Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need help with UAS Air suspension

Search this Thread

Old 05-24-10, 08:56 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

looks like you'll need struts and the brackets for them 200-300 for all those brackets new lines are not to much let me know what your going to do i will install it for 400 over a weekend just to make sure there are no leaks.. and that tank will have to be in the back were my sub is it looks like a 5 gallon.. tanks are cheap if you want to keep your bass.
Old 05-24-10, 10:48 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
A day or two is an understatement if you have no idea what you're doing. I think the first time I ever saw an air suspension it took us 4-5 weekends over a period of 3 months to figure it out since no one had any clue what was going on.

btw is your car done yet?
No :/ and i dont think i will finish it... sighh
Old 05-24-10, 11:27 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
No :/ and i dont think i will finish it... sighh
what do you need to finish?

Just give up on modding your car and leave it stock like mine. I'll take your parts if you want to donate.
Old 05-24-10, 11:33 PM
PK_Celsior
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

dang i would be down to help out!!!! but im all the way down in sd :x. did one uas install already, and it went fairly smooth!!!
Old 05-24-10, 11:59 PM
dejavu157
Lexus Champion

hey buddy. if tom steele decides to do it for you, ill come by and help out as much as i can for free. he take take all the payments.
Old 05-25-10, 12:29 AM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by tom steele
looks like you'll need struts and the brackets for them 200-300 for all those brackets new lines are not to much let me know what your going to do i will install it for 400 over a weekend just to make sure there are no leaks.. and that tank will have to be in the back were my sub is it looks like a 5 gallon.. tanks are cheap if you want to keep your bass.
Originally Posted by dejavu157
hey buddy. if tom steele decides to do it for you, ill come by and help out as much as i can for free. he take take all the payments.
If i get this kit ill definitely contact you tom steele and you can have me and dejavu just backing you up haha
Old 05-25-10, 12:36 AM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Hey guys need some advice should i get the kit that i posted earlier and get it in payments? which is also gonna run me 400 for the install or should i go with one of my bros contacts which he can do a UAS kit with installation for 2400 ??
Old 05-25-10, 01:57 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

I scratch my head hearing that it took people so long Definitely doesnt need removal of seats (except maybe back seats, which is a less than 5 min job) I found that removing the front struts to be the difficult part... IMO can be done in a day with some sweat

my suggestion is do what I did (with my first set up) mounted EVERYthing to a platform in a way that once I got to the point of the install, all I had to do was run power and ground to it (if not done in one day, guess you can call it sage one of a 2 stage process)

did all of that while chillin in my living room watching t.v. you cant see, but under/behind the tank i have a jumper which allowed me to plug all the grounds from the valves to so when mounted the 'platform' all I had to do was run a single ground to it.

Stage 2 would be bag/air line install.

Last edited by Mr Jokster; 05-25-10 at 02:14 AM.
Old 05-25-10, 09:43 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 551 Likes on 370 Posts

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
my suggestion is do what I did (with my first set up) mounted EVERYthing to a platform in a way that once I got to the point of the install, all I had to do was run power and ground to it (if not done in one day, guess you can call it sage one of a 2 stage process)
I do the same thing now. I can make the whole air setup work on or off the car. It is definitely easier and requires minimal down time on the car since everything is done off the car.

Day 1 I took measurements and made the display.
Day 2 I did the wiring and checked the system for leaks.
Day 3 Took the car apart and installed the bags, lines, power, ground, and ignition wire.

Old 05-25-10, 11:23 AM
kped Gs430
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
I do the same thing now. I can make the whole air setup work on or off the car. It is definitely easier and requires minimal down time on the car since everything is done off the car.

Day 1 I took measurements and made the display.
Day 2 I did the wiring and checked the system for leaks.
Day 3 Took the car apart and installed the bags, lines, power, ground, and ignition wire.

Originally Posted by Mr Jokster
I scratch my head hearing that it took people so long Definitely doesnt need removal of seats (except maybe back seats, which is a less than 5 min job) I found that removing the front struts to be the difficult part... IMO can be done in a day with some sweat

did all of that while chillin in my living room watching t.v. you cant see, but under/behind the tank i have a jumper which allowed me to plug all the grounds from the valves to so when mounted the 'platform' all I had to do was run a single ground to it.

Stage 2 would be bag/air line install.
Damn these both are reallllll nice makes me want air even more.... question do you guys ever have problems with these bag because the reason my brother recommends me to buy the kit brand new and installed for 2400 is because they also give you warranty on everything and is this a good deal??
Old 05-25-10, 02:08 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 90 Likes on 82 Posts

Installed for $2400?!!! GO GET IT DONE!!! Their kit is 2300 and you get it installed for $100 bucks by professionals?! What are you waiting for? LoL... What kind of problems you mean? Honestly, with all the UAS 'issues' I've read, most to all have been user/installer error. All my 'truck' friends usually have problems with their lines being chopped off, but again due to install error. tanks, valves compressors last a very long time. Compressors can eventually fail, but probably in years. James VipeDout barely had to rebuild his after quite a few years. Just gotta keep everything maintained. Keep checking water traps and emptying and the such. All and all, very worth having
Old 05-25-10, 02:48 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

everyone seemed to have tested them out before installing....great job.

fortunately for me...I dont drive my car too often....so I could have it in pieces for as long as it takes.

I did my install on 3 Saturdays...1st Sat = remove rear seats, center console, run wires and airlines. 2nd Sat = install and mount tank under rear dash, install valves and compressor. 3rd Sat = install struts, test for leaks, and re-install interior.
Old 05-25-10, 03:02 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

If i install mine again.. imma try to kill it in a day.. Have everything mounted on the board, test for leaks, install bags, run lines, bolt the board down, and hose it all up... after that work where to position the controller.
Old 05-25-10, 07:20 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

for the 2400 i doubt it will come with gauges those are about 400 alone and is this straight from uas with the new brackets like these and the install will be basic for that price more than likely the tank to the side nothing hidden i like to keep thing clean and looking stock as possible. but definitly if it comes with all the brackets you need and all new fittings and lines its a good deal go that way for sure but do all your homework dont want any regrets afterwards in the pics shows the new upper bag mount which is needed and lower mount for the bilstein strut
Attached Thumbnails Need help with UAS Air suspension-top-bag-mount.jpg   Need help with UAS Air suspension-front-strut-new-top-plate.jpg  
Old 05-25-10, 07:36 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

damn so tempting too!! i think i might pull the trigger sooner then i thought

Quick Reply: Need help with UAS Air suspension