Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help! Coilover adjustment!

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-10, 11:33 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Help! Coilover adjustment!

I followed JoeZ's old setupd and installed my D2 Sports coilovers today. However, the car is a little dangerous to drive because of a broken bolt. I only got to install my rears before another mishap occurred. That's not my main concern.

My question is how do I adjust the height of the car? Do I have to remove the whole lower control arm like I did when I installed it?

What do the dials do? I know they are used for dampening but I have no clue how to read the thing . All I did was turn it all the way to the left (counter clockwise) and turned it clockwise 12x for the rear.

I'll be getting the replacement bolt from dealership tomorrow. And hopefully installing my fronts tomorrow too. I had to stop because I bought some crappy torque wrenches from Harbor Freight. Received them on Monday, used it for the first time and my 1/2 inch broke. At least its under warranty.
Old 05-03-10, 09:26 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

Bump... Can you guys with coilovers chip in on how you installed/adjusted the height?
Old 05-04-10, 01:00 PM
nMeOnE
Pole Position

you dont have to take the coilovers off the control arm to adjust the height. All you have to do is used your 2 provided wrenches. First you loosen the lower ring. Then you use the move to where the two ring locks together. You either counter-clockwise up using the bottom one to raise the car or twist it down clockwise using the top one to lower the car. Its easier if you spray a little wd-40 where the spring hits the perch so the body assembly can move freely.
Old 05-04-10, 02:18 PM
svntwosix
Lexus Test Driver

So the coilover has 3 rings total. The little booklet from D2 Sports, which doesn't say much, just says not to adjust height with the top 2 rings. If I adjust those 2 rings, the length of the whole coilover does not expand or contract. But if I adjust the lowest ring, I can make the whole coilover shorter or taller.