Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Ok everyone need some input on coilovers or springs what yall running

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-10, 04:41 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you're looking to be on a budget, forget coilovers since you'll more than likely set it and forget it. But for me, I like to tinker with my car so I ride on my own custom set of D2 coilver built to my own spec. Also, I corner balance my car also if it helps.
Old 02-24-10, 05:25 PM
AlphaTribe
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by RI-Lex
I run tein CS, they dont slam the car, but it rides butter smooth the car is currently a little lower.
I know by my post count I'm going to be considered a newb, but I have the Tein CS and I can go much lower then that on stock wheels....

That being said, I don't like my Tein's at all, and I feel like I've totally lost the "Lexus" lux ride I had, even when I put them back up to stock height, the ride isn't the same. I wish I'd have saved the money and got something else now.

Just my .02
Old 02-24-10, 08:43 PM
motolex722
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

i'm currently riding on tanabe df's and kyb's and honestly i wish i went straight to coilovers. not that i don't like my df's, decent drop and still ride pretty good. but like most people on here i've caught the modding bug and needdd to go lower lol. i can't wait to get my coilovers in the next couple months. I'm probably going with megan's or bc racing.
Old 02-24-10, 09:26 PM
duby1
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by SYNSEI
What are you talking about? It's all considered "suspension".
Switching a full coilover suspension not just the springs. i
Old 02-25-10, 12:15 AM
VipBippu08
Pole Position

I have Megan's too and they are great.. nice ride comfort and priced right.. just my 2cents
Old 02-25-10, 10:54 AM
DDLexus
Racer

Received 25 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by VipBippu08
I have Megan's too and they are great.. nice ride comfort and priced right.. just my 2cents
Do we have a vendor on this board that sells Megans Coilovers?
Old 02-25-10, 11:18 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

coils?? springs?? whats that?

i got bags
Old 02-25-10, 01:24 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by DDLexus
Do we have a vendor on this board that sells Megans Coilovers?
theirs a few , check out the vendor section..bought mine yesterday
Old 02-25-10, 01:31 PM
SirBev
Pole Position

I'm thinking that i might have to go this Megan route...
Old 02-25-10, 01:53 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Anthony
im ordering my megan coilovers today..PM the vendors on the site, most of the time their cheaper..

lol
^^LOL... that is hilarous

All I see and hear is Megans and Stance being mentioned. I must say that the price of Megans makes me worry about how good and reliable they really are. I'm just use to seeing the price start at over 1G for a real good set of coilovers that drop real low, gives you a decent to good ride and whatever else bells and whistles comes with it.
Old 02-25-10, 02:00 PM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Talk to Figs, one of the Vendors here, about BC Coilovers. Custom springs set up, very nice dampening, and he's a very honest and knowledgeable guy.
Old 02-25-10, 02:17 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
^^LOL... that is hilarous

All I see and hear is Megans and Stance being mentioned. I must say that the price of Megans makes me worry about how good and reliable they really are. I'm just use to seeing the price start at over 1G for a real good set of coilovers that drop real low, gives you a decent to good ride and whatever else bells and whistles comes with it.
Well i bought them because i hear how good and comfortable they are..i daily my car, but want to be low. Theirs a handful of members whove been riding on megans for a couple years w/ no probs..
Old 02-25-10, 02:37 PM
fro20
Driver

I would rock a less adjustable Tanabe Sustec Pro S-OC built with quality over a set of MEgan/D2/BC/Stance/KSport or any other chinese manufactured stuff.

For DD Tanabe Sustec Pro (~$800) are good. For track not so much. Megan just really got people with their low price. Nothing wrong with buying em if thats what you want.

But someone said before, this is a Lexus, not a Honda. Shi.. none of my S chassis buddies even run Megan coils.

Jeremy

Last edited by fro20; 02-25-10 at 02:42 PM.
Old 02-25-10, 02:38 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Anthony
Well i bought them because i hear how good and comfortable they are..i daily my car, but want to be low. Theirs a handful of members whove been riding on megans for a couple years w/ no probs..
Honestly I haven't heard bad feedback about them from anyone who actually had them installed. There was this one guy here who called it "ebay junk" but not sure if he even had them on his car. Trust me I'm not bashing the product. For under a g, it made me skeptical of how good these coilovers are.
Old 02-25-10, 02:41 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by fro20
I would rock a less adjustable Tanabe Soc-Pro built with quality over a set of MEgan/D2/BC/Stance/KSport or any other chinese manufactured stuff.

For DD Tanabe Sustec Pro are good. For track not so much. Megan just really got people with their low price. Nothing wrong woth buying em if thats what you want.

But someone said before, this is a Lexus, not a Honda. Shi.. none of my S chassis buddies even run Megan coils.

Jeremy
See now the Tanabe Sustec coilovers I hardly hear about. There is little to no feedback about these making believe that they are not the greatest for our cars.

Quick Reply: Ok everyone need some input on coilovers or springs what yall running