Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SPC Front camber + Megan rear suspension rods install photos + results

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-10, 10:36 AM
andrewshu3
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I wait a few weeks to get the alignment but they can only adjust toe for our cars. Your camber will depend on how low you drop your car. With my drop the camber was outside factory spec on all four wheels. Tire wear approx 10,000 miles later was bald on inside in front and 3mm on inside in the rear
Old 03-26-10, 09:34 PM
BoOst3d
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just order an IS300 SPC camber kit as well....I'll keep you guys updated on my project!

As for the 3GS ball joints.....why dont you find out the part number for the OEM ball joint and see if its the same as the 3GS....if it is then it would work
Old 03-31-10, 06:00 PM
gizbx4
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Eldr1dgE
very cool..i'm wondering if all four megan arms are necessary to correct the camber/toe? can you get away with just using the camber arms?
im wondering the same thing. can i just get the camber arms?
Old 04-13-10, 12:05 AM
tinylexus
Driver

Here's a pic of what my buddy EVO98 has done on his camber kit.

His Car;

Evo98 over to you... nice mods you have.
Old 04-13-10, 08:24 AM
B16da9
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

tinylexus : How where your friends alignment specs after he installed those arms. Did it fix the camber without throwing off the caster?

I ask this since on my DA there was a problem with a camber kit skunk 2 released. The kit was designed for the 88-91 civic and skunk 2 thought it would work on the DA. Sure enough he arms bolted up and corrected the camber but they changed the caster settings.

This is why I ask the question as those arms are for the IS300.
Old 04-13-10, 09:58 AM
BoOst3d
Lead Lap

i used the ball joints for my car and had Miami Chassis do the rear camber and now all my camber and toe is in factory spec. They just opened the hole on the cross member and slid the rear lower control arm in to fix the rear camber. Its kinda ghetto but it works and has worked for all my friends cars as well
Old 04-13-10, 10:17 AM
B16da9
Racer

How much did Miami Chassis charge you?
Old 04-13-10, 01:45 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
I have been working on it for some time. I have the rear lower control arm designed and just trying to make a decision on the eccentric peice.

This is what my solution would be...correcting on the bottom not the top.

The fewer adjustable linkages the better as if you adjust too many links you may have a resulting geometry that will not cycle clean. Also adjustable links are inherently weaker than a solid tubing section, so I would put safety as my primary concern. With multi-link suspensions, there is some reliance on the rubber bushings to allow slop in parts of the suspension travel...just so things do not bind. If everything is replaced with solid bearings they you can have stress spikes on the links.

By leaving the vertual upper pivot point alone I would hope to reduce the amount of stress on the system. If it cannot move freely with no shock installed, chances are it will fail when you are driving at some point. That is no fun.

Fig
Fig,

I thought the OEM rear toe arm is adjustable? Doesn't it have a camber-type bolt on one end?

Also, what about the upper and lower traction/control arms? Wont that keep the toe and camber from adjusting? Don't they need to be adjustable as well?

So...your design will adjust camber by the lower susp. arm? Not the upper camber arm? Also, I see the end of your lower susp arm design...it looks like a possible camber bolt for additional fine tuning of the camber? Oh...btw...I think megan already made an adjustable upper camber arm, right?

Pete
Old 04-13-10, 10:03 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 144 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by PHML
Fig,

I thought the OEM rear toe arm is adjustable? Doesn't it have a camber-type bolt on one end?

Also, what about the upper and lower traction/control arms? Wont that keep the toe and camber from adjusting? Don't they need to be adjustable as well?

So...your design will adjust camber by the lower susp. arm? Not the upper camber arm? Also, I see the end of your lower susp arm design...it looks like a possible camber bolt for additional fine tuning of the camber? Oh...btw...I think megan already made an adjustable upper camber arm, right?

Pete
I do not see any adjustments on the ISF. The toe and rear LCA are adjustable on the IS300, not the ISx50's. I just found an eccentric bolt that will work, so I go to cut my design to proto at the beginning of next week.

BTW, if your car is lowered, you do not want to be at factory specs. Your suspension is not at factory compression, so it needs to be in a new geometry to work lowered.....
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 04-13-10, 11:21 PM
2slow
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Toe is adjustable for the 2IS. Camber and caster isn't
Old 04-15-10, 07:11 AM
B16da9
Racer

Well I decided to buy the IS300 ball joint camber kit. Lets see how it works out for me.
Old 04-19-10, 12:06 PM
B16da9
Racer

I just called SPC and just to let you guys know you will need to order two of part#67525.
The price of $102.52 is for just one balljoint.
Old 04-19-10, 02:05 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
I just called SPC and just to let you guys know you will need to order two of part#67525.
The price of $102.52 is for just one balljoint.
did you buy the arms or the ball joint?
Old 04-20-10, 11:11 AM
B16da9
Racer

I bought the ball joints, I'm not doing anything to my rear as my friend aligned to within specs.
Old 04-20-10, 12:26 PM
fknISC808
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by B16da9
I bought the ball joints, I'm not doing anything to my rear as my friend aligned to within specs.
Oh ok, i thought you were going to pick up those Hardrace IS300 front arms. I was going to say let me know how it works out. I'll probably pick up a set.

Quick Reply: SPC Front camber + Megan rear suspension rods install photos + results