Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

PIC REQUEST: IS250 AWD w/ BC Coilovers on Lowest setting.

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-10, 05:49 PM
ohno
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Exclamation PIC REQUEST: IS250 AWD w/ BC Coilovers on Lowest setting.

I was wondering if anyone that has the BC Coilovers for their IS250 AWD can post pics of their car on the "lowest" setting. From what I've seen it doesn't look like too much of a drop. I currently have F-Sport springs but the drop IMO looks identical.

Thanks in advance,
- Neil
Old 04-08-10, 05:55 PM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 142 Likes on 52 Posts

also can anyone comment on the ride quality the bc coils? from what ive been reading they are the only ones available for the AWD atm, if you feel i am jacking ur thread lmk ill delete this
Old 04-08-10, 07:21 PM
ohno
Lead Lap

^No worries man. I'm interested in hearing about ride quality as well.
Old 04-09-10, 05:20 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

1st Inquiry: - you can put your car on the ground with BC Racing Coilovers. I have them on my 350 and they are the same design for the 250awd (which my wife drives). Any pictures you seen where "it didn't look like much of a drop", was simply the car owners taste.

Your not going to get the pic you requested (on lowest setting). Its toooooo low. In all reality, just picture your exhaust on the ground. You, or anyone would never drive as low as these can go.

2. Inquiry: - they ride decent for an aftermarket suspension. I have the 10K/8K option and at first I honestly thought it was too soft, but now I'm used to it. Its actually a BETTER ride then lowering springs, especially for the AWD because the AWD suspensino doesnt like to be dropped. No shock travel.
Old 04-09-10, 05:43 AM
flektone
Lexus Test Driver

Search the user name Dubsessd. He's on BC coils and the drop looks perfect. He also claims the ride is pretty close to stock.
Old 04-09-10, 08:23 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...llo-coils.html

Check out the pics in this thread.

I could still have went lower but it would be impractical to drive as a Daily any lower than that. Roll/cut the rear fenders is definitely recommended if you get them.

Quality is really good on them and they are easy to adjust.
Old 04-09-10, 11:13 AM
phatasian8
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought springs for my awd and now I'm contemplating weather to put them on or wait and save up for these. I've read a lot now and talked to a lot of members and they seem to like the coilovers over springs. I'm just in the situation that ride quality is the #1 factor if I were to lower it. I'm sorry to the OP for thread jacking to, but would a 8k/6k spring rate be as close to stock ride quality as you could get? Or would it be to soft causing it to bounce to much?
Old 04-09-10, 11:23 AM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by phatasian8
I just bought springs for my awd and now I'm contemplating weather to put them on or wait and save up for these. I've read a lot now and talked to a lot of members and they seem to like the coilovers over springs. I'm just in the situation that ride quality is the #1 factor if I were to lower it. I'm sorry to the OP for thread jacking to, but would a 8k/6k spring rate be as close to stock ride quality as you could get? Or would it be to soft causing it to bounce to much?
My coils definitely offer a better ride experience than the springs but idk what my coils were preset too. If you shoot CircuitMS as pm, he has been really helpful with the BCR coils and can probably answer any questions you have.
Old 04-09-10, 02:59 PM
phatasian8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by PaPaHoFF
My coils definitely offer a better ride experience than the springs but idk what my coils were preset too. If you shoot CircuitMS as pm, he has been really helpful with the BCR coils and can probably answer any questions you have.

I did and he said that a 8k/6k would be the best spring rates for a stock like ride. I was just wondering if it might be to bouncy as far as it not being stiff enough. As far as ride quality over stock with the coils how is it?
Old 04-09-10, 03:23 PM
dubsesd
Lead Lap

with 4" of thread left

Old 04-09-10, 03:49 PM
Touge
Pole Position

I have them also, ride quality is nice, but the vibration at idle sucks =(. I have a 2 finger gap all around. Wonder if I go lower the vibration will disappear, hmm
Old 04-09-10, 04:09 PM
djbugz
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Touge
, but the vibration at idle sucks =(.
Vibration at idle??
Is this with all you guys with BCR coilovers?
Old 04-09-10, 08:24 PM
phatasian8
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Touge
I have them also, ride quality is nice, but the vibration at idle sucks =(. I have a 2 finger gap all around. Wonder if I go lower the vibration will disappear, hmm

I like to here the ride quality's good, but I don't like to here thers a vibration at idle. I would also like to know if anyone else is experincing this. I know I've read that some people get this with springs and I thought it was just happening with people that had springs on?
Old 04-09-10, 10:00 PM
PaPaHoFF
Lexus Champion

no vibrations at all. Like I stated before. Some people get the vibrations and others do not. Some say the car needs an alignment and wheel balance and it fixes the vibration but i've had to coils on for 6 months and not a single vibration.
Old 04-11-10, 12:23 PM
Willdb15
Lead Lap

ive seen bc coilovers at the lowest setting and the car was resting on the exhaust