Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

D2 racing type rs coilovers

Search this Thread

Old 07-23-10, 10:04 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GSteg
The main valving is done internally and has little to do with the damper adjustments. It's not a number you pick at all. Best way to figure out is to put your car on a 7 post shaker rig and replicate the road conditions. Your valving will be based on how you want your car to react. Most reputable shock builders probably have done more than enough shock dynos to kind of get an idea on how to set the valving. Of course not everyone has access to a shaker rig so the coilover manufactor will most likely valve the shocks the way they see fit for the spring rate. This will work good enough for *most* daily drivers. Guys who are serious about racing will require custom setups.
You are dead on point here. Luckily, North Carolina is a motorsport state filled with Nascar and Rolex sports car teams so we have all these equipment available. Heck, I live not too far away from the only rolling wind tunnel in the united states. You see Race teams come to do aero tunning all the time. I could even hook anyone up with rental if they have the funds. The last time I checked, my discounted rate is $14k/hr. But you have to book a min. of 4 hours..
Old 07-27-10, 07:16 PM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

wow I did not know that it was this level of machinery/expertise required to get it just right....14K/hr?!

That equates to four to five of my cars for 1 hr to setup the suspension. I guess I am destined to only off the shelf products.

wow you guys are very lucky to get the opportunity.
Old 07-28-10, 09:11 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 73 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by kene
wow I did not know that it was this level of machinery/expertise required to get it just right....14K/hr?!

That equates to four to five of my cars for 1 hr to setup the suspension. I guess I am destined to only off the shelf products.

wow you guys are very lucky to get the opportunity.
that price is for the wind tunnel testing not to setup your shocks
Old 07-28-10, 12:07 PM
kene
Lead Lap

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

ic...I stand corrected.
Old 02-04-11, 11:09 PM
bADBOySC4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone have a picture of how low the fronts can go on these. my fronts dont lower that low and i have confirmed with d2 that the coilover settings are at its lowest. hopefully someone has a pic and also can attach wheel sizes.
Old 02-20-11, 09:10 PM
bADBOySC4
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

anyone? im thinking of modifying this set. anyone able to slam the fronts with these?
Old 02-21-11, 03:35 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by bADBOySC4
anyone? im thinking of modifying this set. anyone able to slam the fronts with these?
I'm really sorry that I haven't gotten a chance to take pictures of my setup for you since I've been out of town for work. If you could wait another week when I come back, I'll try to diagnose the problem with you.