Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

BC Racing Coils

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-10 | 10:04 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by acefalcon2
at megan's preset i drop too low... and i am rubbing all over... i've shaved front and rear fenders and i still rub on dips... so yeah....

Tein SS is on rubber mounts to and they are relatively quiet.. so i am gauging which is softer

Andre
so why not just raise it back up? i remember when i installed them on my 3GS it was pretty low so i just raised it. it doesnt matter how the preset drop comes, you can adjust them as needed. other wise whats the point of coilovers?
Old 06-01-10 | 10:20 AM
acefalcon2
Lexus Champion

my shop says i'm at the highest.... and i'm still rubbing

Andre
Old 06-01-10 | 05:39 PM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

I think your shop just doesn't want to adjust your height.

When I first had my coilovers installed I was scared to make the adjustments because I didn't know how... and I would call the shop and they said they were too busy or some other b.s. line to get out of working on it.

There's no way your at the highest setting and your still rubbing, unless your running monster truck tiers...
Old 06-02-10 | 09:54 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by mdgrwl
I’ve been rocking my BC Coils for about 20K miles now so I have decent feedback for you.

In order of your questions:

Drop at present setting: Not sure. The shop dropped it to where I told them to, but of course I was always making small adjustments here and there. Its always adjustable so really not that big of a deal, no?

My spring rates are the “standard” they send out for Lexus 10K front / 8K rear. Compared to my H&R springs I had on before, they were a little too soft feeling. Made the car feel boat like, but now I’m starting to appreciated it. It’s a daily driver and I’m not going through very many twisty roads anyhow, so they are fine. If you want a super sporty ride, bump them up a little.

Build quality is relative. For what you pay for? I would say an 9 out of 10. Very good. Though, compared to an OEM set up, or something like an F-Sport suspension, they are a 6 out of 10. Why? More road noise. Shock’s aren’t nearly as good as say a Bilstien shock (F-Sport). Also, slight clunking noise. Where an OEM set up (even dropped on springs) is dead silent. I would know because my wife drives an IS250 dropped on Eibach’s and it’s a much quieter ride.

I bet that about covers all your questions.
btw, That is the most objective/practical/qualified/experienced review that I've seen here in months. Truly describes the pros/cons based on actual experience, goes far beyond usual fanboy stuff. Thanks.
Old 06-02-10 | 10:26 AM
mdgrwl
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by IS-SV
btw, That is the most objective/practical/qualified/experienced review that I've seen here in months. Truly describes the pros/cons based on actual experience, goes far beyond usual fanboy stuff. Thanks.
Thanks. Yeah, I truly can't stand the fanboy typical responses that run rampant on this forum like "BCR FTW!" or "I love my Megans" or "JIC nuff said".

I mean really, who are they helping out with those comments?