Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Got an aftermarket Big brake kit and your wheels won’t fit. DYI

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-10, 10:22 PM
One HoT
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice work Scott; That engineering background really helps with projects like this. Congrats on getting it to fit, looks great.
Old 04-05-10, 10:41 PM
masagsxr
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow Scott... Awesome work.. I admire your skillzzz.. Keep feeding us with those knowledge
Old 04-06-10, 12:26 AM
windex
Lexus Test Driver

I want to clone a copy of you to keep in my garage when I cant figure something out ahaha. this is awesome I wouldnt have EVER thought to do anything like this.
Old 04-06-10, 12:37 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Great work man. LOL i was reading the 1st post, thinking i see where he's going w/the caliper........ whats he gonna do about the rotor, & then.. I love fabing stuff, it gives you a great feeling, I just MADE that. I wish i had this problem. What have you done w/your master cylinder, cause i think i need to switch to the supra one even w/my TT's. Not that it doesnt work now just fine, just that it would make the hand stroke for the brake alittle shorter, pushing more fluid. The other thing is, it would be nicer to have a bigger resevore to hold more fluid. With TT brake f & r, the pads are thicker & you have more fluid in the system, that when your brake pads still have 50% left the brake light is comming on cause the fluid is low, well you can fill it up. But beware next time you do a brake job LOL & push the pistons back in. Brake fluid falls.
Old 04-06-10, 04:13 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thanks guys!
spdrcr, I have been considering a master cylinder upgrade, I was going to contact Stoptech and see what they recomend.
Old 04-06-10, 04:17 AM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Spooled

still waiting for some full side-shot pics of the beast.

How does it stop with the new brakes?
It stops really well considering there is not a engine in the car at the moment. LOL I actually took some time off from the engine build to do these brakes, now its back to the motor. Full shots just wont look that great until I get her backdown on the ground.
Old 04-06-10, 03:47 PM
GZZ-TT
Pole Position

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
SICK. Those stainless bolts on the hats look great compared to the StopTech ones- did you get the ARP studs installed yet?? For a drag setup I definitely would!!! Damn you're gonna have the hardest setup around.

I simply cannot wait to see a full side shot when everything is painted, and lowered on the ground w/those drag rims... Cancel engine plans for now, just take it off the jackstands and take pics so I can stare at badassedness.

...I'm really glad my brakes went to a good home... You should find someone wih an HDR camera for a photoshoot when finished. Btw, are you keeping the StopTech caliper stickers, or possibly putting some 'L' or Lexus stickers on 'em?

Last edited by GZZ-TT; 04-06-10 at 03:51 PM.
Old 04-06-10, 04:42 PM
RjBLayz
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Engineering your own parts to make things fitt on your sc. How many of us can say we've done that? I for sure can't! Lol your killin us man. great job!
Old 04-06-10, 08:52 PM
gldndrgn14
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does the stoptech rears still incorporate the rear drum parking brake?
Old 04-06-10, 09:21 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Yes they do have it.
Old 04-06-10, 09:24 PM
ScottURnot
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
What have you done w/your master cylinder, cause i think i need to switch to the supra one even w/my TT's. Not that it doesnt work now just fine, just that it would make the hand stroke for the brake alittle shorter, pushing more fluid. The other thing is, it would be nicer to have a bigger resevore to hold more fluid. With TT brake f & r, the pads are thicker & you have more fluid in the system, that when your brake pads still have 50% left the brake light is comming on cause the fluid is low, well you can fill it up. But beware next time you do a brake job LOL & push the pistons back in. Brake fluid falls.
Good info from Stoptechs website regarding the mastercylinder. I also emailed their support, they said to only use the stock one.

Do I need a proportioning valve with a StopTech Big Brake Kit?
In a word, no. Because StopTech manufactures calipers with the correct piston diameters for each application, our kits will work with your stock master cylinder and stock pressure limiting valve (often called proportioning valve). There is no need to modify or remove the pressure-limiting valve, and no additional proportioning valve is needed. A StopTech kit will also work with your ABS and traction control systems (improperly designed upgrades can confuse the ABS)
Old 04-06-10, 09:50 PM
TroySC300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by One HoT
Nice work Scott; That engineering background really helps with projects like this. Congrats on getting it to fit, looks great.
x2 Well done. I know that must have been a satisfying job to complete
Old 04-06-10, 11:15 PM
joe diego
Lexus Test Driver

Received 25 Likes on 16 Posts

I bet you speak like 4 different languages.
Old 04-07-10, 12:43 AM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by ScottURnot
Good info from Stoptechs website regarding the mastercylinder. I also emailed their support, they said to only use the stock one.

Do I need a proportioning valve with a StopTech Big Brake Kit?
In a word, no. Because StopTech manufactures calipers with the correct piston diameters for each application, our kits will work with your stock master cylinder and stock pressure limiting valve (often called proportioning valve). There is no need to modify or remove the pressure-limiting valve, and no additional proportioning valve is needed. A StopTech kit will also work with your ABS and traction control systems (improperly designed upgrades can confuse the ABS)
Right on, thanks for the info. So that kit you bought, was that for the supra or the SC. Thats cool that they calibrate to our master cylinder spec's, but if there is a difference in Supra & SC's & your kit is for a supra, then maybe we would benifit from the supra m/c. Ive been thinking about doing this for awhile, the part is pretty cheep, i might try it.
Old 04-07-10, 06:19 PM
SH_JZZ30
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Wow great job. You have some serious skills man.

Quick Reply: Got an aftermarket Big brake kit and your wheels won’t fit. DYI