Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

camber problems with eibachs?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-02, 08:53 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default camber problems with eibachs?

im getting Eibach springs and Tokico shocks. i have 19in wheels will I need a camber kit?
Old 06-11-02, 11:11 AM
cupete
Pole Position

No Camber Kit needed for our car, everything is adjustable...
Old 06-11-02, 03:35 PM
Din
Lexus Champion

what is adjustable?
Old 06-11-02, 10:15 PM
London Bill
Lead Lap

Front:
Camber, Castor, Toe-In, KPI.

Rear:
Camber, Toe-In.

If you alter the front wheel offset you can also alter the Scrub Radius, but I would not recommend it unless you know what to expect.
Old 07-07-02, 02:34 PM
AUTOBOTxSOARER
Driver School Candidate

I cut about 1 1/2 coils on my front springs and 1 1/4 in the rear... It butterflies like crazy.... I went to get an alignment and they said that I need at least a 2 degree camber kit. a 3 degree would be even better... Does anyone know if they sell these kits? I know sc's come with camber kits already but they said they werent able to correct it with the stock one... Anyone have this problem?
Old 07-07-02, 04:39 PM
ACleanSC4
Lead Lap

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Hey Autobot,

Did you happen to just recently buy your car from my partner, Chris? Send me an email to Tony@LexusSC400.com if this is you.

Car looks good man! I think you also got a do-luck kit also right?

Send me an email, I got some things to ask you!

Thanks,
Tony
Old 07-07-02, 11:28 PM
AUTOBOTxSOARER
Driver School Candidate

Yup i did.. I had the do luck... but i returned it for the the kit on the front page of the sc400 site.
Old 07-08-02, 12:47 PM
howiedoit
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

are you the guy who works at california tint? doesn't he have a vertex copy? ...not you, huh?
Old 07-08-02, 12:52 PM
AUTOBOTxSOARER
Driver School Candidate

Nope thats the other member.... And yes he has the VIS kit .... whats wrong with that? I have that too just not painted yet?
Old 07-10-02, 12:18 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i thought VIS wasn't selling those anymore? hey autobot, did you get the real do-luck kit or the copy?
Old 07-11-02, 04:02 AM
AUTOBOTxSOARER
Driver School Candidate

hmmm ... I thought this post was regarding Camber problems... Anyone know if they make the aftermarket camber kit???
Old 07-11-02, 10:39 AM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

Angry

nevermind autobot, thanks for not being helpful with any questions. i have info about camber kits, but maybe you can find info from other members... sorry. don't mean to be rude
Old 07-11-02, 04:53 PM
AUTOBOTxSOARER
Driver School Candidate

do-luck .... I assumed you would know I got it from VIS and they made two copies... And the first one I heard fit right and mines didn't so I returned it for the *ahem* COPY of the vertex........... not to be rude or anything but whats the deal about a copy kit or a real one??? Both looks the same but you pay about 3 times as much for? Are the real ones poly or what? also are you the one that got the 1st vis do-luck?
Old 07-11-02, 05:12 PM
AutoCoutureSC
Lexus Fanatic

didn't mean to sound rude. had a long a$$ day. there's a HUGE difference in the fitment of copies and the real deal. and NO, i did not buy a fake do-luck kit. MINE is the real deal and have the stamps and fitment to prove it. also the quality nonetheless. a couple of members have seen my car in person and can vouch for what i say. Howiedoit, ACLEANSC4, 007lexus, etc.

you can get the fake kit and have it flap like crazy cruising at high speeds on the freeway, or save up and get the real kit so you DON'T have to worry about fitment problems or the quality. there are no poly body kits for the SC. only fiberglass

Just don't tell people that you got the real deal when it's not. I'm not the only one that feels this way on this board, but hey, like i said before... whatever floats your boat.

I never assumed that you got it from there. i knew there was a month wait though. and i only knew of one do-luck copy distributed in new york, but not being distributed by your store. It's a similar bumper, but totally different.

I wonder what manaray has to say about this...hehe
Old 07-11-02, 08:30 PM
AUTOBOTxSOARER
Driver School Candidate

icee... you are right about the fitment... the one i had didnt fit right.. .however not all are like that... Most copied kit arent predrilled... Thats how most dont fit right when you drill them wrong...

Why you assuming that i claim i have the real deal when I never said I did..... Im here asking whats wrong with copy kits and you are accusing me of claiming I have a real one... Dont get me wrong here im just curious about your prev. remark..

Also the shop I get it from, manufactures their kits from Japan... does it make a difference having an imported copy from japan? Must be better than most of the U.S. made copies because its imported right? Doesnt that make it JDM?

Lol im juss messing witcha MR. HIGH ROLLER!.... u crack me up....

can we get off this subject yet?????

Quick Reply: camber problems with eibachs?