Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Difference between sport package springs and F-sport springs

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-10, 01:21 PM
Nezumi
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Difference between sport package springs and F-sport springs

I've tried doing searches for a topic like this, but I haven't had any luck finding anything.

What is the difference between the two? The is a sport package that comes with lowering springs in addition to a few other additions, but it never makes any mention that it's using F-sport parts.

So I was just wondering if anyone knows if they're different springs, and if so, what is the drop difference between the two as well as spring rates (which set of springs is stiffer, etc).

Thanks for any info

Edit: I realized I should have posted this in the breaks/suspension forums. Very sorry. I don't see an option to move it myself, so if a mod could help me, it would be appreciated.

Last edited by Nezumi; 06-09-10 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Wrong forum
Old 06-09-10, 02:14 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Nezumi
I've tried doing searches for a topic like this, but I haven't had any luck finding anything.

What is the difference between the two? The is a sport package that comes with lowering springs in addition to a few other additions, but it never makes any mention that it's using F-sport parts.

So I was just wondering if anyone knows if they're different springs, and if so, what is the drop difference between the two as well as spring rates (which set of springs is stiffer, etc).

Thanks for any info

Edit: I realized I should have posted this in the breaks/suspension forums. Very sorry. I don't see an option to move it myself, so if a mod could help me, it would be appreciated.

The sport suspension doesn't use F-sport parts. It drops the front 0.4 inches and the rear 0.0 inches from the normal suspension. Both the shocks and springs are stiffer than normal though. The springs are linear.

The F-sport springs are a lower drop both ways, and are progressive springs.
Old 06-09-10, 03:19 PM
Nezumi
Driver

Interesting. So if I wanted to switch to a progressive spring, how would the f-sport springs handle with the stiffer shocks from the sport package? Better or worse?
Old 06-09-10, 04:35 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Better, i ran them until i got my 19's and i loved the handling of the car, so sure footed and much in the way of confidence in the turns.

Just dont get these for the 'drop' Ride/handling yes mos def but i would go with eibach 250 springs instead of the fsport (eibach 350) for the nicer drop while retaining the progressive spring rates.
Old 06-09-10, 04:56 PM
Nezumi
Driver

Yeah I'm okay with the wheel gap. I'm past that point in my life where I am going for the drop, but I definitely felt too much body roll when test driving the IS350 (granted, it was a convertible, but I assume it won't be MUCH worse than the sedan). That is the reason I went with the sport package. I'm hoping that once I swap out the rear sway bar along with the sport suspension, I will have something that has the feel of the handling that my G37S has right now. (or better!)

I'm hoping that the linear springs of the sport package aren't too stiff of a ride. I'm not sure how the progressive F-sport springs would compare to the sport package springs. It's not that expensive, but alignment after the installation would add up :P
Old 06-09-10, 05:44 PM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I did the spring swap from sport pkg to Eibach 350 springs (same as the F-Sport springs) and I like the resulting effect on my IS350 sedan. The handling is slight improved with minimal deterioration in ride quality.

But I do feel the OEM sport shocks are better matched to the OEM sport package springs, rebound on big bumps at speed is somewhat jerkier with the lowering springs which is only downside that I've noticed in 12 months.
Old 06-09-10, 05:55 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Personally I'm pretty happy with the OEM sport suspension springs and shocks once I put the F-sport bars on the car... and I'm not a progressive spring fan, I like my springs to be as predictable at the start of a maneuver as at the end
Old 06-10-10, 07:34 AM
Nezumi
Driver

Awesome, that makes me feel a lot better about my setup ordered. I need to order an F-sport rear sway, since Sewell now has them separate from the fronts. I can't justify the cost of the front bar for 6% increase in stiffness ...
Old 06-10-10, 10:33 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by Nezumi
Awesome, that makes me feel a lot better about my setup ordered. I need to order an F-sport rear sway, since Sewell now has them separate from the fronts. I can't justify the cost of the front bar for 6% increase in stiffness ...
btw, what setup did you decide to order?
Old 06-10-10, 10:34 AM
Nezumi
Driver

I ordered tungsten pearl, black leather, sport package with ML sound. So basically I fully loaded it up so I could get all of the little features I wanted. I think the only aftermarket thing I'm going to do is slap on a F-sport rear sway and hope I'm good to go

And I got an e-mail from my lexus rep and he said that the car has a VIN and I should get it in about a month! whoohoo!
Old 06-10-10, 11:39 AM
IS-SV
Lexus Fanatic

^^ Congrats, the car sounds hot. The sport package is relatively rare.
Old 06-10-10, 11:47 AM
Nezumi
Driver

Thanks yeah I had to wait about 3.5 months or so and order it to get it with sport package and ML...I'm getting antsy already though! Patience is a virtue heh