillz
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by TheRonTom3
zhillz you are a complete moron and you leading other people astray with false infromation should see you banned.

No springs for a supra will CORRECTLY/SAFELY fit on SC shocks. Tell me I am wrong.

I have been running JZA80 Supra TT suspension in my car for the years now and have had a few different brands of springs. The are COMPLETELY different from SC springs. The only way i could possibly imagine them possibly working is if you installed them upside down, which basically means you have the IQ lower than a small monkey.

ONCE again readers YOU CAN NOT USE SUPRA SPRINGS ON SC SHOCKS.

Calm down sparky. I see where the bottom doesnt fit in the perch like it should be if it did then the srpings be 1.5front drop and closer to 2" rear. Some brands work for people who have installed the rears on top of the perch get the exact drop it should be.

Banned for giving out wrong information? We where having a debate and i was argueing for the people who have DONE IT and it worked.

Last edited by zhillz; 03-06-10 at 03:35 PM.
Old 04-19-10, 10:58 AM
Alex33
Driver School Candidate

Just thought i would drop in and say after almost 3 months of driving his car daily, Triggs has had no problems with the B&G springs on the SC shocks. Rides amazing for sitting so low and the factory shocks don't bottom out like most cars do when lowered on stock shocks. It turned out great and i would install them again on an SC in a heart beat.

have a nice day
Alex
Old 05-10-10, 10:01 AM
Alex33
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tylerw1
Lol.. People that follow the rules know what they are doing and always end up with a more realiable car. Sounds to me you are one of those hack job mechanics. If you were a good mechanic you would know putting lowering springs on a OEM shock is no good. But who am I, I only follow the rules so I must have a 'boring' car. Also, it is not safe to install a spring on top of the perch.. That is not where it is meant to sit.

The spring is suppose to sit like the one 3rd from the left, not like the one you installed which is the furthest right.

Seems like you need to go back to school for some learning. But who am I you like to break the rules and own fast not boring cars

I think I'll call you HH. That's short for Hackjob Hippie. Good day.

this made me laugh, i think ima get me some stickers made, Hack job Hippie Automotive
Old 05-10-10, 12:35 PM
turbodremz
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I am shocked that this thread is still going, and these so called "mechanics" are still being allowed to post bogus, mindless, and ignorant information... Sure your TT springs might fit on your SC shocks, but they DO NOT SIT IN THE PROPER LOCATION, which is ON THE PERCH...does not matter if the car rides nicely, I have seen Hondas with hacked stock springs that ride like factory, but in the end they had some major suspension issues.

Alex Im going to say this flat out, I honestly do not believe you are a mechanic..and if you are, I honestly hope that this hits the internet far enough that people do NOT take their vehicles to you for sake of their safety, and others..

Oh and just a question, are you by chance registered by the BBB?

Quick Reply: Spring Fitment