Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need help...brake fluid change

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-10, 06:30 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Damn! Really? The last time I changed my tranny fluid was from the stock Toyota Type IV to Amsoil synthetic ATF and that was about 3 years ago. Even with my heavy foot and high stall PI TC that Amsoil ATF still looks new!!! But I think it's time to change the fluid again and figured why not try the Royal Purple ATF...it indicates that it is up to standards of Toyota Type III, IV, & V.

Can you provide a link (website) that may indicate tranny failure by using this? If so, I will just return it and buy Amsoil again.
Amsoil is probably one of the only true sythetic oil company these days. Most companies use dino base stocks as the base for all of their oil these days. Before the so-called RP, redline and other companies came out, Amsoil has been out proven themself time and time again. They were the only company that made a substitute ATF specially formulated to be comparable to the toyota Type-IV. I'm glad that you went with what's proven and especially you're running a higher stall, you'll want better heat dispersion and additives of the amsoil. Go to bob the oil guy and read the data spec for amsoil against the others and you'll see why it's the number one choice of oil.
Old 06-15-10, 06:33 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by vwynn
Jefftsai said he uses cheap OTC Tranny fluid.. he said it just has less slip addatives so the tranny shifts more firm.. try checking with him to confirm?
I'm pretty sure you're mixing up what jeff is trying to say. You'll want more detergents and additives in the T-IV as it will help. Toyota designed the T-IV fluid in the first place since their clutch packs that uses T-IV fluid is very different than others on the market. If you use anything besides the recomended T-IV, you'll develop symptoms sooner or later.
Old 06-15-10, 06:36 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by TLcoats
Both amsoil and royal purple make very high quality oils. Putting those two wouldnt have any real noticable effects in transmission longevity compared to stock Toyota Type IV.

My buddy owns a serious of transmission shops and said as long as you make sure your fluid is flushed properly and your using higher quality fluids there shouldnt be anything to really worry about.
I hope you know that the factory toyota T-IV fluid is one of the best synthetic fluid out on the market right? That is why Boost logic, Sound performance, PRE, Titan and others only run this fluid in all of their built automatic supra's holding 800+ rwhp.