Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Hellaflush

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-10, 11:13 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

if you want to be hellflush and helldumped you need super hard coilovers. none of this stance/megan bull****, i mean at least 20k springs front and rear. take a look in any of the japanese magazines at the guys on coilovers and they are running 20k plus springs. This is a given because you basically want hardly any movement at all so when you are slowly going up driveways and inclines the car just lifts rather than the wheel hitting the guards.

as for negative offsets...yeah okay... you will need widebody and serious fender modifications. in addition, you'll need to decide how much tyre stretch and camber you want to run, that will then determine how much offset you can run.

at the end of the day this car wont be daily driveable so i would also consider buying a runaround for the day to day.

good luck with it though, do your research
Old 05-19-10, 12:28 AM
djMaru
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hhaha poor guy. I think rather stay little dumped, so I would still drive around.
Old 05-19-10, 12:47 AM
upstateGS4
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrExecutiv
what is hellaflushed and helladumped?

If you want a super deep dish wheel with negative offsets, then prepare to spend some more money. I really don't know how much negative offsets we are talking about here, but it will be at least a fender pull that you will need.

im stuck trying to decide if this is a "hellajoke" from some wiseass or not.. lofl either way.
Old 05-19-10, 01:21 AM
Ay-nako
Stop the Copy!

Received 112 Likes on 52 Posts

hella lol... sorry I really had to say it!
Old 05-19-10, 09:59 AM
MrExecutiv
Lexus Champion

OP you got to do more research as to what look you are really trying to pull off here. decide on the look you want then research on what you need to do to pull off what you want. You will know how much you will end up spending and know what you're dealing with.
Old 05-19-10, 10:05 AM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by speedaddic
LOL @ "99"...I was 7 years out of high school in 99...we said "hella" when I was in Elementary school.....
Norcal says hella all the time! I never seen a place that use hella more than norcal.
Old 05-19-10, 10:07 AM
beez43
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

im surprised a few og's are posting on this.. but yeah, do your research and browse the forum... there are plenty of references to look at to get an idea on what you want to achieve and how..
Old 05-19-10, 10:40 AM
veritek
Lexus Champion

Booo!! I thought I was gonna see a flush GS!! Oh well, can't see how your ride turns out.
Old 05-19-10, 11:06 AM
c4lvin
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by [ant]
if you want to be hellflush and helldumped you need super hard coilovers. none of this stance/megan bull****, i mean at least 20k springs front and rear. take a look in any of the japanese magazines at the guys on coilovers and they are running 20k plus springs. This is a given because you basically want hardly any movement at all so when you are slowly going up driveways and inclines the car just lifts rather than the wheel hitting the guards.

as for negative offsets...yeah okay... you will need widebody and serious fender modifications. in addition, you'll need to decide how much tyre stretch and camber you want to run, that will then determine how much offset you can run.

at the end of the day this car wont be daily driveable so i would also consider buying a runaround for the day to day.

good luck with it though, do your research
You do realize that offsets of wheels mean nothing without widths?

Also, spring rates don't mean anything, either, unless correctly valved for said dampers. Try putting 20k springs on something not specifically dampened for them. Yeah, you'll soon find out that none of that means anything unless all done together.
Old 05-19-10, 11:40 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
LOL @ "99"...I was 7 years out of high school in 99...we said "hella" when I was in Elementary school.....
i was a junior in "99" lol....you'll were some bad elementary kids
Old 05-20-10, 09:57 PM
AlohaKing
Driver School Candidate

I just checked out Platinum VIP in Whittier, and that place is pricey as a motha!! but they're pretty legit... They're going to Hellaflush 5 up in Venice. If y'all live in California, you guys should hit it up. Btw, anybody selling 19's particularly works Eurolines or Weds Kranze, lemme know