Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Any OEM bushings for SC available from dealer?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-10, 09:32 AM
cavette
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Any OEM bushings for SC available from dealer?

I understand the front lower control arm bushings are not available separately as OEM parts. This is why a lot of SC owner just get brand new LCAs, including the fact that one gets new ball joints with the new LCAs.

But are the bushings for the front upper, rear lower, and rear upper available separately as OEM factory parts from a dealer?

If so, any idea on the part numbers? Thanks.
Old 04-14-10, 07:12 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

I have seen old IPB's with a item number for just the bushings, so they definitely had them at one time, but I think that was from quite a while ago and that they DO NOT carry them anymore. There was a guy (Vlamos ??) over in AUS or NZ that was making rubber bushings for the SC's which were supposed to retain the suppleness of the oem rubber bushing (for those who didn't prefer the feel of poly bushings), but IIRC, they were rather expensive. The supra LCA replacement isn't such a bad deal considering that you get new ball joints (as you mentioned) and that you save quite a bit on labor (either your own, or $$ to a mechanic) from not having to hassle with the whole pressing/torching/cleaning/ etc...plus, you don't have to re-lube the oem bushings periodically (more savings). Food for thought.
Old 04-15-10, 08:04 AM
cavette
Driver

Originally Posted by good2go
I have seen old IPB's with a item number for just the bushings, so they definitely had them at one time, but I think that was from quite a while ago and that they DO NOT carry them anymore. There was a guy (Vlamos ??) over in AUS or NZ that was making rubber bushings for the SC's which were supposed to retain the suppleness of the oem rubber bushing (for those who didn't prefer the feel of poly bushings), but IIRC, they were rather expensive. The supra LCA replacement isn't such a bad deal considering that you get new ball joints (as you mentioned) and that you save quite a bit on labor (either your own, or $$ to a mechanic) from not having to hassle with the whole pressing/torching/cleaning/ etc...plus, you don't have to re-lube the oem bushings periodically (more savings). Food for thought.
Right, if the bushings are outrageously expensive, then it makes more sense to just buy new LCAs and UCAs for both front and back.
Old 04-15-10, 09:38 AM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

It's been my experience that the front LCA bushing wear out the fastest; much quicker than either the front uppers or the rears anyway. This isn't to say that the others won't wear out too, but at around 100k - 120k miles, you can pretty much bet you need LCA bushings and steering rack bushings (sooner if PS was leaking), whereas the uppers and rears can still have significant life left in them. Have you inspected your front uppers and all rears to see if they are truly in need of replacement, or are you just assuming they need it since the front LCA's and steering rack did?
Old 04-15-10, 09:56 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just get the prothane kit bl-207 is worth every penny call assultech they have them
Old 04-15-10, 11:44 AM
1SICSC4
Driver

Get the prothane kit. I have them on my car and its great.
Old 04-15-10, 02:11 PM
cavette
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICSC4
Get the prothane kit. I have them on my car and its great.
Which Prothane kit? Prothane bushings for LCAs or others? Prothane for all?
Old 04-15-10, 03:44 PM
1SICSC4
Driver

The prothane kit is for all. 2 sets one front and one rear. I got the front and rear plus the daizen steering rack bushings for under $180. Changes the whole car. So much better.
Old 04-15-10, 05:50 PM
cavette
Driver

Originally Posted by 1SICSC4
The prothane kit is for all. 2 sets one front and one rear. I got the front and rear plus the daizen steering rack bushings for under $180. Changes the whole car. So much better.
Isn't Prothane bushings made from polyurethane? Doesn't this make the whole suspension very stiff making you feel every tar strip and expansion joint on the road?
Old 04-15-10, 05:59 PM
good2go
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by cavette
Isn't Prothane bushings made from polyurethane? Doesn't this make the whole suspension very stiff making you feel every tar strip and expansion joint on the road?
Yes, they are, and to some extent, yes they do. . . but, as I mentioned before, some people actually prefer that. It's a personal choice which you prefer, luxurious or taught.
Old 04-15-10, 06:52 PM
1SICSC4
Driver

The slightly stiffer ride is worth the benefits of better handling and feel of the road. Anyways if your stock bushing and suspension are shot these wont be any more harsh.

Last edited by 1SICSC4; 04-19-10 at 04:35 AM.
Old 04-17-10, 12:01 PM
scENFORCER
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I've been debating whether I want to install the polyurithane bushings or new rubber ones when I lower my car (with supra tt suspention). Are the polyurithane ones really THAT much more harsh? I mean, I want a sporty ride but not a harsh ride..
Can anyone comment how the ride is with the tt/dazien vs tt/rubber setup?
Old 04-17-10, 12:17 PM
RGW LLC
Former Sponsor

we have 4 more sets of those OEM bushings in stock.....and yes lexus don't sell them anymore, but we got them years ago before they stop making them....these are original OEM lexus bushing for your front lower control arm....

1 set = 2 bushings = can do one control arm

pm us if you need a set or 2....
Old 04-18-10, 07:14 AM
hmhatch
Pit Crew

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

I understand the front lower control arm bushings are not available separately as OEM parts.

If so, any idea on the part numbers? Thanks.
Yes, they are still available. I just purchased a set myself. Here are the part numbers you need:

48655-24050 x 2

48654-24040 x 2
Old 04-18-10, 09:04 AM
t70 supra
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

y hanent any of u guys told hom that oem bushings are crap. and when ps fluid hits them it eats the bushings

Quick Reply: Any OEM bushings for SC available from dealer?