Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Pic Request: BC Racing Coils slammed to the max w/o RCA's

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-10, 01:36 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Anthony
my megans slam^
Yeah there's definite concrete evidence that Megans slam.

I got check my pc @ home for pics of any rides with BC coils on them.
Old 06-25-10, 02:12 PM
onihc
I heart Honda

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
Yeah there's definite concrete evidence that Megans slam.

I got check my pc @ home for pics of any rides with BC coils on them.
megans slam when you adjust the spring perch. out of the box, maxed out without touching the spring perch, it's the same as BC in these pictures.
Old 06-25-10, 02:32 PM
motolex722
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Although I'm not looking for the slammed look (at least not yet), I do want to be lower then what is shown in that picture. Seriously... that's how my car looks in the front and I'm still on my Tanabe DF210's. Maybe I'm a few millimeters higher to be exact.
If you add RCA's you can definitely achieve the slammed look but you will run into hitting problems. I dont want to cut up the inside of my fender wells so i guess i'll have to live with this height. I had tanabe df's before these and these coils do go about an inch lower than the dfs at their lowest and ride 10x better as well. I'll post up more pics this weekend after i clean her up to give everyone a better idea of my ride height.
Old 06-25-10, 03:03 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 79 Likes on 61 Posts

Just adjust the spring perch. Preload isn't as crucial if you're just daily driving. If you are going for hardcore handling, the car isn't suppose to be that low anyways.
Old 06-25-10, 07:34 PM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

removing 1 collar will get you sitting at the ride height you want to be at
Old 06-25-10, 08:05 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sam430
You can't go any lower than the length of the shock... in case with BC, the shock is long.
Originally Posted by sam430
It's impossible to go beyond the length of the shock body.

For the items you are talking about, it may be that the shock is very short and bottom tube is longer. Not that great of a shock for shock travel... I think we are talking about a different coil over.
actually removing one collar will make it go lower. In the OPs case it will achieve the perfect look their going after.. trust me.. This coil over along with other ex. Megan D2 Ksports. have a different set up then others (teins.....) This kind of coil over has the actual height adjusted from the shock body itself instead of the spring preload.. benefits are that the shock will have full travel whether it be up at full height/or down all the way.. so that means no ride sacrifice so one way of making the front lower without voiding warranty/sacrificing ride quality would be removing one collar..
Old 06-25-10, 08:50 PM
TLcoats
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Shoot. I just ordered these expecting that they would at least go as low as megans! Man this sucks... oh well i guess i'll be riding around a little higher then expected...
Old 06-25-10, 09:39 PM
spooze
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn me too. what size are the wheels in the first picture. i think with a lip kit it will look slammed
Old 06-25-10, 09:44 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Man you guys are picky... BCs will slam if you adjust the upper perch. When you're that low to the ground, you can't take advantage of the full shock travel anyways. Don't worry about preload. It's blown out of proportion, especially for a daily driver . Plus you're not going to be driving over bumps or dips fast enough to find out
Old 06-25-10, 10:05 PM
spooze
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

lets say ur somewhat slammed on bc's will you be able to get camber and toe close to spec?
Old 06-25-10, 10:06 PM
GSteg
Rookie

What is considered 'somewhat'?
Old 06-25-10, 11:48 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by GSteg
Man you guys are picky... BCs will slam if you adjust the upper perch. When you're that low to the ground, you can't take advantage of the full shock travel anyways. Don't worry about preload. It's blown out of proportion, especially for a daily driver . Plus you're not going to be driving over bumps or dips fast enough to find out
They should have made the shock body shorter... especially when they use 10/8 rate. It'll never bottom out. I guess they are reusing the body for other cars to keep manufaturing cheap.
Old 06-25-10, 11:59 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by LudeNsoL
actually removing one collar will make it go lower. In the OPs case it will achieve the perfect look their going after.. trust me.. This coil over along with other ex. Megan D2 Ksports. have a different set up then others (teins.....) This kind of coil over has the actual height adjusted from the shock body itself instead of the spring preload.. benefits are that the shock will have full travel whether it be up at full height/or down all the way.. so that means no ride sacrifice so one way of making the front lower without voiding warranty/sacrificing ride quality would be removing one collar..

Ok, maybe we are confused by collar... what do u mean by collar? The only way you can lower the BC is by lowering the perch... there is no other way.
Old 06-26-10, 07:42 AM
motolex722
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by spooze
lets say ur somewhat slammed on bc's will you be able to get camber and toe close to spec?
In the rear, no. I installed a set of FIGS adjustable lower control arms to get into spec. I was running spc uca's in the front but removed them a few days ago. I haven't gotten an alignment yet. Hopefully i'll be able to answer your question on monday but i'm almost positive i was out of my stock adjustment when i had my car aligned with the spc adjustable uca's which left me no choice but to adjust the uca.
Old 06-26-10, 08:56 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 111 Likes on 85 Posts

Are you kidding me??? Please tell me this is a mistake and that these coils go lower then that. I thought I saw pics before of some wheels tucking with these coils.
I have these coils...why would I kid?

Quick Reply: Pic Request: BC Racing Coils slammed to the max w/o RCA's