Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Shop Installed TEIN CS coilovers today

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-02, 02:24 AM
BadBtsz4u
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That looks like how its suppose to look,very nice.

I now see how I made mistake early on in my modding career by not getting coilovers.Its worth to save the extra $500 or so and get the coilovers over say an L-tuned set-up.although where I live it might not have been that bad of a move.

Anyways you live n learn.
Old 06-22-02, 06:59 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i got ya on that stereo and passengers man!

Ya, well my front is ever so slightly lower than the rear and even with a stiffer front setting its still way more oversteer then stock!! Stock was understeering god.. now its very neutral with some minor oversteer coming out of corners witha bit of gas.
Old 06-22-02, 08:04 AM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Looking great dude!!
Old 06-22-02, 08:05 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

rockero yes you can do all of the above and i am running 2 rear and 1.5 finger front with tons more to drop, the flex will let you drop more too dont worry!
Old 06-24-02, 05:14 PM
JAC JZS
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Seen a few cars with Tein CS and...

Looks good Ken. I also like how your car gets that 'dropped' look while still maintaing a stocklike/ better than stock/ L-Tuned(stiffest setting) type ride.
Old 06-24-02, 07:18 PM
Blanco
Lexus Test Driver

Question Ride Height

Can you adjust the front and rear heights separately?? What about overall height?? Can you select, or is 2.75" the only choice? Been thinking of L-tuned springs and struts, but I like the idea of adjustability in ride stiffness. I'd like it even more if I could pick my drop. Also, can the CS setup be electronically adjusted like the HA setup??

Tnx,
Blanco
Old 06-24-02, 08:26 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Ride Height

Originally posted by Blanco
Can you adjust the front and rear heights separately?? What about overall height?? Can you select, or is 2.75" the only choice? Been thinking of L-tuned springs and struts, but I like the idea of adjustability in ride stiffness. I'd like it even more if I could pick my drop. Also, can the CS setup be electronically adjusted like the HA setup??

Tnx,
Blanco
Yes, everything on the coilover is ADJUSTABLE. You can lower your height to what ever you want but the max I believe is 2.75". You can control your dampening on each shock with a click of the ****. When I get my bodykit, I will raise my suspension up a little to prevent from scratching. No, I don't believe the TEIN CS can be control electronically, however, the TEIN FLEX can be. This has been the best purchase for my car so far.
Old 06-24-02, 08:38 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Default Re: Re: Ride Height

Originally posted by LXOGOOD

This has been the best purchase for my car so far.
Man...I wish I would have listened to Manaray and got the coilovers . I going to take my car in to see if the Lsprotlines will lower another half inch...if not I'm gonna get the TEIN FLEX or CS.
Old 06-24-02, 10:38 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

With the TIEN coilover setup, can you just jack the car up and adjust the height (clicks) without pulling the wheels off?
Old 06-25-02, 01:13 AM
WOTM.com
Driver School Candidate

There's nothing like adjustability
Old 06-25-02, 01:31 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just to make sure everyone is clear...

The Tein EDFC ONLY electronically changes the DAMPENING setting and according to Tein, it works with the FLEX, CS, and HA. It does NOT control height.

To adjust the height, you don't NECESSARILY have to remove the wheels but it will make a LOT easier...now if you have girly hands/wrists/arms and your have a wheel with small spokes and huge openings, then you can do it w/o removing the wheel...but in most cases, you will want to take the wheels off. Plus it's easiler to do precise adjustments. There are NO markers on the shock body so you have use a rule/tape measure to make sure you're even left to right...

EVERY coilover is independently adjustable. So you can really jack up your ride if you adjust it unevenly....uneven front to back isn't a big deal though and some people like a mild rake...

And like I tell EVERYONE, GET COILOVERS instead of just springs and shocks and NEVER do JUST springs. If you don't have enough money, then save up for it. Don't get stuck with someone else's idea of how low or high your car should be (meaning the manufacturers) DO IT RIGHT THE FIRST TIME AND SAVE YOURSELF MONEY AND TIME.
Old 06-25-02, 06:59 AM
TIKTIK11
Driver

Manaray,
About to put in my order for flex's. Just wnated to know how your alignment, and tread issue is goin, how ride comfort and performance is and anything i should consider during installation.
Old 06-25-02, 09:23 AM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Great feedback on coilovers - I am going to forget the H&R Bilstein combo idea and save up for coilovers. Are CA's a cheaper solution than FLEX? I am not too concerned with the ride, I just want the drop baby!

Thanks!
Old 06-25-02, 01:29 PM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

TIKTIK11 - So far, so good...no problems with treadwear or alignment...check out my thread on the FLEX install on my GS430...

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=48338

Synergy - The FLEX is $60 more than the CS (retail price) and the FLEX is just a HAIR bit stiffer than the CS but the FLEX has way more adjustability in terms of height. I would go with the FLEX for the GS personally...oh wait, I did...
Old 06-25-02, 02:43 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Do the damn thing!! Congrats!!!